PDA

View Full Version : CIVILIANS in America Aren't an ARMY...

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2017, 12:33 PM
... so law enforcement doesn't need military grade machines and equipment meant for WAR.

See, Kathy, I DISAGREE with Trump... this is a bad, real bad idea. Thankfully Senator Paul is dead against it...

Speaking to the Fraternal Order of Police in Tennessee on Monday morning, Attorney General Jeff Sessions formally announced that the Trump administration will restart giving surplus military weapons and equipment to state and local law enforcement (http://nypost.com/2017/08/27/trump-wants-to-lift-ban-on-giving-military-equipment-to-police/).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2017, 12:44 PM
... so law enforcement doesn't need military grade machines and equipment meant for WAR.

See, Kathy, I DISAGREE with Trump... this is a bad, real bad idea. Thankfully Senator Paul is dead against it...

Speaking to the Fraternal Order of Police in Tennessee on Monday morning, Attorney General Jeff Sessions formally announced that the Trump administration will restart giving surplus military weapons and equipment to state and local law enforcement (http://nypost.com/2017/08/27/trump-wants-to-lift-ban-on-giving-military-equipment-to-police/).

A bad move. These thugs are not out gunning local police--the problem is local police are not doing their damn jobs.
If they are not shooting now, why arm them with bigger, better weapons?
I was firmly against obama the traitor when that maggot wanted a military police force--his own , and this is no better in my opinion.
It is a mistake and one that is quite likely being made by those in government (his deceptive advisors) that want this kind of police state to emerge.
I have seen no military weapons being used by these thugs nor massive numbers used to overwhelm..
Thus, this is totally uncalled for....-Tyr

darin
08-30-2017, 08:28 AM
Bad move by Trump. Any administration -local or otherwise - needing military action against its population should have to use actual military.

If Police get an MRAP, I want one too. Fair is fair.

CSM
08-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Bad move by Trump. Any administration -local or otherwise - needing military action against its population should have to use actual military.

Actually, you CAN get an MRAP... might cost you a bit of cash though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2017, 09:01 AM

IF YOU GOT ONE , YOU HAD BEST GET A HUGE GAS STORAGE TANK
THOSE PUPPIES ARENT KNOWN FOR GREAT GAS MILEAGE............ ;)

Myself. I would settle for newest military sniper rifle,
(WITH FREE AMMO OF COURSE, AND WHY NOT-- THEY GIVE TENS OF BILLIONS TO THOSE MAKING IT A CAREER AND LIFESTYLE TO LEECH),
about a dozen grenades and our military's best new body armor...
IF MORE THAN THAT IS EVER NEEDED, ONE IS NOT LIKELY TO SURVIVE THE ATTACK ANYWAYS.. -TYR

CSM
08-30-2017, 09:13 AM

(WITH FREE AMMO OF COURSE, AND WHY NOT-- THEY GIVE TENS OF BILLIONS TO THOSE MAKING IT A CAREER AND LIFESTYLE TO LEECH),
IF MORE THAN THAT IS EVER NEEDED, ONE IS NOT LIKELY TO SURVIVE THE ATTACK ANYWAYS.. -TYR

So get yourself either a .300 Win Mag or a Remington 700. Both are "military sniper rifles". Chris Kyle used the .300 for most of his kills and spoke highly of the 700. Reloading is a viable option to keep expense down. Grenades are probably out of the question but body armor is not.

Or do you just want "free stuff"? LOL

darin
08-30-2017, 09:19 AM

I don't want anything free - I just trust me more than "The next guy" who comes to power and wants to turn our Police into a fighting force.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2017, 06:12 PM
So get yourself either a .300 Win Mag or a Remington 700. Both are "military sniper rifles". Chris Kyle used the .300 for most of his kills and spoke highly of the 700. Reloading is a viable option to keep expense down. Grenades are probably out of the question but body armor is not.

Or do you just want "free stuff"? LOL

Very few things in life are truly free. I love my trusty 308 and truly its enough for me. Bought it for myself, Christmas of 1991.
Christmas 1993, bought my beloved 303.. that and with my 45 Kimber on my side , Remington 12 gauge pump and plenty of ammo--I am good.
Free beer and food is always a treat, I rarely turn that down when its offered by friends.
but, but , I could really use those grenades in certain circumstances...- ;) :beer: :beer: --Tyr

CSM
08-31-2017, 07:13 AM
Very few things in life are truly free. I love my trusty 308 and truly its enough for me. Bought it for myself, Christmas of 1991.
Christmas 1993, bought my beloved 303.. that and with my 45 Kimber on my side , Remington 12 gauge pump and plenty of ammo--I am good.
Free beer and food is always a treat, I rarely turn that down when its offered by friends.
but, but , I could really use those grenades in certain circumstances...- ;) :beer: :beer: --Tyr

Yep. Love my .308, 12 gauge and .45 1911 Springfield. Got all I need to reload and plenty of ammo on hand. I too lack the grenades but being a creative sort of guy, I can make do.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-31-2017, 08:13 AM
Yep. Love my .308, 12 gauge and .45 1911 Springfield. Got all I need to reload and plenty of ammo on hand. I too lack the grenades but being a creative sort of guy, I can make do.
In a pinch, mortar fireworks can work as an RPG.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-31-2017, 12:29 PM

You have a great set up it seems. I traded my Springfield XD for a damn nice Sig and the guy forked over 250 dollars to boot.
I added a few bills and then bought me a damn nice Browning 12 ga..
Yet I still miss that XD AND HAVE NOT YET GOT AROUND TO REPLACING IT.
The 45 Kimber will do just fine but a man needs two 45 Auto's methinks or maybe even three!.--;)
I went on a selling spree a few years back, got loads of cash but deeply regret ever doing so now, especially the long-guns I parted with... --Tyr

michiganFats
08-31-2017, 12:56 PM

You're a moron. Civilians are meant to be an Army.

