PDA

View Full Version : Kelly replies to Gutierrez, who called him a "disgrace to the uniform"

jimnyc
09-11-2017, 04:30 PM
I wasn't aware that this guy had even made such comments about Gen. Kelly. I suppose people can easily and lightly toss around such comments, but I'll reserve things like that to others in uniform, not some schmuck politician who's not getting his way.

I'm also posting an earlier article underneath to kinda understand how we got to this reply.

I thought Kelly gave a direct and yet respectful reply.

---

Gen. John Kelly Fires Back at Democrat Who Called Him ‘Disgrace to the Uniform’

In an email to Fox News, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly responded to Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), who called the General a “disgrace to the uniform.”

Fox News reports: (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/11/john-kelly-fires-back-at-democrat-who-called-him-disgrace-to-uniform.html)

In an email to Fox News late Sunday, Kelly responded by saying Congress did “nothing” to help so-called Dreamers when they had the chance.

“As far as the congressman and other irresponsible members of congress are concerned, they have the luxury of saying what they want as they do nothing and have almost no responsibility,” Kelly said. “They can call people liars but it would be inappropriate for me to say the same thing back at them. As my blessed mother used to say ‘empty barrels make the most noise.’”

He concluded, “The congressman has a right to his opinion.”

Gutierrez was arrested last month, along with 30 other protesters, outside of the White House during a DACA rally.

The Daily Caller reports: (http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/dem-lawmaker-arrested-protesting-outside-white-house/?utm_source=site-share)

Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez of Illinois was arrested along with roughly 30 fellow protesters outside the White House during a gathering commemorating the fifth anniversary of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

The protesters were arrested for sitting on the sidewalk outside the White House after attending a rally in Lafayette Square across the street, according to The Hill. Gutierrez, a well-known immigration advocate, defended the protest shortly before his arrest.

“The same values that I inculcated in my daughters, that my wife and I raised them, [Dreamers] are an example and exemplify them. Their dreams are just like my kids’ dreams,” Gutiérrez told The Hill shortly before his arrest.

Rest http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/gen-john-kelly-fires-back-democrat-called-disgrace-uniform/

Rep. Luis Gutierrez calls John Kelly 'a disgrace to the uniform'

Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., accused White House chief of staff John Kelly of lying about his desire to protect children brought into the country illegally from deportation.

"General Kelly is a hypocrite who is a disgrace to the uniform he used to wear," Gutierrez said Tuesday.

Gutierrez based that denunciation on Kelly's past support for DACA, a program that former President Barack Obama established to confer the benefits of legal migration on people who were brought to the country as children. President Trump announced Tuesday that he would phase out the program, which most Republicans regard as an unconstitutional, but he urged lawmakers to provide a legislative fix.

"I have a great heart for these folks we're talking about, a great love for them, and people think in terms of children but they're really young adults," Trump said Tuesday. "I have a love for these people and hopefully now Congress will be able to help them and do it properly."

That's consistent with the views that Kelly outlined during a private meeting with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus in July. He endorsed the goals program, but echoed the idea that Obama's procedure for establishing it was unconstitutional. "He's personally for it," Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, said after the meeting, per the Los Angeles Times. "He thinks it will not hold up [in court], according to the attorneys he's spoken with."

Rest - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rep-luis-gutierrez-calls-john-kelly-a-disgrace-to-the-uniform/article/2633474

Gunny
09-12-2017, 12:06 PM
What exactly does Kelly's service while in uniform have to do with his political opinion in a civilian job? The General's comments were spot on about empty barrels.

I also think it's beyond ridiculous the left thinks it dictates who. how and what had honorable service, and who did not. Is there even ONE lefty out there that REALLY thinks anyone serving or that has served gives a rat's ass about the opinions of hypocrites and liars on the left? We used to laugh our asses off at Clinton and Co and their dumb shit and we WERE laughing AT them. Even when it sucked for us.

aboutime
09-12-2017, 03:24 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Guti%C3%A9rrez

Luis Vicente Gutiérrez (born December 10, 1953) is an American politician and the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 4th congressional district, serving since 1993. From 1986 until his election to Congress, he served as a member of the Chicago City Council representing the 26th ward. He is a member of the Democratic Party and the Congressional Progressive Caucus. [1] In the 113th Congress, with his 20 years of service, Gutiérrez became, along with Bobby Rush, the longest serving member of the Illinois House delegation, and so is occasionally referred to as the unofficial "dean" of the delegation.[2][3]

Of Puerto Rican descent, he is a supporter of Puerto Rican independence, and the Vieques movement.[4] Gutiérrez is also an outspoken advocate of workers' rights, LGBT rights, gender equality, and other liberal and progressive causes.[5][6] Gutiérrez has been compared to the Civil Rights Movement leader Martin Luther King Jr., due to both figures' use of non-violent civil disobedience in their advocacy for the equal rights of their communities.[7] In 2010, Frank Sharry of America's Voice, an immigration reform advocacy group, said of Gutiérrez: "He's as close as the Latino community has to a Martin Luther King figure."[8] His supporters have given him the nickname El Gallito – the little fighting rooster – in reference to his fiery oratory and political prowess. And his rather small stature[9] Gen. Kelly hit back: “As far as the congressman and other irresponsible members of congress are concerned, they have the luxury of saying what they want, as they do nothing and have almost no responsibility. They can call people liars but it would be inappropriate for me to say the same thing back at them. As my blessed mother used to say, ‘empty barrels make the most noise.'"

Gunny
09-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Figures. A loser from Chicago who didn't serve .... oh wait ...

aboutime
09-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Figures. A loser from Chicago who didn't serve .... oh wait ...

Gunny. He probably has the Obama military background from ACORN, and New Black Panther training; which he's upset about because he couldn't earn his stripes from the LGBTQ club enough to be their Flag Bearer during GAY-RICAN PRIDE DAY in Chicago.

Gunny
09-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Gunny. He probably has the Obama military background from ACORN, and New Black Panther training; which he's upset about because he couldn't earn his stripes from the LGBTQ club enough to be their Flag Bearer during GAY-RICAN PRIDE DAY in Chicago.He can always try the transgender thing IF he could find some balls to lop off. Then he could be the first openly gender-confused representative to Congress.

Cuz we need one.

aboutime
09-13-2017, 03:30 PM
He can always try the transgender thing IF he could find some balls to lop off. Then he could be the first openly gender-confused representative to Congress.

Cuz we need one.

Gunny. Not tryin' to be a wise-ass with you, but....Congress Already has a Lot of Confused people who call themselves Reps, and Senators.

Look at how many of them Demonstrate with the GAY PRIDE GANG every year.:dance: