PDA

View Full Version : Houston Proves Everything the MSM Says About Our ‘Divided’ Country Is a Lie

jimnyc
09-04-2017, 01:31 PM
I don't think the country coming together to help in huge times of need like this, necessarily means the division is a lie. It just shows that American CAN overcome all the negative when push comes to shove. And there's little doubt that the media pushes and sells the division and plays a large roll.

---

Houston Proves Everything the MSM Says About Our ‘Divided’ Country Is a Lie

Even before Hurricane Harvey waylaid southeast Texas, the idea was to write this piece, to offer some perspective on the difference between our corrupt media’s relentless portrayal of a hopelessly divided America, and a little something known as Reality.

Having spent 6 weeks (during 3 separate trips) on the road this summer, having spent time in about 10 different states, my own experience outside the media-fabricated bubble was an eye opener. Then the terrible devastation of Harvey came along and, I hope, broke the media’s wicked spell across the fruited plain.

You need not live in Manhattan or DC to bubble yourself, and by extension, be hoodwinked by a media and Left desperate to crack our union in two. The only requirement is a news addiction fed by the establishment media. If that toxin is your primary portal to the outside world, you are being misled. And I say this not from On High, but from experience.

Through this media portal, we are always portrayed as being at each other’s throats. And not just along political lines, which is not a terrible thing if you believe debate is good for democracy, but along toxified racial, gender, age, region, and lifestyle lines.

Basically, the media fabricates the following: that old white men (i.e. Trump supporters) are desperate to hold on to their privilege at the expense brown, black, gay, female, and young Americans. And for this reason, every brown, black, gay, female, and young American must vote Democrat.

Let’s begin with the fact that nearly half of those, 48%!, who voted for Trump are NOT men. Let’s end with the fact that 43% of those who voted for Trump are NOT white. This means that there are, literally, tens of millions of non-whites and women who support this president.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/09/04/houston-proves-everything-msm-says-divided-country-lie/

Gunny
09-05-2017, 11:50 AM
I don't think the country coming together to help in huge times of need like this, necessarily means the division is a lie. It just shows that American CAN overcome all the negative when push comes to shove. And there's little doubt that the media pushes and sells the division and plays a large roll.

---

Houston Proves Everything the MSM Says About Our ‘Divided’ Country Is a Lie

Even before Hurricane Harvey waylaid southeast Texas, the idea was to write this piece, to offer some perspective on the difference between our corrupt media’s relentless portrayal of a hopelessly divided America, and a little something known as Reality.

Having spent 6 weeks (during 3 separate trips) on the road this summer, having spent time in about 10 different states, my own experience outside the media-fabricated bubble was an eye opener. Then the terrible devastation of Harvey came along and, I hope, broke the media’s wicked spell across the fruited plain.

You need not live in Manhattan or DC to bubble yourself, and by extension, be hoodwinked by a media and Left desperate to crack our union in two. The only requirement is a news addiction fed by the establishment media. If that toxin is your primary portal to the outside world, you are being misled. And I say this not from On High, but from experience.

Through this media portal, we are always portrayed as being at each other’s throats. And not just along political lines, which is not a terrible thing if you believe debate is good for democracy, but along toxified racial, gender, age, region, and lifestyle lines.

Basically, the media fabricates the following: that old white men (i.e. Trump supporters) are desperate to hold on to their privilege at the expense brown, black, gay, female, and young Americans. And for this reason, every brown, black, gay, female, and young American must vote Democrat.

Let’s begin with the fact that nearly half of those, 48%!, who voted for Trump are NOT men. Let’s end with the fact that 43% of those who voted for Trump are NOT white. This means that there are, literally, tens of millions of non-whites and women who support this president.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/09/04/houston-proves-everything-msm-says-divided-country-lie/AU contraire. So long as the media continues to brainwash people to the notion there is a divide, there is going to be one. There always has been, regardless the author's opinion. That doesn't mean there's some line in the sand to anyone but political radicals. The detrimental divide being political, there are no boundaries or lines of battle. Good people can live anywhere and so do the quacks. The good people help others during disasters and the shitty ones hang out on faceplant book and tweety contributing nothing but criticism of how those that are doing something positive are going about it. The MSM has been more than happy to provide the fuel to the latter.

The reality of a divide is there. How we handle it is what matters. From my POV, dealing with the left is like dealing with Kim jong Il.