PDA

View Full Version : Polls: The 'Least Liked,' Most 'Unfavorable' Lawmakers in America

jimnyc
09-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Yeps. Republicans altogether kinda suck right about now. Have the power to do almost anything, and yet don't accomplish pretty much anything. Ok, they have, as have the Dems, "congress" has. But I think much of these poll numbers are deserving. Congress and their shitty polls have been around for a few decades now!

---

Polls: The 'Least Liked,' Most 'Unfavorable' Lawmakers in America

Recent polling has revealed who the least popular, most unfavorable lawmakers are on Capitol Hill. A Harvard-Harris poll last week gave the top honor to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

McConnell received worse scores than both President Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan. Only 19 percent gave him a favorable rating, compared to 49 percent who had a negative opinion of him.

However, Ryan isn't safe from scorn. A separate poll from NBC News/Survey Monkey found that he is every bit as unpopular as his gaffe-prone Democratic counterpart Nancy Pelosi. Ryan is viewed negatively by 63 percent of respondents, compared to Pelosi's 64 percent.

Of course, it's no surprise that the Republican leaders are getting the blame for the party's failed initiatives. Seven years of campaigning on their goal of repealing and replacing Obamacare fizzled to nothing when it came time to vote, meaning President Obama's unpopular legislation is still the law. Conservatives have every right to be peeved. With health care being punted, what hope do voters have for tax reform?

McConnell has recently deferred blame for his party's failures. When President Trump publicly criticized Republicans for failing to get Obamacare repealed, McConnell responded defiantly that the president has "excessive expectations."

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/09/03/polls-the-least-liked-most-unpopular-lawmakers-in-america-n2376153

Kathianne
09-03-2017, 03:23 PM
I think it's going to be so great if all the Republicans are voted out in the mid-terms. Then President Trump can really go to town.

jimnyc
09-03-2017, 03:36 PM
I think it's going to be so great if all the Republicans are voted out in the mid-terms. Then President Trump can really go to town.

Fact is, it's congress that needs to fix itself. Trump can't 'go to town' no matter what, unless congress heals itself. If the republicans get voted out, then he has issues. If the republicans can't learn to pass a bill when they don't even need Dem support, then they have issues.

Congress in itself has had shitty polls and reviews for the latter half of my life, and I don't truly understand that. Really all they need to do is vote more or less in favor of what they promised, what their constituents want. But for whatever reason, almost without fail, politicians end up going south, voting differently, voting based on power & lose any and all respect I may have ever had from them.

Blame the Prez all you like, but congress is free to vote as they promised. And it's on some of them if they vote out of some sort of revenge and it also happens to be against what their people may want as well.

Kathianne
09-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Fact is, it's congress that needs to fix itself. Trump can't 'go to town' no matter what, unless congress heals itself. If the republicans get voted out, then he has issues. If the republicans can't learn to pass a bill when they don't even need Dem support, then they have issues.

Congress in itself has had shitty polls and reviews for the latter half of my life, and I don't truly understand that. Really all they need to do is vote more or less in favor of what they promised, what their constituents want. But for whatever reason, almost without fail, politicians end up going south, voting differently, voting based on power & lose any and all respect I may have ever had from them.

Blame the Prez all you like, but congress is free to vote as they promised. And it's on some of them if they vote out of some sort of revenge and it also happens to be against what their people may want as well.

I'm not blaming the Prez. Indeed get rid of all the incumbents. Get rid of the press. That would be draining the swamp.

Black Diamond
09-03-2017, 04:03 PM
What's special about this congress? The last several congress' have had abysmal ratings.