PDA

View Full Version : Black-clad anarchists storm Berkeley rally, assaulting 5

michiganFats
08-27-2017, 08:56 PM
BERKELEY, Calif. — Black-clad anarchists on Sunday stormed into what had been a largely peaceful Berkeley protest against hate and attacked at least five people, including the leader of a politically conservative group who canceled an event a day earlier in San Francisco amid fears of violence.The group of more than 100 hooded protesters, with shields emblazoned with the words “no hate” and waving a flag identifying themselves as anarchists, busted through police lines, avoiding security checks by officers to take away possible weapons. Then the anarchists blended with a crowd of 2,000 largely peaceful protesters who turned up to demonstrate in a “Rally Against Hate” opposed to a much smaller gathering of right-wing protesters.
Berkeley police chief Andrew Greenwood defended how police handled the protest, saying they made a strategic decision to let the anarchists enter to avoid more violence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/black-clad-anarchists-storm-berkeley-rally-assaulting-5/2017/08/27/b407272a-8b88-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.efef804126bf

The police chief should lose his job. He won't but he should. People who conceal their identity and bust through a police checkpoint are not there for peaceful purposes. Allowing them to stay endangers everyone around them and I think will eventually encourage the formation of even more violent groups intent on countering them. The press is getting this wrong too, again. These groups are not anarchists, whenever they put out statements about their beliefs it's plain to see they are Communists.

Kathianne
08-27-2017, 09:07 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/black-clad-anarchists-storm-berkeley-rally-assaulting-5/2017/08/27/b407272a-8b88-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.efef804126bf

The police chief should lose his job. He won't but he should. People who conceal their identity and bust through a police checkpoint are not there for peaceful purposes. Allowing them to stay endangers everyone around them and I think will eventually encourage the formation of even more violent groups intent on countering them. The press is getting this wrong too, again. These groups are not anarchists, whenever they put out statements about their beliefs it's plain to see they are Communists.

I agree with you that the police are failing, though I'm not certain where these orders are coming from. If it's the chief, agree. If it's the mayor or city manager, they should be voted out.

Now about that source, it's just not trusted around these parts.

michiganFats
08-27-2017, 09:15 PM
I agree with you that the police are failing, though I'm not certain where these orders are coming from. If it's the chief, agree. If it's the mayor or city manager, they should be voted out.

I agree, that policy is probably coming from higher up than the police chiefs.

Sorry, I couldn't find it on Breitbart or Youtube;)

Kathianne
08-27-2017, 09:24 PM

There's always Gateway or something! ;)

michiganFats
08-27-2017, 09:26 PM
There's always Gateway or something! ;)

Maybe from now on, in order to avoid confusing a couple of the members here, I'll limit myself to World Net Daily and Facebook memes.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 06:06 AM
Ya, keep the nasty little jabs at people coming... that's a great way to keep the peace.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Ya, keep the nasty little jabs at people coming... that's a great way to keep the peace.

Nah, it's just that some 'sources' are only acceptable to a few, if they are something they agree with. Instead of content, they attack the 'source.' Yet, are deeply offended when the same happens in reverse.

Personally, I've said many times, I don't care what the source is, it's just a quick step to looking up more information on a topic.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 06:22 AM
Nah, it's just that some 'sources' are only acceptable to a few, if they are something they agree with. Instead of content, they attack the 'source.' Yet, are deeply offended when the same happens in reverse.

Personally, I've said many times, I don't care what the source is, it's just a quick step to looking up more information on a topic.
Ya... it was a nasty little jab, citing WND and youtube.

If the source can be disputed as false, so be it. But most video isn't fake. It's of real events. This was the point made in another thread, and now it's still being ridiculed here... for fun.

michiganFats
08-28-2017, 06:27 AM

You should take your own advice. I've not even been a member of this board for a month and I've already lost count of how many times you've insulted me. I've almost always let it slide but had I responded in kind every time you'd done that this board would be nothing more than a crapfest right now. This morning for example; you've made three posts so far -- two of them were you responding to me and being a dick and I wouldn't be surprised if you've done a couple more while I was typing this and all because you're butthurt that you were challenged even once. You think it's up to me to keep the peace? I have not even come close to engaging in tit for tat with you as far as nastiness is concerned.

The only reason you even received a response from me here is because this is my thread, I will not fuck up other people's threads by engaging in this childlike bullshit with you no matter how hard you try to make that happen, I don't even want to do it in this thread but I'm sure you'll be back here, ignoring the OP just because your pussy hurts.

You got a little tiny bit of what you've dished out, just let it go.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 06:29 AM
Ya... it was a nasty little jab, citing WND and youtube.

If the source can be disputed as false, so be it. But most video isn't fake. It's of real events. This was the point made in another thread, and now it's still being ridiculed here... for fun.

It's a bigger picture, at least for myself. ;) Post anything from what is considered by a MSM source, someone will dismiss conversation or debate based upon, 'Yeah, right WaPo, NYT, LA Times, AP...' Yet, no matter how questionable the content, 'their sources' are just fine.

Back in early part of the decade, I was complaining about the MSM editorializing within news stories continually. I had a whole forum on 'biased news.' I was also linking to Soros funding a lot back then, when the groups were forming that we see today. He was funding here and in Europe, still is.

Problem is that it's now entrenched, so the extremes are becoming the norm. I trust nothing I read and very few people at face value.

michiganFats
08-28-2017, 06:36 AM
It's a bigger picture, at least for myself. ;) Post anything from what is considered by a MSM source, someone will dismiss conversation or debate based upon, 'Yeah, right WaPo, NYT, LA Times, AP...' Yet, no matter how questionable the content, 'their sources' are just fine.

Back in early part of the decade, I was complaining about the MSM editorializing within news stories continually. I had a whole forum on 'biased news.' I was also linking to Soros funding a lot back then, when the groups were forming that we see today. He was funding here and in Europe, still is.

Problem is that it's now entrenched, so the extremes are becoming the norm. I trust nothing I read and very few people at face value.

You can't trust any news or information sites. They all are very aware that they have a biased audience, skewing coverage is just survival for them. The problem is when you start believing that some do and some don't and the ones that don't just happen to be the sources you agree with.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 06:38 AM
You should take your own advice. I've not even been a member of this board for a month and I've already lost count of how many times you've insulted me. I've almost always let it slide but had I responded in kind every time you'd done that this board would be nothing more than a crapfest right now. This morning for example; you've made three posts so far -- two of them were you responding to me and being a dick and I wouldn't be surprised if you've done a couple more while I was typing this and all because you're butthurt that you were challenged even once. You think it's up to me to keep the peace? I have not even come close to engaging in tit for tat with you as far as nastiness is concerned.

The only reason you even received a response from me here is because this is my thread, I will not fuck up other people's threads by engaging in this childlike bullshit with you no matter how hard you try to make that happen, I don't even want to do it in this thread but I'm sure you'll be back here, ignoring the OP just because your pussy hurts.

You got a little tiny bit of what you've dished out, just let it go.
You play the victim very well, problem is, you're not. You're also a liar and love to exaggerate.

It appears you can dish it out but you can't take it.

I haven't replied directly to you since the other thread where you shit your pants, and now here you are again having another epic melt down, pretending you're pure as the driven snow.

If you're going to continue to throw out your snide little comments that are obviously about a past encounter, then quit your belly aching and whining when you get called out on it. This isn't a one way street just for you, skippy. Get a clue, or put me on ignore, you pathetic little two faced jackass.

michiganFats
08-28-2017, 06:40 AM
You play the victim very well, problem is, you're not. You're also a liar and love to exaggerate.

It appears you can dish it out but you can't take it.

I haven't replied directly to you since the other thread where you shit your pants, and now here you are again having another epic melt down, pretending you're pure as the driven snow.

If you're going to continue to throw out your snide little comments that are obviously about a past encounter, then quit your belly aching and whining when you get called out on it. This isn't a one way street just for you, skippy. Get a clue, or put me on ignore, pathetic little two faced jackass.

Not going to let it go, are you? You get called out once and this is what you do. I'm not putting you on ignore, I actually hope you continue this.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 06:44 AM
Not going to let it go, are you? You get called out once and this is what you do. I'm not putting you on ignore, I actually hope you continue this.
You're weird... plain and simple... you, are, weird. Haven't seen anyone on a board that twists things around quit as much as you do for a long time, but you're not the first. See what you don't know is, these people here have known me for a long, LONG time. I've been on boards for long, long time. I might recently be active here, but I'm not new to these folks, you are. Just FYI.

But you just better get used to being called out if you make snotty little remarks that are obviously made directly at a person. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. So you don't want me to call you out, keep your shitty little comments aimed at me to yourself. You want to start something again, then run your mouth like this again, simple as that.

Balls in your court, moron.

michiganFats
08-28-2017, 06:51 AM
You're weird... plain and simple... you, are, weird. Haven't seen anyone on a board that twists things around quit as much as you do for a long time, but you're not the first. See what you don't know is, these people here have known me for a long, LONG time. I might recently be active here, but I'm not new to these folks, you are. Just FYI.

But you just better get used to being called out if you make snotty little remarks that are obviously made directly at a person. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. So you don't want me to call you out, keep your shitty little comments aimed at me to yourself. You want to start something again, then run your mouth like this again, simple as that.

Balls in your court, moron.

I'm not sure people knowing you for a long time is as good a thing for you as you think it is. Look in the mirror, every accusation you've made is something you have done. And all of this from you because you got a little bit of what you've been dishing out.

You're not going to be happy until you ruin this thread, are you? Is there any point in my starting other threads or are you going to do this in those threads too?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure people knowing you for a long time is as good a thing for you as you think it is. Look in the mirror, every accusation you've made is something you have done. And all of this from you because you got a little bit of what you've been dishing out.

You're not going to be happy until you ruin this thread, are you? Is there any point in my starting other threads or are you going to do this in those threads too?
I didn't say knowing me for a long time was a "good thing," I simply stated they have. There you go putting words in people's mouth again. You do that a lot.

Every time I've had a run in with you, you started it, and then played the innocent little victim.

I'll let those who read this decide who's to blame.

michiganFats
08-28-2017, 06:58 AM
I didn't say knowing me for a long time was a "good thing," I simply stated they have. There you go putting words in people's mouth again. You do that a lot.

Every time I've had a run in with you, you started it, and then play the innocent little victim.

I'll let those who read decide who's to blame.

You didn't answer my question. I have 8 threads I'm ready to post in here throughout the day. Are you going to act like this in those threads? Is there any point in posting them or will you continue to try to make your problem everyone elses?

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Hey, both of you start over, don't make me start splitting threads or I'm going to get very grouchy!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 07:06 AM
You didn't answer my question. I have 8 threads I'm ready to post in here throughout the day. Are you going to act like this in those threads? Is there any point in posting them or will you continue to try to make your problem everyone elses?
I didn't even quote you in this thread. You quoted ME. So why did you respond to what I said? Got a guilty conscience? How did you know I wasn't responding to Kathy? You had to quote me and get your poor little victim act on. Pretty obvious what your game is, skippy. Get your little dig in at someone and then pretend it's their fault when they respond.

Well, I don't think you're fooling anyone, but you better get used it. That's what happens on these boards. You pick at someone and you're going to get called on it, get used to it.

B'bye.

michiganFats
08-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Hey, both of you start over, don't make me start splitting threads or I'm going to get very grouchy!

