PDA

View Full Version : Generator - 14kw Generac (guardian series)

jimnyc
08-21-2017, 03:55 PM
We don't need it right now. It turns itself on every Wed to maintain itself. It's got 3 indicators on the front panel: green, yellow and red. Currently, and normally, the green led is lit. But now, additionally, the yellow light is on. It would appear this means "maintenance" - which is more than likely meaning it needs an oil change.

Well I'll be damned, not a clue in the world really how to do so. :( Got the guy coming tomorrow to check it out and change the oil. Makes me nervous when I'm not up to date on such technology... I'm afraid he may say it's more than that and gouge me for money. He's the same guy who installed it though, and he seemed more than honest, so hopefully this will go smoothly.

Who has experience and knowledge with home style generators? Is changing the oil easy enough?

All I know is this is the one, so now you know what it looks like...

https://i.imgur.com/i5PAzS0.jpg

aboutime
08-21-2017, 04:01 PM
We don't need it right now. It turns itself on every Wed to maintain itself. It's got 3 indicators on the front panel: green, yellow and red. Currently, and normally, the green led is lit. But now, additionally, the yellow light is on. It would appear this means "maintenance" - which is more than likely meaning it needs an oil change.

Well I'll be damned, not a clue in the world really how to do so. :( Got the guy coming tomorrow to check it out and change the oil. Makes me nervous when I'm not up to date on such technology... I'm afraid he may say it's more than that and gouge me for money. He's the same guy who installed it though, and he seemed more than honest, so hopefully this will go smoothly.

Who has experience and knowledge with home style generators? Is changing the oil easy enough?

All I know is this is the one, so now you know what it looks like...

https://i.imgur.com/i5PAzS0.jpg

jimnyc. We have a different style, but you should look in the Booklet/Instructions that came with it. If you don't have the booklet. Go online to Google, or whatever search engine you use, type the NAME, STYLE, MANUFACTURER, and serial number. The directions should pop up with all the answers you need.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Very nice!

Here's my beast...

https://image.ibb.co/b5jawk/20170821_155815.jpg

jimnyc
08-21-2017, 04:05 PM
jimnyc. We have a different style, but you should look in the Booklet/Instructions that came with it. If you don't have the booklet. Go online to Google, or whatever search engine you use, type the NAME, STYLE, MANUFACTURER, and serial number. The directions should pop up with all the answers you need.

I have the manual, unfortunately it really only tells me that it means maintenance. :(

jimnyc
08-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Very nice!

Here's my beast...

I don't have a portable one, but man, I sure wish I did!!

aboutime
08-21-2017, 04:10 PM

Try Online, and just ask HOW DO I CHANGE THE OIL? Google has everything you need.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 04:10 PM
I picked that one up at an auction for $400. Hour meter says only 12.5 hours so it's basically new. Battery start. Looked it up online and it retails for like $2,500. I have a smaller 2.5KW Briggs & Straton that's really easy to pick up and throw in the vehicle. Forget what I paid for that one. It wasn't much though, very handy little fart.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Try Online, and just ask HOW DO I CHANGE THE OIL? Google has everything you need.
Unfortunately... don't mean to derail the thread but if I actually won the $650M powerball lottery, I'd get something going on the internet, a new facebook, a new search engine, something, news, whatever, ALL for conservatives. I'd do my absolute best to put a hurtin' on these liberal giants that pull all their little fascist leftist games against conservatives.

jimnyc
08-21-2017, 04:30 PM

Oh shit, better yet, just found a Youtube video on how to do it, and it looks easy as hell!!

Little-Acorn
08-21-2017, 04:41 PM
I googled youtube generac guardian maintenance and found a number of videos on how to do various things.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Here's my little one... forgot it was a Coleman. I've used this one a lot, job sites, out back away from an outlet, camping, all over... I'm tempted to take it with me on vacation next month...

https://image.ibb.co/mUBG2Q/20170821_164024.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Damn... I should start resizing my pics on imbb smaller... :unsure:

aboutime
08-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Oh shit, better yet, just found a Youtube video on how to do it, and it looks easy as hell!!

Great! And the best thing is. You can keep going back if you skip something. Best of all. IT'S FREE...no service man, or charges to do it yourself!

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2017, 07:17 PM
ALL for conservatives sounds incredibly boring......I look for boards that are primarily lib'rul......

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2017, 07:21 PM
You Tube is great for that......I have this CPAP machine that I use for sleep apnea........when I lost weight it was set too strong......called the doctor who prescribed it for me and they said they couldn't re-calibrate it for me without a new $1500 sleep study......so I go on you tube and learn how to do it myself in ten minutes......knocked it down 50%.......lost some more weight and knocked it down another 50%....

High_Plains_Drifter
08-23-2017, 08:21 AM
sounds incredibly boring......I look for boards that are primarily lib'rul......
To be more specific, a new facebook or twitter or search engine, etc, that was owned and operated by conservatives, so they wouldn't have to worry about anything conservative being deleted, edited out, moderated against or algorithms written to shove to the back.