PDA

View Full Version : A question and an observation.....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Where has our Gabs gone? Her last post here was on,, 08-21-2017, 11:34 AM. Two weeks and no posts by her..
Now she has never given me the thought that she was a quitter. Point of fact,quite the opposite.
That tenacity, deep belief in purpose and convictions, even if one disagree with said convictions, still shows character and
cause to admire...
Sure, she rubs certain members the wrong way often and appears to delight in doing so, (oft have I done thus myself to other members)
but my query is has she left this forum for good..
If so, that is a shame (imho), AS I FOUND HER INTELLIGENT AND QUITE AN INTERESTING CHARACTER.
NOW DO NOT SHOOT ME, FOR HAVING THIS OPINION-- AS WE ALL HAVE OUR GOALS, PERSONAL CONVICTIONS AND WAY WE LOOK AT OTHERS!

I am not the ogre and hard-ass many may think me to be to those I most often oppose here..
Well, except a very select and deserving few! - ;)
Most of those have magically fled, for various reasons methinks.

Anybody have a clue what her two weeks of not posting here is about??--Tyr

jimnyc
09-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Mrs. Gabs has come and gone for spells many a time while a member here and elsewhere. I really saw no indication or know of anything to believe she bailed on us. And I agree with you, that would suck, even though she sucks. Mainly, I disagree with her stances on politics, wholeheartedly. And often, I disagree in the manner in which she delivers her opinion. But hell, I'm sure she feels similar, and likely feels similar about quite a few folks at the same time when she voices her opinion.

That's about as much as I can stand up for Gabs. Outside of that I hope she gets bit by a spider. And from a distance of course, as I don't want the little bastard coming after me when he's done!

Maybe with schools gearing up, maybe she's got the beginning of school duties of some sort?

Bleckity bleck, how awful is it that I have to show concern and a little bit of a desire to have her posting again. The next person on this board that sees me in real life? Please kill me. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Mrs. Gabs has come and gone for spells many a time while a member here and elsewhere. I really saw no indication or know of anything to believe she bailed on us. And I agree with you, that would suck, even though she sucks. Mainly, I disagree with her stances on politics, wholeheartedly. And often, I disagree in the manner in which she delivers her opinion. But hell, I'm sure she feels similar, and likely feels similar about quite a few folks at the same time when she voices her opinion.

That's about as much as I can stand up for Gabs. Outside of that I hope she gets bit by a spider. And from a distance of course, as I don't want the little bastard coming after me when he's done!

Maybe with schools gearing up, maybe she's got the beginning of school duties of some sort?

Bleckity bleck, how awful is it that I have to show concern and a little bit of a desire to have her posting again. The next person on this board that sees me in real life? Please kill me. :)

Always be true to thyself. My father and grandfather taught me that as a never give up on personal principle to live by..
I know my that stated views on Gabs, may not sit well, with several of my friends here--but to myself I must be true.
I had forgotten that she does take long leaves from time to time until you just reminded me. Thanks... Tyr

Black Diamond
09-03-2017, 01:40 PM
All snarking aside..

if she's in Houston area I hope she and hers are safe.

Gunny
09-05-2017, 12:29 PM
That's about as much as I can stand up for Gabs. Outside of that I hope she gets bit by a spider. And from a distance of course, as I don't want the little bastard coming after me when he's done!You are such a f-ing douche sometimes :laugh:

jimnyc
09-08-2017, 11:57 AM
You are such a f-ing douche sometimes :laugh:

Well, fwiw...

wait a minute, did you just call me a effing douche, you cue balled melon head? I'd make fun of your southern accent, which was like talking to someone from outer space, aka an alien... but there's a nice bunch of southerners here and I don't want to generalize and insult all of you redneck fuckers!! :laugh:

But it doesn't have to be a recluse or whatever that she gets bit by, although ya have to admit that the necrosis process is pretty cool!! Even just one that will be like a mosquito and itch for days will work for me!! :beer:

Gunny
09-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Well, fwiw...

wait a minute, did you just call me a effing douche, you cue balled melon head? I'd make fun of your southern accent, which was like talking to someone from outer space, aka an alien... but there's a nice bunch of southerners here and I don't want to generalize and insult all of you redneck fuckers!! :laugh:

But it doesn't have to be a recluse or whatever that she gets bit by, although ya have to admit that the necrosis process is pretty cool!! Even just one that will be like a mosquito and itch for days will work for me!! :beer:Hah! You CAN'T make fun of my drawl. I earned it by birthright and am quite okay with it :)

You however, are STILL a douche. She lives in So Kalifornia and is breathing AND a Dodgers fan. THAT is some cruel punishment without the spider.

jimnyc
09-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Hah! You CAN'T make fun of my drawl. I earned it by birthright and am quite okay with it :)

You however, are STILL a douche. She lives in So Kalifornia and is breathing AND a Dodgers fan. THAT is some cruel punishment without the spider.

You and Tyr sound very much alike with the southern drawl! And as much as it may sound funny to me, and be harder for me to understand - I'm confident I sound like a quick talking yankee to you guys! :laugh:

Gunny
09-08-2017, 06:11 PM
You and Tyr sound very much alike with the southern drawl! And as much as it may sound funny to me, and be harder for me to understand - I'm confident I sound like a quick talking yankee to you guys! :laugh:You sound like a dumb yankee saying Tyr and I sound alike. I'm from Texas and He's from Georgia. Two different accents. That's like saying you sound like someone from Chicago just because you're both yankees. :slap:

You're STILL a douche regardless.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-08-2017, 07:54 PM
You sound like a dumb yankee saying Tyr and I sound alike. I'm from Texas and He's from Georgia. Two different accents. That's like saying you sound like someone from Chicago just because you're both yankees. :slap:

You're STILL a douche regardless.

Gunny, I was born and raised in Arkansas, but now am in the hills of Tennessee.
CORRECT, NATIVE TEXANS HAVE A DIFFERENT SOUTHERN DRAWL.
ONLY ONE THAT STUMPS ME IS SOUTHERN CAJUN, I've been there and heard em, sounds like aliens from space ayapping.
with that french, indian, gator-swamp lingo going on..-Tyr

Kathianne
09-08-2017, 08:22 PM
The 'deep South' accent, I just can't understand. I don't know if it's my hearing or that I lose concentration waiting for the sentence to be completed? Nicest people I've ever met, but just can't make out what the heck they're saying!

Abbey Marie
09-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Wonder what you all would think of my former Bronx accent...

hjmick
09-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Give me a redheaded woman with a lovely Irish brogue...

Kathianne
09-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Wonder what you all would think of my former Bronx accent...

Opposite of the South, that's the northeast. So fast, which always makes me laugh when people say Chicago folks talk 'so fast.' Of course that's usually other mid-Westerners, like from Wisconsin, MN, and MI. ;)

My best buddy here in AZ is from Boston, mostly I can understand her, but once in awhile she slips into some sort of dialect and I'm like, 'are you from another country?'