PDA

View Full Version : Harvey - saddest story ever :(

jimnyc
08-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Even if I were the emergency responder, I think this would scar me for life. It's an absolute miracle that this baby survived though. Thank God she was old enough to have the strength to hold on.

---

Harvey horror: Shivering girl, 3, clinging to drowned mom

DALLAS (AP) — Authorities found a shivering 3-year-old clinging to the body of her drowned mother in a rain-swollen canal in Southeast Texas after the woman tried to carry her child to safety from Harvey’s floods.

Beaumont police on Wednesday identified the mother as 41-year-old Colette Sulcer and said her daughter was being treated for hypothermia but doing well.

Capt. Brad Penisson of the fire-rescue department in Beaumont said the woman’s vehicle got stuck Tuesday afternoon in the flooded parking lot of an office park just off Interstate 10. Squalls from Harvey were pounding Beaumont with up to 2 inches (5 centimeters) of rain an hour at the time with 38 mph (60 kph) gusts, according to the National Weather Service.

Penisson said a witness saw the woman take her daughter and try to walk to safety when the swift current of a flooded drainage canal next to the parking lot swept them both away.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/news/harvey-horror-shivering-girl-3-clinging-to-drowned-mom/

Kathianne
08-30-2017, 04:19 PM
Even if I were the emergency responder, I think this would scar me for life. It's an absolute miracle that this baby survived though. Thank God she was old enough to have the strength to hold on.

---

Harvey horror: Shivering girl, 3, clinging to drowned mom

DALLAS (AP) — Authorities found a shivering 3-year-old clinging to the body of her drowned mother in a rain-swollen canal in Southeast Texas after the woman tried to carry her child to safety from Harvey’s floods.

Beaumont police on Wednesday identified the mother as 41-year-old Colette Sulcer and said her daughter was being treated for hypothermia but doing well.

Capt. Brad Penisson of the fire-rescue department in Beaumont said the woman’s vehicle got stuck Tuesday afternoon in the flooded parking lot of an office park just off Interstate 10. Squalls from Harvey were pounding Beaumont with up to 2 inches (5 centimeters) of rain an hour at the time with 38 mph (60 kph) gusts, according to the National Weather Service.

Penisson said a witness saw the woman take her daughter and try to walk to safety when the swift current of a flooded drainage canal next to the parking lot swept them both away.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/news/harvey-horror-shivering-girl-3-clinging-to-drowned-mom/

This story and the one with the grandparents with 4 grand/great grandchildren who also drowned in their van made me cry. The grandfather tried to break through the back window, but the car slipped totally below water.