PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock hits back at 'fake news' after he was accused of violating election law

jimnyc
09-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Here's another one that's going to be very far from being politically correct. How far exactly this will be taken is yet to be seen, but he's had many leads in various polls already. While I DO like the non-PC stuff, I don't much care for telling folks necessarily to go Eff themselves.

---

Kid Rock hits back at 'fake news' after he was accused of violating election law for failing to register his candidacy or report campaign contributions in his run for senator

Kid Rock has hit back at 'fake news' accusations that he was violating election law for not registering his candidacy or reporting campaign donations in his run for senator.

The musician, who was born Robert Ritchie and lives near Detroit, claims the press is 'misinformed' because he has not officially announced his candidacy, he said Friday.

The violation reports emerged after a watchdog group filed a complaint against him for allegedly not complying with candidate filing requirements.

Ritchie, 46, bluntly said to those who said he was in violation to 'go f**k yourselves' before wishing 'everyone else' to have a great Labor Day.

The dispute was started after Ritchie, who promised to make a 'major announcement in the near future', hinted at a run on his US Senate website and Twitter.

https://i.imgur.com/ESxNKXr.png

The group that filed the complaint with the Federal Election Commission was Common Cause, and they asked for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate the matter, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Paul S. Ryan, Common Cause's vice president for policy and litigation, said: 'Given the activities we’ve documented in the complaint, he can’t reasonably claim to be merely testing the waters of candidacy and thus exempt from candidate filing requirement.

'He is a candidate and is obligated to abide by all the rules.'

Rest here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845124/Kid-Rock-drops-new-hint-2018-political-revolution.html

Kid Rock to watchdog group: Go f- - - yourselves

Kid Rock's response to a watchdog group accusing him of violating a federal election law was classic Kid Rock — " ... go f--- yourselves."

The group Common Cause says the Detroit musician violated the law by declaring himself a candidate for a U.S. Senate seat in Michigan but not registering his candidacy or reporting campaign contributions. They filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission and also asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate whether the musician —whose real name is Robert Ritchie — has violated election law.

Ritchie dismissed the allegations, issuing the following statement, "I am starting to see reports from the misinformed press and the fake news on how I am in violation of breaking campaign law. #1: I have still not officially announced my candidacy. #2: See #1 and go f--- yourselves."

For months, it has been far from clear whether Kid Rock intends to run for the seat currently held by U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., next year: He has made only cryptic remarks about his intentions and in July said he would hold off on a decision, using funds raised through merchandise sales to fund voter registration efforts instead.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/01/kid-rock-senate-election-contributions/626690001/

Gunny
09-02-2017, 08:55 PM
"#1: I have still not officially announced my candidacy. #2: See #1 and go f--- yourselves."

I'd vote him :laugh: