PDA

View Full Version : Houston police focus on saving lives, battling looters

jimnyc
08-28-2017, 06:46 PM
I figured give this it's own thread. Home owners should be able to protect their vulnerable properties with their guns if they have them. Anyone who is trying to loot, whether homes or businesses, are complete scumbags if you ask me. :death:

I just hope it remains a small amount. With Katrina, things went wild and things were destroyed if they weren't already destroyed, and everything was taken from food to the beer.

---

Houston police focus on saving lives, battling looters

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the sun rose over Houston this morning, police went to work to rescue victims of the flash flood emergency that left thousands of people stuck inside their flooded homes.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo told GMA that officers completed more than 2,000 rescue missions this weekend after Hurricane Harvey made landfall on the central Texas coast.

Harvey, since downgraded to a tropical storm, dumped catastrophic amounts of rain on Houston beginning Saturday, leaving thousands of drivers stranded and many more homes flooded out.

"I'm happy to report we're down to about 250 folks that are still waiting for rescues or locations," Acevedo said. "We've made some great progress, and we're just really grateful that despite the power of this storm, we haven't had more loss of life."

Acevedo also said officers are focused on protecting the city from looters as floodwater recede.

"We've already arrested a handful of looters. We've made it real clear to our community we're going to do whatever it takes to protect their homes and their businesses," Acevedo said. "And when people come from the outside to Houston, Texas, know we're going to be out in the city, we're not going to rest as a police department or law enforcement community until people restore their lives."

http://abc13.com/houston-police-focus-on-saving-lives-battling-looters/2350439/

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 06:50 PM
I figured give this it's own thread. Home owners should be able to protect their vulnerable properties with their guns if they have them. Anyone who is trying to loot, whether homes or businesses, are complete scumbags if you ask me. :death:

I just hope it remains a small amount. With Katrina, things went wild and things were destroyed if they weren't already destroyed, and everything was taken from food to the beer.

---

Houston police focus on saving lives, battling looters

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the sun rose over Houston this morning, police went to work to rescue victims of the flash flood emergency that left thousands of people stuck inside their flooded homes.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo told GMA that officers completed more than 2,000 rescue missions this weekend after Hurricane Harvey made landfall on the central Texas coast.

Harvey, since downgraded to a tropical storm, dumped catastrophic amounts of rain on Houston beginning Saturday, leaving thousands of drivers stranded and many more homes flooded out.

"I'm happy to report we're down to about 250 folks that are still waiting for rescues or locations," Acevedo said. "We've made some great progress, and we're just really grateful that despite the power of this storm, we haven't had more loss of life."

Acevedo also said officers are focused on protecting the city from looters as floodwater recede.

"We've already arrested a handful of looters. We've made it real clear to our community we're going to do whatever it takes to protect their homes and their businesses," Acevedo said. "And when people come from the outside to Houston, Texas, know we're going to be out in the city, we're not going to rest as a police department or law enforcement community until people restore their lives."

http://abc13.com/houston-police-focus-on-saving-lives-battling-looters/2350439/

I don't think we'll see the police confiscating guns in TX. They take the 2nd amendment pretty literally in TX. ;)

jimnyc
08-28-2017, 06:52 PM
I don't think we'll see the police confiscating guns in TX. They take the 2nd amendment pretty literally in TX. ;)

True! But you would think the thieves would account for that when deciding to loot, not knowing if there's a gun around the next corner or not. They better choose wisely!!

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 06:55 PM
True! But you would think the thieves would account for that when deciding to loot, not knowing if there's a gun around the next corner or not. They better choose wisely!!

Hell it seems there's kids around 8, not too mention guys in their 90's that have shot dead those that break in. People are leaving and coming back pretty often to their property, I'd assume many are armed.

jimnyc
08-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Houston Looters Shoot at Cajun Navy, Try to Steal Rescue Boats

If you thought folks could not get any lower than the opportunistic vermin who were caught on video looting flooded stores in the Houston area over the weekend (https://pjmedia.com/video/watch-ordinary-americans-become-heroes-wake-harvey-devastation/), think again.

The highly acclaimed Louisiana Cajun Navy was forced to “stand down” in Houston Monday (http://wgno.com/2017/08/28/cajun-navy-coming-up-with-new-plan-after-looters-shoot-at-boats-try-to-steal-them/) after looters tried to steal their boats and took potshots at them.

The Cajun Navy made the announcement in a Facebook post Monday afternoon.

https://i.imgur.com/InaUWM7.png

“Looters decided to pose as people needing rescue and they attempted to overtake the boats and there were shots fired at the boats,” the post said. “I repeat they are all safe. Looters must have not wanted our boats in the water for rescues.”

The Facebook post was later taken down.

According to one of the Cajun Army members on Facebook, the scoundrels didn't want the boats getting near them while they were looting. Houston police started arresting looters over the weekend, but the lawlessness has evidently continued into Monday.

The Cajun Army formed last year when historic floods devastated the Baton Rouge and Acadiana areas, WGNO reported.

The group consists of brave and selfless men and women "who own boats and go out into flooded areas to help stranded people and perform other relief services" that require the use of boats.

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/08/28/houston-looters-shoot-try-steal-cajun-navy-rescue-boats/