PDA

View Full Version : Who Knows, Maybe No Korea Will Save the US

Kathianne
08-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Lots of truth in parts:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20332/houston-best-america-berkeley-worst-heres-why-ben-shapiro?utm_content=buffer6e5cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#

Houston Is The Best Of America. Berkeley Is The Worst. Here's Why.

Over the weekend, we saw the best of America: Americans helping Americans in Houston. Race, creed, color — none of it mattered. Americans were in need, and other Americans moved to help them.

Meanwhile, in Berkeley, we saw the worst of America: Americans, garbed in black, helmeted, wearing bandannas over their faces, assaulting peaceful protesters merely there to exercise their free speech rights. We saw the police stand down. We saw assaults in the streets.

So, what’s the difference between Americans in Houston and Americans in Berkeley?

The existential threat.

Human beings unify in the face of an existential threat. It’s why members of the military become brothers; it’s why the West unified in opposition to Communism; it’s why Americans unified after 9/11.

In Houston, the existential threat is nature. And Americans who wouldn’t share a meal are now sharing speedboats, attempting to help each other survive her wrath. Survival is the top priority; death is the ultimate enemy.

But remove that existential threat, and people look for a new existential threat. That’s what we’re seeing in Berkeley: Americans defining one another as an existential threat. Antifa defines the “system” as an existential threat — a wellspring of racism, bigotry, and economic injustice. And they define anyone who disagrees with them as a “fascist” worthy of violence. This is horse manure, but it’s their justification for their violence. Similarly, as Charlottesville shows, the white supremacist alt-right finds itself a different existential threat: non-white people whom they believe are inherently unable to assimilate to Western civilization. Their argument is absolute racist garbage, but because they believe it, that means that all those who don’t become their “cuck” enemies.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2017, 05:44 AM
Lots of truth in parts:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20332/houston-best-america-berkeley-worst-heres-why-ben-shapiro?utm_content=buffer6e5cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#

I agree, no side is perfect. Humans are not perfect..The question always seems to come down to the lesser of two evils.
And many think that is simply because man is inherently evil. I know I think that.
Yet to give too much leeway to the fact that the one-side is not perfect does not abrogate the reality of the other side being wrong
and a far greater threat.
That is the problem, IMHO.
To be able to correctly identify which is the greater evil and then have the guts to oppose that-- greater evil-- while not weakening the other side because it is not perfect..
I think WW2 is an excellent example of this and how it plays out.
WHICH IS WHY SCHOOLS NO LONGER TEACH MUCH ABOUT IT, IMHO.
The allies were by no means perfect nor were they saintly. Yet the Axis powers were so very massively worse.. Seeking to enslave the majority mankind into a slavery in which they would be Lords and Masters.....
This is the reason that history should be truly taught in our schools-(which it is not in my opinion).

The left- are masters at lying, at vilifying their opponents.
On our side we have too many that are willing to place too much emphasis on the right not being perfect and saintly.
Kat is correct, it is very important that we see and admit that truth of imperfection.
The question becomes do we let it weaken our resolve to defeat the greater evil. And that path of (unintentional on our part)weakening is how the greater evil plays up in numerous ways we should go.
History teaches first you must win the war-the desperate struggle- , before you can commit to a campaign that may temporary disrupt and weaken you own side.
Of all the wars I have studied,I have studied none more deeply than, Hannibal's war upon Rome-(The three Punic Wars), American Revolutionary War, our own Civil War and WW2.
Folks, we are in a serious war right now.. this engineered and media promoted /driven chaos is a part of a much bigger agenda, IMHO.
We had best commit to a side and win before we seek to purge the imperfections on our own side.
This post is to one and all. As Americans we had best start understanding that there are massive and powerful foreign entities, groups(muslim) seeking our demise and operating within this nation and within our own government.-Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-29-2017, 06:38 AM
In sum, there are no protesters in foxholes.
:salute:

CSM
08-29-2017, 06:53 AM
In sum, there are no protesters in foxholes.
:salute:

LOL...all I can say to that is I, personally, did a LOT of protesting while in a foxhole! Of course, my protests took the form of expending a large volume of ammunition in the direction of the enemy.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2017, 06:58 AM
Again, this false narrative created by the left is being used to unfairly demonize white, conservative people. They paint everyone in Charlottesville that marched as a patriot and proud southerner there simply to show support for American monuments that have stood for over a hundred years in many cases, as a WHITE SUPREMACIST RACIST and ALT-RIGHT, and it's a sickening LIE the left spews every chance they get.

Do you see then calling ANTIFA the ALT-LEFT, or FASCISTS, or GARBAGE, or anything BAD? No, they were simply described as "wearing black", and "wearing a bandanna." You see this EVERY TIME from the left. It NEVER FAILS.

Similarly, as Charlottesville shows, the white supremacist alt-right finds itself a different existential threat: non-white people whom they believe are inherently unable to assimilate to Western civilization. Their argument is absolute racist garbage, but because they believe it, that means that all those who don’t become their “cuck” enemies.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2017, 06:59 AM
LOL...all I can say to that is I, personally, did a LOT of protesting while in a foxhole! Of course, my protests took the form of expending a large volume of ammunition in the direction of the enemy.

:laugh2:

Kathianne
08-29-2017, 07:51 AM
The country finds itself with two extreme groups that have much more in common with each other than with the massive numbers who agree with little to nothing both extremes are pushing.

In the middle are those who generally want to take care of their families, get to their jobs, enjoy their days off. They aren't trying to fight to keep or tear down statues. They can get behind those that want to keep statues or other symbols that mean a great deal to some, but can also agree that those symbols should be preserved in museums or private parks so that others that find memories of less glorious reasons, in those same artifacts from having to support the same through public displays.

They can agree that folks that want to have their marches, informative discussions via public venues, want to march in protests to illustrate their complaints against societal ills, may do so in peace. The police should be protecting them, their rights, and those that care to hear their message.

There shouldn't be protection by police or any level of government of groups that inflict any sort of violence on other people or property. They should be arrested and prosecuted.

Within both extreme groups though are those that do want to create chaos and mayhem because that is how they can destroy the other extreme side. They want to shut down any voices that disagree with theirs and intimidate any that wander to hear what is going on.

They want to create a narrative that one must choose between to evils, that 'good' will then prevail-when their side wins. If they can't win, they'll destroy.

For all the talk of statues and 'history' neither extreme is loudly voicing anything useful about the history of the icons; nor any reasoning on how destruction will help make for betterment of people or towns or future. One side is 'these must stand,' the other 'these must come down.' It doesn't matter why, just worth fighting for. No compromise will be tolerated, that's not possible.

Most think the extremes are wrong-pretty much as extremists always are. This is especially true for those that are looking for drastic change, for the sake of change alone, with no plan or principles in mind other than destruction-pretty much where today's Intifa is at. Nor are those looking to restore some glorious past or what they think was such. There's plenty of examples of where that leads. Those calling for 'bringing it!' don't think, they follow. Behind both extremes there are some with a plan. One side is aligned with communism, anarchy, and some grand idea of an ideal future. The other extreme is fueled by fear and shame and a plan for a future where there will be control and free of those that say the past was not glorious, but worthy of shame. Those doing the planning are not those that are marching, fighting, and creating fear. No, the planners are those planning to pick up the pieces and control the future-when their side wins.

I do think that most of the people, those that pretty much just want to get along; take care of their families; get along with their neighbors; go to work or to their business and do a good job; help out in their communities; in other words be good citizens are getting a bit pissed off at those that say to 'choose' sides, when both sides are offering a deranged version of both past and future. Most in the middle don't want what either extreme is offering.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2017, 07:57 AM
The country finds itself with two extreme groups that have much more in common with each other than with the massive numbers who agree with little to nothing both extremes are pushing.

In the middle are those who generally want to take care of their families, get to their jobs, enjoy their days off. They aren't trying to fight to keep or tear down statues. They can get behind those that want to keep statues or other symbols that mean a great deal to some, but can also agree that those symbols should be preserved in museums or private parks so that others that find memories of less glorious reasons, in those same artifacts from having to support the same through public displays.

They can agree that folks that want to have their marches, informative discussions via public venues, want to march in protests to illustrate their complaints against societal ills, may do so in peace. The police should be protecting them, their rights, and those that care to hear their message.

There shouldn't be protection by police or any level of government of groups that inflict any sort of violence on other people or property. They should be arrested and prosecuted.

Within both extreme groups though are those that do want to create chaos and mayhem because that is how they can destroy the other extreme side. They want to shut down any voices that disagree with theirs and intimidate any that wander to hear what is going on.

They want to create a narrative that one must choose between to evils, that 'good' will then prevail-when their side wins. If they can't win, they'll destroy.

For all the talk of statues and 'history' neither extreme is loudly voicing anything useful about the history of the icons; nor any reasoning on how destruction will help make for betterment of people or towns or future. One side is 'these must stand,' the other 'these must come down.' It doesn't matter why, just worth fighting for. No compromise will be tolerated, that's not possible.

Most think the extremes are wrong-pretty much as extremists always are. This is especially true for those that are looking for drastic change, for the sake of change alone, with no plan or principles in mind other than destruction-pretty much where today's Intifa is at. Nor are those looking to restore some glorious past or what they think was such. There's plenty of examples of where that leads. Those calling for 'bringing it!' don't think, they follow. Behind both extremes there are some with a plan. One side is aligned with communism, anarchy, and some grand idea of an ideal future. The other extreme is fueled by fear and shame and a plan for a future where there will be control and free of those that say the past was not glorious, but worthy of shame. Those doing the planning are not those that are marching, fighting, and creating fear. No, the planners are those planning to pick up the pieces and control the future-when their side wins.

I do think that most of the people, those that pretty much just want to get along; take care of their families; get along with their neighbors; go to work or to their business and do a good job; help out in their communities; in other words be good citizens are getting a bit pissed off at those that say to 'choose' sides, when both sides are offering a deranged version of both past and future. Most in the middle don't want what either extreme is offering.
That wouldn't explain what just happened at Berkley.

Kathianne
08-29-2017, 08:04 AM
That wouldn't explain what just happened at Berkley.

True. Doesn't explain what's going on in TX and LA either.

Antifa is not a lovely group. They are being pulled by a chain to create chaos, Berkeley being the current example. There are examples of the press tamping down how bad they are, I agree with you on that. What we don't agree on is that all the coverage for them has been a cover, that none of their atrocities are being reported. That every incident, regardless of how violent, is the warning why folks need to choose the 'right.'

We all face choices of whom and what to respect, what principles we hold dear or we reject.

I've never been someone who went towards groups that offered hatred or chaos. Usually those are groups that tended to the 'left.' Today, there's many on the right that are offering an outlet for those that also have the desire for expressing their own hate and don't mind creating some chaos while expressing it.

I reject both.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2017, 08:48 AM
I've never been someone who went towards groups that offered hatred or chaos.
Me either. I just feel it's necessary to point out the lop sided, double standard each side gets as far as how they're reported on and condemned, and that extends to ANY conservative group, whether they're decent people or extremists, it's always BAD. The left, well, we all know they get a pass.

That's my point.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2017, 09:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXvR4ND4kY&feature=share

jimnyc
08-29-2017, 09:57 AM
^^ how the F does someone live with themselves while assaulting an elderly man in a wheelchair? That's just 100% pure scumbaggery.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2017, 10:01 AM
^^ how the F does someone live with themselves while assaulting an elderly man in a wheelchair? That's just 100% pure scumbaggery.
I know what I'd like to do to someone like that, but it's not fit to say in public.

These creatures make me ill.

CSM
08-29-2017, 10:22 AM
I know what I'd like to do to someone like that, but it's not fit to say in public.

There are times that my PTSD kicks in... an attack on a child, woman or disabled person definitely triggers my killer instinct.... just sayin

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2017, 11:57 AM

Had I been there, some maggots would have gotten their cowardly heads smashed, broken arms and knocked the hell out.
And I'd done so until they were defeated or else I was stomped unconscious or killed.
"I dont play", is a personal standard that I've never abandoned and one that I never will abandon.-Tyr