PDA

View Full Version : Charlottesville was partly my fault

jimnyc
08-26-2017, 10:14 AM
At least according to CNN. Can't have those scumbag white supremacists without me sitting in NY and not doing anything about it. Fucking idiots.

Some will say "Well you say that every day muslims are wrong as they aren't condemning terrorists". You're damn right!! Just as I DO condemn the actions of the white supremacy nitwits. As do the way overwhelming majority of whites in America.

---

CNN: 'Ordinary People' Are 'White Supremacists by Default'

On Thursday, CNN's John Blake published a story blaming "ordinary people" for making Charlottesville possible (http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/ordinary-white-supremacists/index.html), and quoting a history professor who called such people "white supremacists by default."

"We are a country with a few million passionate white supremacists — and tens of millions of white supremacists by default," Mark Naison, a political activist and history professor at Fordham University in New York City, told CNN. "You have to have millions of people who are willing to be bystanders, who push aside evidence of racism, Islamophobia, or sexism. You can't have one without the other."

Blake, the CNN reporter, paraphrased activists like Naison saying "the tragedy that took place in Charlottesville this month could not have occurred without the tacit acceptance of millions of ordinary, law-abiding Americans who helped create such a radically explosive climate."

He argued that "it's the ordinary people — the voters who elected a reality TV star with a record of making racially insensitive comments, the people who move out of the neighborhood when people of color move in, the family members who ignore a relative's anti-Semitism — who give these type of men room to operate, they say."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/08/25/cnn-ordinary-people-are-white-supremacists-by-default/

Abbey Marie
08-26-2017, 10:18 AM
Fordham (my liberal alma mater) has officially gone off the rails. Embarrassing.

jimnyc
08-26-2017, 10:22 AM
My liberal alma mater has officially gone off the rails. Embarrassing.

I think the majority of folks who lean to the right are getting more and more frustrated and embarrassed by their former schools. I always knew colleges in America were often liberal leaning, at least many of them. But it does seem like it has gotten worse over the past 20 years or so.

Abbey Marie
08-26-2017, 10:26 AM
I think the majority of folks who lean to the right are getting more and more frustrated and embarrassed by their former schools. I always knew colleges in America were often liberal leaning, at least many of them. But it does seem like it has gotten worse over the past 20 years or so.

I hope so.

Fordham being Jesuit was always liberal, but I didn't notice when I was there- because I was liberal, too.

:coffee:

jimnyc
08-26-2017, 10:39 AM
I hope so.

Fordham being Jesuit was always liberal, but I didn't notice when I was there- because I was liberal, too.

:coffee:

Fordham. Times have changed woman!! Now it's not even safe around there anymore, at least not to my liking. I surely wouldn't want to live in that area, not even as a student. I can't speak to the political aspects of the school, but I'm sure it's more liberal since you were there!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-26-2017, 11:58 AM
This is a real WINNER for the left... I'm sure they'll KICK ASS in the mid terms running stories like this... :rofl1:

michiganFats
08-26-2017, 12:36 PM
At least according to CNN. Can't have those scumbag white supremacists without me sitting in NY and not doing anything about it. Fucking idiots.

Some will say "Well you say that every day muslims are wrong as they aren't condemning terrorists". You're damn right!! Just as I DO condemn the actions of the white supremacy nitwits. As do the way overwhelming majority of whites in America.

---

CNN: 'Ordinary People' Are 'White Supremacists by Default'

On Thursday, CNN's John Blake published a story blaming "ordinary people" for making Charlottesville possible (http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/ordinary-white-supremacists/index.html), and quoting a history professor who called such people "white supremacists by default."

"We are a country with a few million passionate white supremacists — and tens of millions of white supremacists by default," Mark Naison, a political activist and history professor at Fordham University in New York City, told CNN. "You have to have millions of people who are willing to be bystanders, who push aside evidence of racism, Islamophobia, or sexism. You can't have one without the other."

Blake, the CNN reporter, paraphrased activists like Naison saying "the tragedy that took place in Charlottesville this month could not have occurred without the tacit acceptance of millions of ordinary, law-abiding Americans who helped create such a radically explosive climate."

He argued that "it's the ordinary people — the voters who elected a reality TV star with a record of making racially insensitive comments, the people who move out of the neighborhood when people of color move in, the family members who ignore a relative's anti-Semitism — who give these type of men room to operate, they say."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/08/25/cnn-ordinary-people-are-white-supremacists-by-default/

I've read more than a few stories over the last few days using this premise, that all whites are white supremacists except for antifa whites, of course. I asked in a different thread when the marches will begin in white neighborhoods and I'm serious, that's where we're heading.

Abbey Marie
08-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Fordham. Times have changed woman!! Now it's not even safe around there anymore, at least not to my liking. I surely wouldn't want to live in that area, not even as a student. I can't speak to the political aspects of the school, but I'm sure it's more liberal since you were there!

I was hoping it had gotten safer with gentrification. It wasn't great even back then.
But the campus is really pretty.

The school was always so divided because of so many commuting students. I always lived in the dorms. I think the commuters being so Italian may have been a tad less lib than us residents. But like I said, I was a feminist lib myself, so I didn't really notice.