PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Harvey ...or ....

Gunny
08-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Whatever it's called. All Cat 2-trying-to-be-3 .I get no end of amusement watching dorks in action, panicking :laugh:. All over the store, shelves are bare, people run-walking to grab the last loaf of bread.

Ummm ... we're 200 miles from the coast and above the flood plane? Granted we'll get some rain, and probably some flooding. But these whack jobs are acting like the end times are upon us :laugh:.

Black Diamond
08-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Are gas stations gouging ?

Gunny
08-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Are gas stations gouging ?Not yet. The 4 big oil refineries are in its path though. If one goes down for any reason, you'll pay at the pump.

michiganFats
08-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Whatever it's called. All Cat 2-trying-to-be-3 .I get no end of amusement watching dorks in action, panicking :laugh:. All over the store, shelves are bare, people run-walking to grab the last loaf of bread.

Ummm ... we're 200 miles from the coast and above the flood plane? Granted we'll get some rain, and probably some flooding. But these whack jobs are acting like the end times are upon us :laugh:.

People are funny sometimes.

The important question is why would Trump make this hurricane hit you and did the Russians help him with the hurricane in any way?

Gunny
08-25-2017, 06:08 PM
People are funny sometimes.

The important question is why would Trump make this hurricane hit you and did the Russians help him with the hurricane in any way?:laugh:

Well, Hitlery did guarantee Texas .....

Kathianne
08-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Now a Category 4. I find it difficult to lose lots of sleep over adults that persist in stupidity, if they didn't keep their kids with them. Then there are those that just don't have the means or help, (like the infirm or many elderly) to get the heck out.

The good news seems to be that many things have changed since Katrina and Sandy. FEMA has forwarded needed supplies and people even before all the legalities were cleared, so they are positioned when they can get in there.

Might well be a shining moment for the administration, we'll know in a few days.

jimnyc
08-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Damn, was just a 3 last I looked like half an hour ago. I guess it's picking up!

Gunny
08-25-2017, 06:23 PM
Damn, was just a 3 last I looked like half an hour ago. I guess it's picking up!It's almost made landfall though. It'll lose power.

The fear is it is going to fish hook NE back into the Gulf abd regain it's power. That means the LA coast.

Our Governor asked for Federal Aid 3 days ago :).

jimnyc
08-25-2017, 06:27 PM
It's almost made landfall though. It'll lose power.

The fear is it is going to fish hook NE back into the Gulf abd regain it's power. That means the LA coast.

Our Governor asked for Federal Aid 3 days ago :).

As it should be! It should start with the governors and mayors, it's the states responsibility, IMO. Of course if/when requested, they should also get immediate assistance from the feds, which they hopefully will.

Gunny
08-25-2017, 07:07 PM
As it should be! It should start with the governors and mayors, it's the states responsibility, IMO. Of course if/when requested, they should also get immediate assistance from the feds, which they hopefully will.They're already here. Doesn't hurt we have 5 military bases. They brought a lot of katrina evacuees here. Maybe they'll go back since it's coming here.

Big Hoss has made it to Cat 4. Just in time to make landfall.

aboutime
08-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Gunny. I know you are well inland, but don't take any chances. This storm is WORSE than Katrina, and it has no place to go while it Grows even bigger.

i HOPE everybody who could leave the coast..DID. Water is dangerous. Even I fear water more than Fire. Mother Nature is gonna eliminate a lot of folks who can't help themselves.
This one is bad. STAY SAFE EVERYONE.

Gunny
08-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Gunny. I know you are well inland, but don't take any chances. This storm is WORSE than Katrina, and it has no place to go while it Grows even bigger.

i HOPE everybody who could leave the coast..DID. Water is dangerous. Even I fear water more than Fire. Mother Nature is gonna eliminate a lot of folks who can't help themselves.
This one is bad. STAY SAFE EVERYONE.I've been through a few. I don't take chances. I just don't run around like a chicken with my head chopped off about it. I went through 3 in S FL, I in VA and 2 typhoons in the Far East. This is the first place I've lived where I am away from the water.

My "secret weapon" hurricane escape route? Mommy lives 50 miles west of here in the Hills. I can "visit" :).

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2017, 11:04 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?60092-SALON-Getting-A-Jump-on-Trashing-President-Trump