I asked a serious question. I really do have a lot of threads ready to go for today; if this is what's going to happen in those threads I won't even bother posting them.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 07:09 AM
I asked a serious question. I really do have a lot of threads ready to go for today; if this is what's going to happen in those threads I won't even bother posting them.
Don't be a drama queen on top of everything else.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 07:10 AM
I've never picked at him.

It wasn't my snide little comment that started this.

I'll gladly steel cage with that moron anytime he's ready.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Again, both of you. Feel free to fight in the cage, don't carry on your sizing on the rest of the board. Seriously, no one else wishes to watch.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 07:13 AM
I'm going to thread ban both, if it doesn't stop. I'm trying to deal with my car problems, not this. Thank you!

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 08:04 AM
Back on topic, seems this is a pretty decent roundup of what happened, after the fact:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/28/4017751/

jimnyc
08-28-2017, 08:16 AM

Hey now, I use Breitbart - and I dare either of you to dispute the things I post. I rarely use youtube, unless I want to find something that shows "action", but I try to avoid that, and I generally hit the same 20 reputable sites or so daily.

I DO condemn WAPO and for GOOD reason. But if a story like this, thats on many sites, I don't think it matters. And unless the story itself is up for debate, not sure why the :poke: at others before anyone even has a chance to reply.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Hey now, I use Breitbart - and I dare either of you to dispute the things I post. I rarely use youtube, unless I want to find something that shows "action", but I try to avoid that, and I generally hit the same 20 reputable sites or so daily.

I DO condemn WAPO and for GOOD reason. But if a story like this, thats on many sites, I don't think it matters. And unless the story itself is up for debate, not sure why the :poke: at others before anyone even has a chance to reply.

I don't really see you often saying, "Consider that source..." others do. At least on my part, wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just what's been happening for awhile now.

jimnyc
08-28-2017, 08:29 AM
I don't really see you often saying, "Consider that source..." others do. At least on my part, wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just what's been happening for awhile now.

Yeah, I think you know by now how I feel about sources, and so long as they are factual (and can likely be found elsewhere). WAPO is just on my "list" due to their actions in the past year. Of course the majority of their "news" is probably spot on, but I'm still boycotting them for now due to outright lies. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 08:31 AM
I rarely use youtube,
And if someone should use youtube, then by all means, anyone is completely welcome to dispute or disprove the contents of whatever is posted.

I think for the most part everyone here is looking for the same thing... "the truth."

jimnyc
08-28-2017, 08:46 AM
And if someone should use youtube, then by all means, anyone is completely welcome to dispute or disprove the contents of whatever is posted.

I think for the most part everyone here is looking for the same thing... "the truth."

That's why I generally post the "action", as that's hard to dispute and kinda like "news". But I don't like posting a guy sitting there for an hour telling a story, I won't watch that crap.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 08:48 AM
That's why I generally post the "action", as that's hard to dispute and kinda like "news". But I don't like posting a guy sitting there for an hour telling a story, I won't watch that crap.

Me neither. For one thing I can't hear most of them, then there is just the whole waste of time.

Abbey Marie
08-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Videos are just too much work, lol. I probably watch about .01 of them.

jimnyc
08-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Me neither. For one thing I can't hear most of them, then there is just the whole waste of time.

I like stories from one of my 20 - and then I can cross reference AP or Reuters and make sure it's legit.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-28-2017, 08:53 AM
Yep, me either, because when you get someone just sitting in his living room taking video with his iphone, all you're really getting is his/her opinion.

i.e. that's why I don't watch those two black gals, Diamond & Silk, even though I agree with them and think they're good people and they're very popular, I just don't need to listen to their "opinion."

That is what I've found so attractive about message boards for so long. Yes it's people giving their opinions discussing affairs, but the great thing is you get to give YOUR opinion.

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 08:54 AM
I like stories from one of my 20 - and then I can cross reference AP or Reuters and make sure it's legit.
:cool::laugh2: