PDA

View Full Version : A proud moment

CSM
08-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Yesterday I had the very distinct honor of attending my #3 son's promotion ceremony to Sergeant Major. It was, of course, a well deserved promotion. He has deployed 4 times to the Middle East and every deployment in a combat role. As the Brigade Commander spoke of him and his family, I began to understand that my immediate family (my father, myself and my sons) have served this country with honor for nearly a century. My family has served through WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, the Gulf War to today. It is very difficult to be humble about that service!

Abbey Marie
08-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Congrats on a job well done in several ways!

:salute:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Congratulations certainly are in order... :salute:

Kathianne
08-29-2017, 07:21 AM
Thank you, CSM for your service, for your family and all the sacrifices all have made. For your son, currently protecting the country.

darin
08-29-2017, 08:44 AM
cannot imagine the warm-fuzzies CSM. God. You must feel old and accomplished and proud and young-again all at the same time.

CSM
08-29-2017, 08:48 AM
cannot imagine the warm-fuzzies CSM. God. You must feel old and accomplished and proud and young-again all at the same time.

How true. Another thing that struck me was that #2 son has 25+ years and #3 has 19+ years. Talk about feeling old! Sons #2 thru #4 have Masters degrees and #1 (I call him the prototype) has his bachelors. Smart lil buggers ....