PDA

View Full Version : Civil Rights Groups Want Kid Rock Shows Canceled Over Race

jimnyc
09-07-2017, 02:34 PM
And how much will his history of displaying the flag at any of his shows - how much could/should that harm any of his potential senate bids? The man is not a racist at all from what I know, but it's not like I hang with the guy. I suppose it's for the folks voting to decide.

But once again, as they've done with many other speaking engagements, freedom of speech is trying to be limited. Now it's a potential senate candidate. And if/when he does declare, will official events then be canceled as well? And hell, in this instance they want to hold him accountable because fans of his had the flag at his shows.

He's already spoken out loud and clearly against any hate groups, and more specifically the KKK and any other white hate groups. But then there are folks like in this article that will already proclaim he's doing this or that with white supremacy groups. :rolleyes:

---

Civil Rights Groups Want Kid Rock Shows Canceled Over Race

Kid Rock has been selected as the first performer to open the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit next week with a string of concerts, but local civil rights groups are trying to put a stop to it over race.

Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, is a Michigan native and an active philanthropist in the predominately black Detroit area. Despite that, several local civil rights groups are protesting the choice of selecting Kid Rock to open up the brand new Detroit arena because he has a predominately white fan base and has displayed the Confederate flag at his shows.

Peter Hammer of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights at Detroit’s Wayne State University called the move to select Kid Rock to open the arena as “incredibly tone deaf,” the Associated Press reports.

“Everything is different post-Charlottesville,” Hammer said, referencing the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia last month.

“These are moments where you have to act as a matter of character and state what your values are,” Hammer added. “Everything now is becoming symbolic. That means we have to choose our symbols carefully.”

Rev. Charles Williams II, president of the National Action Network’s Detroit chapter, took it a step further, attacking the singer and his fan base.

“This is the straw that broke the camel’s back,” Rev. Williams said. “When you hire Kid Rock, who is known to be dog-whistling and cat-calling to white supremacist organizations and the white supremacist community, alt-right, whatever you want to call them, and you take our tax dollars to do that? That’s wrong.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/07/civil-rights-groups-want-kid-rock-shows-canceled-over-race/

Gunny
09-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Ehen is enough enough? Blacks make up 13.3% of the US population. Someone needs remind them of that. You'd think percentages were reversed the way they're acting.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2017, 07:49 PM
something about this picture of Kid Rock and his son makes me suspect the man's not a racist......
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2d/cc/3e/2dcc3e7442db7f38f4791cdfc1fe8a62.jpg

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Kid Rock's son, daughter in law and grandchild.....
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/94/76/7a94768b82086fc7670d7d7856567f7c.jpg

Black Diamond
09-07-2017, 07:53 PM
How about we cancel all the rap concerts and then talk about Kid?

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2017, 08:00 PM
who would YOU vote for?....
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/03/09/us/FARM/FARM-master1050.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bf/93/cd/bf93cd66bf9970ee906aaf8351374f67.jpg

Black Diamond
09-07-2017, 08:04 PM
I hope he crushes stabenow.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2017, 08:04 PM
though they do share a common failing.....
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/15c3edb02f75c6a2bf033b9808e50bc2a49b35e5/c=0-63-3000-2319&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/MIGroup/None/2014/10/30/635502784608547003-LSJBrd-04-13-2014-Special-1-K005-2014-04-09-IMG-frib2-MG-7740-43.jpg-1-1-BM6TS4BK-L391317739-IMG-frib2-MG-7740-43.jpg-1-1-BM6TS4BK.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/42/d0/11/42d0119e9c1dd20586bb29bf59c1e902.jpg

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2017, 08:06 PM
I will be campaigning for him in West Michigan.....

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Kid Rock accepts NAACP award in Detroit.....
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42852382/ns/us_news-life/t/kid-rock-accepts-naacp-award-detroit/#.WbHtgciGNnI

gabosaurus
09-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Kid Rock is guilty of a great many affronts, but racism isn't one of them.
Kid Rock is also accused of being sexist. Yet one of his guitarists is female. And she kicks butt.

Gunny
09-08-2017, 11:59 AM
I hope he crushes stabenow.I'd vote for him. Think about it. What can they attack him on?

"You have long hair and smoked pot". Yep pretty much :).

jimnyc
09-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Kid Rock is guilty of a great many affronts, but racism isn't one of them.
Kid Rock is also accused of being sexist. Yet one of his guitarists is female. And she kicks butt.

Honest and serious question..

I never listened to but maybe a few songs of his, he's got a decent sound in some songs. Never once bought or downloaded anything of his and don't know much about him, other than he is a little 'forward' in his NON-pc speaking.

Can you be more specific about his "great many affronts"?

I recall some fighting issues, I think it was him anyway? He's apparently an activist, and has played for various troops. Married to Pamela Anderson? Yeck, for the most part. A sex tape.

