PDA

View Full Version : People Are Seriously Mad that Taylor Swift Hasn't Condemned Trump

jimnyc
09-04-2017, 01:10 PM
And why? Does Taylor somehow condemning him, what will it change?

I've always hated celebrities/artists getting onstage and using their podium to condemn politicians, as if their artistry somehow makes them an expert in political affairs. :rolleyes:

I hate when they do so, regardless of the president or politicians in congress. Same with NFL. I don't want to be lectured when I'm somewhere looking to be entertained!!

---

People Are Seriously Mad that Taylor Swift Hasn't Condemned Trump

Unless you've been under a rock for the past week, you're likely aware that Taylor Swift emerged from her yearlong silence and released a new song and announced an album, titled "Reputation," to be released this November. While this author is personally a fan of "Look What You Made Me Do," and looks forward to buying the album come November, some people took an odd take on the album announcement: they demanded that the politically-inactive singer speak out and condemn President Donald Trump.

In a post that reads kind of hilariously following the record-breaking success of both the single and the accompanying music video, Katie Cunningham of Junkee says that for Swift to get her career back to what it was, she must "renounce Donald Trump."

So bad was the backlash to being exposed as a fraud that Swift spent the year more or less in hiding — her posts on social media were mostly limited to birthday wishes for her famous friends, she stopped attending high-profile events, she didn’t hold her annual Fourth of July party. Depending on how cooked you like your conspiracy theories, she even started leaving her New York apartment inside a box to avoid paparazzi. Her house of cards collapsed.

But Taylor Swift’s biggest problem isn’t Kim Kardashian or Kanye West. It’s not even Katy Perry. If Taylor Swift wants her career back, there’s one thing she has to do: renounce Donald Trump.

(Spoiler alert: her career appears to be fine.)

Amy Zimmerman from the Daily Beast had similar thoughts, and said that in order for people to "trust" Swift once again, she must denounce the president, even if it means "pissing off some of her fans."

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/09/04/people-are-seriously-mad-that-taylor-swift-hasnt-condemned-trump-n2376407

jimnyc
09-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Another example: John Legend. This man is an incredible artist! I was absolutely stunned the first time I saw him play the piano. And then when his voice kicked in, dang! But he's VERY vocal about politics, EVERY where he goes. IMO, that will eventually take it's toll.

I grew up HUGE HUGE HUGE fans of Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen. Now, when in my truck, all I listen to is my USB stick full of mp3's. If and when a song should come on by either of those 2, I'll click the next button and move on. I'll certainly never spend another penny on their music.

---

John Legend Puts Out Casting Call For Fat Actors To Play Trump Supporters

Musician John Legend has put out a casting call for “out of shape” white actors to play the roles of Trump supporters in an upcoming music video, alongside other white actors to play members of the alt-right.

TMZ reported today that John Legend, a liberal and often vocal defender of the Black Lives Matter movement, is creating a music video that needs several actors on a set that looks like a protest rally between Black Lives Matter supporters, and Trump supporters and the alt-right.

According to a listing on Casting Networks in L.A., the project needs eight men and women, between 30 to 65 years old to play Trump supporters. The listing calls for these actors to be “preferably out of shape” and includes a picture of real-life Trump supporters as a reference.

The casting call also includes 10 young blonde white males between the ages of 18 to 35 to play “white, male protestors” with “very short hair or short hair on sides, long on top.” In other words, they must sport the haircut popularized by David Beckham and Brad Pitt, which gained some notoriety thanks to alt-right leader Richard Spencer.

In addition to the white actors, the casting calls for eight black men and women to play Black Lives Matter protesters, who are outnumbered by their white counterparts.

Legend also seeks to cast two young women between 18-45 as a “kissing lesbian couple.” The description reads:

“Looking for 2 females who are willing to kiss on camera. Casting one Hispanic and one Caucasian. No sexuality or nudity just kissing. There will be a protest/rally in the background as you kiss. Shooting on a sound stage. We want to show that there is no segregation in love. But two human beings of any race or color.”

Other kissing couples are also being sought after to play in a scene where protests are going on in the background while they make out. “As different protests going on we will show the couple kissing in front of them to show love amongst chaos,” the description reads.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/04/john-legend-puts-out-casting-call-for-fat-actors-to-play-trump-supporters/

Gunny
09-04-2017, 09:30 PM
And why? Does Taylor somehow condemning him, what will it change?

I've always hated celebrities/artists getting onstage and using their podium to condemn politicians, as if their artistry somehow makes them an expert in political affairs. :rolleyes:

I hate when they do so, regardless of the president or politicians in congress. Same with NFL. I don't want to be lectured when I'm somewhere looking to be entertained!!

---

People Are Seriously Mad that Taylor Swift Hasn't Condemned Trump

Unless you've been under a rock for the past week, you're likely aware that Taylor Swift emerged from her yearlong silence and released a new song and announced an album, titled "Reputation," to be released this November. While this author is personally a fan of "Look What You Made Me Do," and looks forward to buying the album come November, some people took an odd take on the album announcement: they demanded that the politically-inactive singer speak out and condemn President Donald Trump.

In a post that reads kind of hilariously following the record-breaking success of both the single and the accompanying music video, Katie Cunningham of Junkee says that for Swift to get her career back to what it was, she must "renounce Donald Trump."

(Spoiler alert: her career appears to be fine.)

Amy Zimmerman from the Daily Beast had similar thoughts, and said that in order for people to "trust" Swift once again, she must denounce the president, even if it means "pissing off some of her fans."

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/09/04/people-are-seriously-mad-that-taylor-swift-hasnt-condemned-trump-n2376407Because it worked so well for the Dixie Chicks. I know ... some of you are saying who? Hottest country band one minute, not played again the next.

Country singers (if Swift is still one -- I have no idea) aren't well liked if they display lefty lack of patriotism.

Black Diamond
09-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Because it worked so well for the Dixie Chicks. I know ... some of you are saying who? Hottest country band one minute, not played again the next.

Country singers (if Swift is still one -- I have no idea) aren't well liked if they display lefty lack of patriotism.
Frogs liked the Dixie Chicks.

Gunny
09-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Frogs liked the Dixie Chicks.The two that AREN'T Natalie Main and her big mouth are from up the road. Main is one of those Austin-UT types. They were "local kids made good", constantly played and made a LOT of concert money right up until they went to England and bigmouth opened hers. They've been basically black-balled from radio around here since.

I know the mainstream music types propped them for an award the following year, but they've not been heard from or of around here since.

They had fame and fortune in their hands and just blew it all away. Good thing their political opinions made all those changes in Bush's policies :laugh:.

aboutime
09-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Anybody who cares what Hollyweird people say, think, believe, or do; probably wear a SAFETY PIN, and stay in cold places to protect their SNOWFLAKES from melting into the sewer of Liberal Stupidity.