PDA

View Full Version : What Does the Second Amendment Mean To You?

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 12:07 PM
The Second Amendment. Does it mean you can pack a pistol? Does it mean you can go hunting? Does it mean something else?

I'd like to hear what you have to say about it.

Gunny
08-24-2017, 12:43 PM
Means what it says to me and is self-explanatory. IAW the Second, I can possess firearms without interference from the US, State, and/or local government. Such is not the case.

The only people with the unfettered "Right" to bear arms are technically criminals for doing what they want regardless the stupid rules. Wait for it .... only law-abiding citizens follow the rules.

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Means what it says to me and is self-explanatory. IAW the Second, I can possess firearms without interference from the US, State, and/or local government. Such is not the case.

The only people with the unfettered "Right" to bear arms are technically criminals for doing what they want regardless the stupid rules. Wait for it .... only law-abiding citizens follow the rules.

There's a reason it shall not be infringed.

Gunny
08-24-2017, 01:20 PM
There's a reason it shall not be infringed.It's supposed to keep the government honest. Our government has more twists ans turns and rules infringing on that right than Carter has Little Liver Pills. The US government might bleet all it wants about "We're not infringing on gun Rights" but the fact is, it doesn't have to.

Legislation from the bench and States making up their own rules do it for them. Unless the Supreme Court rules any and all rulings from lower courts invalid, the anti-gun crew will just continue to chip away, one ruling at a time.

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 01:22 PM
It's supposed to keep the government honest. Our government has more twists ans turns and rules infringing on that right than Carter has Little Liver Pills. The US government might bleet all it wants about "We're not infringing on gun Rights" but the fact is, it doesn't have to.

Legislation from the bench and States making up their own rules do it for them. Unless the Supreme Court rules any and all rulings from lower courts invalid, the anti-gun crew will just continue to chip away, one ruling at a time.

You're talking about the government. I don't exercise my rights based on what the government says.

Gunny
08-24-2017, 01:38 PM
You're talking about the government. I don't exercise my rights based on what the government says.

I hear ya. The lost me a long time ago ... little issue over killing for gold and calling it for freedom and democracy. Live and learn.

Gunny
08-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Re the above ... I DO take issue with the fact that you can get all the weapons you want to go kill "bad guys" for Uncle Sugar but return to the states and not be allowed to purchase one for some dumbass reason or another. Boggles the mind.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-24-2017, 02:16 PM
I'm with Gunny... the 2nd means the right to keep and bear arms, and the reason for that is if our government ever turns full tyranny, we not only have the right but it's our duty to kick their asses out. Why else do the fascist left hate guns so much... because you can't easily subjugate the people of a nation until they have zero means for recourse. The left/democrats would love nothing more than go full blown totalitarian and FORCE you to think what they think, say what they say and do what they tell you to do and never step otta line. Never been a bigger bunch of good little fascists since Hitler and the Nazis.

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Re the above ... I DO take issue with the fact that you can get all the weapons you want to go kill "bad guys" for Uncle Sugar but return to the states and not be allowed to purchase one for some dumbass reason or another. Boggles the mind.

Big ass thumbs up!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-24-2017, 02:23 PM
The different between conservatives and leftists...

"you see something on tv that you find highly offensive"...

... the conservative: turns the channel
... the leftist: organizes a massive protest against it which turns into a riot, attacks the station channel, attacks it's advertisers and wants it shut down, and if you disagree with them you're a racist, homophobe, deplorable, low life POS.

Now imagine we have no second amendment.

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 02:24 PM

... the leftist: organizes a massive protest against it which turns into a riot, attacks the station channel, attacks it's advertisers and wants it shut down, and if you disagree with them you're a racist, homophobe, deplorable, low life POS.

Aren't you the one who was talking about a special conservative web browser?

Way to turn the channel.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Aren't you the one who was talking about a special conservative web browser?

Way to turn the channel.
I was talking about far more than just a web browser, and yes it would be... so what's your point?

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 02:27 PM
I was talking about far more than just a web browser, and yes it would be... so what's your point?

My point is you're not walking away.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-24-2017, 02:28 PM
My point is you're not walking away.
Well your point is fucked.

What part about starting your own and not using the other is "not walking away?"

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Well your point is fucked.

What part about starting your own and not using the other is "not walking away?"

My Lord you said it 4 posts ago. Do I really have to quote a post that was only 4 posts ago?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-24-2017, 02:32 PM
My Lord you said it 4 posts ago. Do I really have to quote a post that was only 4 posts ago?
You can't explain yourself?

I said conservatives "turn the channel."
I said leftists "want the channel shut down."

I said in another post "I'd start my own this or that."

Are you missing the part where I'm not demanding the other stuff be SHUT DOWN?

I don't know where your heads at...

Black Diamond
08-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Maybe semirelated I have unfollowed a lot of folks on Facebook. But I haven't tried to shut them down. Some of them probably should be. Lol.

michiganFats
08-24-2017, 02:38 PM
You can't explain yourself?

I said conservatives "turn the channel."
I said leftists "want the channel shut down."

I said in another post "I'd start my own this or that."

Are you missing the part where I'm not demanding the other stuff be SHUT DOWN?

I don't know where your heads at...

You asked for it, you got it.

High_Plains_Drifter

Are you turning the channel? You sound like a whiny little bitch to me. For someone who claims not to pay attention you seem to know a lot about what the people you claim you're not listening to are doing and saying.

aboutime
08-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Second Amendment

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/second_amendment

It means, what it says!

Little-Acorn
08-24-2017, 05:21 PM
The 2nd says that since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons cannot be banned or restricted by any government in the U.S.

Pretty straightforward.

It's a restriction on government.

It doesn't prevent govt from making laws saying you can't murder someone. Or assault them, or rob them etc.

And if a guy doesn't want guns on his property, he can forbid you from entering his property if you have a gun. He just can't take your gun away. All he can do is ask you to leave.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2017, 08:40 AM
You asked for it, you got it.

Are you turning the channel? You sound like a whiny little bitch to me. For someone who claims not to pay attention you seem to know a lot about what the people you claim you're not listening to are doing and saying.
Ya know, I don't know what rotten piece of DUMBASS crawled up your ass and DIED, but you got yourself a bad case of fucking STUPID. I have no idea what the fuck you're even so pissed off about other than you've just worked yourself up because I said conservatives would turn the channel and liberals would want it shut down. That must have TRIGGERED your poor little self.

Now I'll go back over this JUST for you, you IGNORANT little shit stain, but first I'll point, WHERE DID I SAY I DIDN'T TURN THE CHANNEL? You're reading WAAAAAAY, WAAAAAAY more into this than what I've said. My point is very simple...

... "a CONSERVATIVE will TURN THE CHANNEL if they see something on TV they don't like,

... in CONTRAST, a LEFTIST will want the channel SHUT DOWN.

Now what part about THAT are you SHITTING yourself about?

*WHERE* did I say I *DIDN'T* turn turn the channel. *WHERE* did I say I wanted a channel *SHUT DOWN* *WHERE did you get the idea I *DON'T* turn the channel? You're WAAAAAAY THE FUCK OFF IN LALA LAND here DUMBASS.

Now I had mentioned in another post that if I won the lottery, I would start my own website like a facebook, or a search engine, or something of the sort that conservatives could use and not have to worry about being shut down, silenced and have their shit deleted by the leftists that run the shit they use now.

THAT is ALL I have I said. Now why in the FUCK you're in such a HORRENDOUS FUCKING UPROAR about shit I have NOT said or done, I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA.

Good GOD man, please get a fucking CLUE.