His legal issues:

Legal troubles[edit]
In both March 1991 and September 1997, Rock faced misdemeanor charges stemming from alcohol-related arrests in Michigan.[40]

In February 2005, Rock was charged with assault on DJ Jay Campos in 'Christies Cabaret' strip club. He pleaded no contest and was sued for $575,000 by Campos.[41] Rock was charged with assault on Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee at MTV's 2007 Video Music Awards, he pleaded guilty.[42] In October 2007, Rock was involved in a brawl at a Waffle House in Atlanta, Georgia, and charged with simple battery.[43][44] He pleaded nolo contendere ("no contest") to one count, was fined $1,000, required to perform 80 hours of community service and complete a six-hour course on anger management.[45]

In January 2015, Rock was criticized by fans and animal rights activists for killing a cougar while on a hunting trip. Fellow rocker Ted Nugent defended this incident, calling this action "necessary", "legal" and "beneficial".[46]

I'm only writing what I know, which is only from Wiki! :coffee:

Not a saint, definitely a sinner, but I don't see anything disqualifying - yet.

Gunny
09-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Honest and serious question..

I never listened to but maybe a few songs of his, he's got a decent sound in some songs. Never once bought or downloaded anything of his and don't know much about him, other than he is a little 'forward' in his NON-pc speaking.

Can you be more specific about his "great many affronts"?

I recall some fighting issues, I think it was him anyway? He's apparently an activist, and has played for various troops. Married to Pamela Anderson? Yeck, for the most part. A sex tape.

His legal issues:

Legal troubles[edit]
In both March 1991 and September 1997, Rock faced misdemeanor charges stemming from alcohol-related arrests in Michigan.[40]

I'm only writing what I know, which is only from Wiki! :coffee:

Not a saint, definitely a sinner, but I don't see anything disqualifying - yet.He's not the Democrat .....

jimnyc
09-08-2017, 12:29 PM
He's not the Democrat .....

Oh, I forgot about that one, I guess that can be a little important!

I like his little website too, and his honesty thus far. :)

When my name was thrown out there for US Senate I decided to launch kidrockforsenate.com. I was beyond overwhelmed with the response I received from community leaders, D.C. pundits, and blue-collar folks that are just simply tired of the extreme left and right bullshit. As part of the excitement surrounding this possible campaign, I decided to take a hard look to see if there was real support for me as a candidate and my message or if it was just because it was a fresh new news story. The one thing I've seen over and over is that although people are unhappy with the government, too few are even registered to vote or do anything about it. We have over a year left until an actual election, so my first order of business is to get people engaged and registered to vote while continuing to put out my ideas on ways to help working class people in Michigan and America all while still calling out these jackass lawyers who call themselves politicians.

During this time while exploring my candidacy for US Senate, I am creating a 501(c)(4) - a non-profit organization for the promotion of voter registration. Not only can I raise money for this critical cause, but I can help get people registered to vote at my shows. Since the announcement, the media has speculated this was a ploy to sell shirts or promote something. I can tell you, I have no problem selling Kid Rock shirts and yes, I absolutely will use this media circus to sell/promote whatever I damn well please (many other politicians are doing the same thing, they just feed you a bunch of bullshit about it). But either way, money raised at this time through the sale of merchandise associated with this very possible campaign will go towards our 'register to vote' efforts.

One thing is for sure though…The democrats are 'shattin’ in their pantaloons' right now…and rightfully so!

We will be scheduling a press conference in the next 6 weeks or so to address this issue amongst others, and if I decide to throw my hat in the ring for US Senate, believe me… it’s game on mthrfkers.

-- Kid Rock

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/

Gunny
09-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Oh, I forgot about that one, I guess that can be a little important!

I like his little website too, and his honesty thus far. :)

When my name was thrown out there for US Senate I decided to launch kidrockforsenate.com. I was beyond overwhelmed with the response I received from community leaders, D.C. pundits, and blue-collar folks that are just simply tired of the extreme left and right bullshit. As part of the excitement surrounding this possible campaign, I decided to take a hard look to see if there was real support for me as a candidate and my message or if it was just because it was a fresh new news story. The one thing I've seen over and over is that although people are unhappy with the government, too few are even registered to vote or do anything about it. We have over a year left until an actual election, so my first order of business is to get people engaged and registered to vote while continuing to put out my ideas on ways to help working class people in Michigan and America all while still calling out these jackass lawyers who call themselves politicians.

During this time while exploring my candidacy for US Senate, I am creating a 501(c)(4) - a non-profit organization for the promotion of voter registration. Not only can I raise money for this critical cause, but I can help get people registered to vote at my shows. Since the announcement, the media has speculated this was a ploy to sell shirts or promote something. I can tell you, I have no problem selling Kid Rock shirts and yes, I absolutely will use this media circus to sell/promote whatever I damn well please (many other politicians are doing the same thing, they just feed you a bunch of bullshit about it). But either way, money raised at this time through the sale of merchandise associated with this very possible campaign will go towards our 'register to vote' efforts.

One thing is for sure though…The democrats are 'shattin’ in their pantaloons' right now…and rightfully so!

We will be scheduling a press conference in the next 6 weeks or so to address this issue amongst others, and if I decide to throw my hat in the ring for US Senate, believe me… it’s game on mthrfkers.

-- Kid Rock

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/What I like about him is he refused to let the corporate types jack up the price of his tickets so your average guy couldn't afford a pair. You can see him for $15 or he won't play. He seems to be very in touch with the working class. I can see that being from Detroit.

Now, before the usual suspects come in here hammering away, I do not reside in, nor am I registered to vote in MI, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.