PDA

View Full Version : Name campus building after cop killer?

jimnyc
09-07-2017, 01:59 PM
I know you're thinking right now - it's got to be California and it's got to be Berkeley. And you would be correct! Too damn easy.

Seriously. These folks want to take down anything related to the confederacy, things that have stood for a century or more. They want to illegally take some down, rip off heads of Columbus and anyone else they disagreed with from our history books. And cities can't go along with these assholes fast enough, voting and tearing them down in the dark of night.

And while taking all of these things down, they believe in return it would be appropriate to name a campus building after a very well known cop killer. Why this woman ever became a cause of celebrities and black folks, is anything short of amazing and stupidity. She's still running from the law and hanging low in Cuba. That's right, a top 10 FBI fugitive - THAT's who we should have monuments for these days. And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest bit of those cuckoos get their way.

I've known this story for about my entire life, being it a NJ State Trooper being killed. First her bio, then the following article I'm posting.

---

Assata Olugbala Shakur (born JoAnne Deborah Byron; July 16, 1947, often referred to by her married surname Chesimard), is a former member of the Black Liberation Army, a black nationalist urban guerrilla group, who was convicted in 1977 of the first-degree murder, under New Jersey's "aiding and abetting" statute, of State Trooper Werner Foerster during a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike in 1973. She escaped from prison in 1979 and fled to Cuba, where she was granted political asylum.

After graduation, she briefly joined the Black Panther Party and, rejecting her 'slave name', adopted the name Assata Shakur. She then joined the Black Liberation Army, an offshoot of the Black Panthers which led an armed struggle against the U.S. government through tactics such as holding up banks and killing police officers and drug dealers. Between 1971 and 1973, she was charged with several crimes and was the subject of a multi-state manhunt. In May 1973, Shakur was arrested after being wounded in a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike. Also involved in the shootout were New Jersey State Troopers Werner Foerster and James Harper and BLA members Sundiata Acoli and Zayd Malik Shakur. Harper was wounded; Zayd was killed; Foerster was killed by Acoli. Between 1973 and 1977, she was charged with murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, bank robbery, and kidnapping in relation to six other incidents. She was acquitted on three of the charges and three were dismissed. In 1977, she was convicted of the murder of Foerster and of seven other felonies related to the shootout, in a trial her supporters argue was unfair.

On November 2, 1979, a group of BLA members broke her out of prison. After living as a fugitive, she emerged in Cuba in 1984, where she received political asylum. She has lived in Cuba ever since, despite U.S. government efforts to have her returned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assata_Shakur

---

Berkeley Students Want To Name Campus Building After Cop Killer

https://i.imgur.com/8ejb9SQ.jpg

Ever since Charlottesville, the tyrannical left has been on the rampage, trying to purge anyone and everyone who had an improper thought. Well, except for Margaret Sanger, apparently. I guess she's cool.

That's the mentality at work at the University of California-Berkeley, where students have been battling with administrators to purge the name of a past university president from one campus building. From The College Fix:

Barrows Hall is named after the university’s president from 1919 to 1923, David Barrows, an anthropologist who served as superintendent of schools in Manila when the Philippines became a U.S. colony, according to the University of California Academic Senate’s biography in memoriam.

The Daily said his academic work was informed by “white supremacist ideology.” In 2015 the Black Student Union demanded the name’s removal among other high-priced demands, calling Barrows an “imperialist by way of anthropology [who] participated in perpetuating American colonialism.”

In all fairness, I suspect most academics in the United States during the first quarter of the 20th Century were informed by so-called white supremacist ideology.

However, the brave warriors at Berkeley have another name in mind to grace Barrows Hall. Who is this outstanding individual more worthy of recognition?

A cop killer:

The BSU insisted that Barrows Hall be renamed after Black Panther Assata Shakur, a convicted cop killer who escaped from prison in 1979 and fled to Cuba. Shakur is on the FBI’s list of most wanted terrorists.

You just can't make this crap up, folks. You just can't.

A man who served as a military officer, an anthropologist, an explorer, and a university president is someone of such poor moral standing that he must be erased from history, whereas a convicted and escaped cop killer is an ethical choice.

Of course, if it brings Shakur back to American soil for the renaming ceremony, then I'm all for it. As long as police arrest her the moment her feet touch American dirt.

This is why it's impossible to take college snowflakes seriously. Rather than just accept that Barrows held views that weren't uncommon at the time and move on, they want to purge him from history and replace him with a convicted murderer.

Maybe next week we can replace a statue of George Washington with Pol Pot. Sound good?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/09/07/berkeley-students-want-name-campus-building-cop-killer/

Gunny
09-07-2017, 02:21 PM
I know you're thinking right now - it's got to be California and it's got to be Berkeley. And you would be correct! Too damn easy.

Seriously. These folks want to take down anything related to the confederacy, things that have stood for a century or more. They want to illegally take some down, rip off heads of Columbus and anyone else they disagreed with from our history books. And cities can't go along with these assholes fast enough, voting and tearing them down in the dark of night.

And while taking all of these things down, they believe in return it would be appropriate to name a campus building after a very well known cop killer. Why this woman ever became a cause of celebrities and black folks, is anything short of amazing and stupidity. She's still running from the law and hanging low in Cuba. That's right, a top 10 FBI fugitive - THAT's who we should have monuments for these days. And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest bit of those cuckoos get their way.

I've known this story for about my entire life, being it a NJ State Trooper being killed. First her bio, then the following article I'm posting.

---

Assata Olugbala Shakur (born JoAnne Deborah Byron; July 16, 1947, often referred to by her married surname Chesimard), is a former member of the Black Liberation Army, a black nationalist urban guerrilla group, who was convicted in 1977 of the first-degree murder, under New Jersey's "aiding and abetting" statute, of State Trooper Werner Foerster during a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike in 1973. She escaped from prison in 1979 and fled to Cuba, where she was granted political asylum.

After graduation, she briefly joined the Black Panther Party and, rejecting her 'slave name', adopted the name Assata Shakur. She then joined the Black Liberation Army, an offshoot of the Black Panthers which led an armed struggle against the U.S. government through tactics such as holding up banks and killing police officers and drug dealers. Between 1971 and 1973, she was charged with several crimes and was the subject of a multi-state manhunt. In May 1973, Shakur was arrested after being wounded in a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike. Also involved in the shootout were New Jersey State Troopers Werner Foerster and James Harper and BLA members Sundiata Acoli and Zayd Malik Shakur. Harper was wounded; Zayd was killed; Foerster was killed by Acoli. Between 1973 and 1977, she was charged with murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, bank robbery, and kidnapping in relation to six other incidents. She was acquitted on three of the charges and three were dismissed. In 1977, she was convicted of the murder of Foerster and of seven other felonies related to the shootout, in a trial her supporters argue was unfair.

On November 2, 1979, a group of BLA members broke her out of prison. After living as a fugitive, she emerged in Cuba in 1984, where she received political asylum. She has lived in Cuba ever since, despite U.S. government efforts to have her returned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assata_Shakur

---

Berkeley Students Want To Name Campus Building After Cop Killer

https://i.imgur.com/8ejb9SQ.jpg

Ever since Charlottesville, the tyrannical left has been on the rampage, trying to purge anyone and everyone who had an improper thought. Well, except for Margaret Sanger, apparently. I guess she's cool.

That's the mentality at work at the University of California-Berkeley, where students have been battling with administrators to purge the name of a past university president from one campus building. From The College Fix:

In all fairness, I suspect most academics in the United States during the first quarter of the 20th Century were informed by so-called white supremacist ideology.

However, the brave warriors at Berkeley have another name in mind to grace Barrows Hall. Who is this outstanding individual more worthy of recognition?

A cop killer:

You just can't make this crap up, folks. You just can't.

A man who served as a military officer, an anthropologist, an explorer, and a university president is someone of such poor moral standing that he must be erased from history, whereas a convicted and escaped cop killer is an ethical choice.

Of course, if it brings Shakur back to American soil for the renaming ceremony, then I'm all for it. As long as police arrest her the moment her feet touch American dirt.

This is why it's impossible to take college snowflakes seriously. Rather than just accept that Barrows held views that weren't uncommon at the time and move on, they want to purge him from history and replace him with a convicted murderer.

Maybe next week we can replace a statue of George Washington with Pol Pot. Sound good?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/09/07/berkeley-students-want-name-campus-building-cop-killer/This crap will continue until "someone" puts their foot down and say "no", and means it.

AS far as I'm concerned, Berkeley should be torn down as it is a monument to anti-Americanism.