Gunny
08-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Tough topic. I disagree that "civilians aren't an army". They seem to be just fine at it when they don't like the results of the election. Or an arrest, depending on skin color. The radical groups cropping up lately have no qualms using violence and/or weapons. They look like the beginnings of the Brown Shirts, running around beating up anyone who disagrees with them.

I however don't trust cops. Haven't since I was a teenager. And yeah, most just "do their job". They're glorified tax collectors. They already bully people and threaten the Hell out of them (Tell us what we want to know or we'll arrest you for this, that and the other thing". Do what we say without question. Want to stand on your own porch and watch? Not if they order you inside. Argue with a cop? Resisting arrest. Girlfriend wants to get rid of you? He hit me. Domestic abuse. Doesn't matter if you got 20 witnesses that say you were on the Moon.

And you can claim all the Rights you want and the bottom line is, you're spending the night in jail, paying to get out, and paying to fight the charges. And I don't have to make this shit up. It's glorified on TV.

So no, I don't want these yapping chihuahuas hiding behind their badges given the ability to hide behind something else to boost their fragile egos.

michiganFats
08-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Tough topic. I disagree that "civilians aren't an army". They seem to be just fine at it when they don't like the results of the election. Or an arrest, depending on skin color. The radical groups cropping up lately have no qualms using violence and/or weapons. They look like the beginnings of the Brown Shirts, running around beating up anyone who disagrees with them.

I however don't trust cops. Haven't since I was a teenager. And yeah, most just "do their job". They're glorified tax collectors. They already bully people and threaten the Hell out of them (Tell us what we want to know or we'll arrest you for this, that and the other thing". Do what we say without question. Want to stand on your own porch and watch? Not if they order you inside. Argue with a cop? Resisting arrest. Girlfriend wants to get rid of you? He hit me. Domestic abuse. Doesn't matter if you got 20 witnesses that say you were on the Moon.

And you can claim all the Rights you want and the bottom line is, you're spending the night in jail, paying to get out, and paying to fight the charges. And I don't have to make this shit up. It's glorified on TV.

So no, I don't want these yapping chihuahuas hiding behind their badges given the ability to hide behind something else to boost their fragile egos.

I don't trust cops either. They took my stuff 4 years ago without a warrant. But, you don't have rights if you don't claim them...by force.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-31-2017, 01:14 PM

What I mean when I say civilians aren't an army is, we don't have fighter jets, we don't ships, we don't have tanks or canons or rocket launchers... you know what I mean... but scaling that down, 99.9% of the population doesn't organize like an army, they don't have body armor, or night vision googles, or armored vehicles, etc, weapons of war. I think when you can't tell our military apart from the police, we have a problem.

michiganFats
08-31-2017, 01:18 PM
What I mean when I say civilians aren't an army is, we don't have fighter jets, we don't ships, we don't have tanks or canons or rocket launchers... you know what I mean... but scaling that down, 99.9% of the population doesn't organize like an army, they don't have body armor, or night vision googles, or armored vehicles. I think when you can't our military apart from the police, we have a problem.

So what you you suggest as a solution to that problem?

revelarts
09-09-2017, 05:01 PM
So what you you suggest as a solution to that problem?

Community policing and similar.

revelarts
09-09-2017, 05:10 PM
"Peter Martino is a citizen of the State of New Hampshire. Mr. Martino is a Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve who has been mobilized three times. During his military career, he commanded an infantry platoon, company, and battalion. He was also the senior U.S. adviser to an Iraqi Army brigade. Mr. Martino has had a successful civilian career providing training, consulting, and program management services to private companies and to state and federal agency contractors. Mr. Martino presently holds a top secret security clearance."

He's speaking against the cities purchase of military vehicles.
says what the cities are doing is turning the police into military. That the EXACT same tools, Uniforms, vehicles he used in Iraq in the war are what are on the streets of America... just different color schemes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Equc9A1pqQk

revelarts
09-09-2017, 05:11 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e8/8e/83/e88e837cb87d1a58b5d5a5b6a70a61ed.jpg

aboutime
09-09-2017, 06:59 PM

Funny thing happened to me on the way to the Navy Recruiters office, back in 1964.
Before I signed up, got my parents approval, took the tests, then raised my hand to take the OATH.....Oddly enough...I WAS A CIVILIAN.

Truth is. Every member of our military, past, present, and future...WAS A CIVILIAN.

Gunny
09-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Funny thing happened to me on the way to the Navy Recruiters office, back in 1964.
Before I signed up, got my parents approval, took the tests, then raised my hand to take the OATH.....Oddly enough...I WAS A CIVILIAN.

Truth is. Every member of our military, past, present, and future...WAS A CIVILIAN.Not "every". I was issued at birth :laugh:. I was not outside the military until the day I retired. I hate being a civilian. They make no sense.