PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid Nighttrain may have been eaten!

jimnyc
09-12-2017, 09:14 AM
We texted a little yesterday and he sent me this, but then I haven't spoken since. Then again, maybe the bison near him was actually the dinner? :)

https://i.imgur.com/yxPrEDy.jpg

Kathianne
09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
It'd be a bear! Bison are vegetarians, I think. :laugh:

Gunny
09-12-2017, 11:56 AM
He's still recovering from your invasion. Probably moving so you can't find him again.

NightTrain
09-12-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm back home finally.... that was a long trip. Lost about 15# camping out on those mountains.

Those Bison looked mighty tasty yesterday!

jimnyc
09-12-2017, 01:02 PM
He's still recovering from your invasion. Probably moving so you can't find him again.

Too funny. I've already thought about just kinda showing up and letting myself into the Talkeetna river and making myself comfy in his cabin. He wouldn't even know it unless he too showed up! I would just need a jet boat ferry ride. :)

I'm back home finally.... that was a long trip. Lost about 15# camping out on those mountains.

Those Bison looked mighty tasty yesterday!

Glad to see you survived the bison and the bears! So where ya off to next and how long before you bail on us again? :( :)

Bilgerat
09-12-2017, 01:15 PM
It'd be a bear! Bison are vegetarians, I think. :laugh:

Chainsaws are supposed to be vegetarian too, but my step son found out they can also be carnivorous.

The engine suffered a catastrophic failure and lost cohesion. The chain left the bar and sought out "something" to nibble on.

He's fine, a few stitches and a new scar with a story to tell :laugh:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10851&stc=1

jimnyc
09-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Chainsaw are scary! Read about quite a few accidental deaths with them.

NightTrain
09-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Too funny. I've already thought about just kinda showing up and letting myself into the Talkeetna river and making myself comfy in his cabin. He wouldn't even know it unless he too showed up! I would just need a jet boat ferry ride. :)

Glad to see you survived the bison and the bears! So where ya off to next and how long before you bail on us again? :( :)

Flying Sunday up to the north coast of AK for at least 2 months installing fiber to homes... not looking forward to this one.

NightTrain
09-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Chainsaws are supposed to be vegetarian too, but my step son found out they can also be carnivorous.

The engine suffered a catastrophic failure and lost cohesion. The chain left the bar and sought out "something" to nibble on.

He's fine, a few stitches and a new scar with a story to tell :laugh:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10851&stc=1

Holy crap! I've had chains come off before, but they always went forward, away from me. Glad your son is okay!

jimnyc
09-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Flying Sunday up to the north coast of AK for at least 2 months installing fiber to homes... not looking forward to this one.

Anywhere you can do some fishing in the AM/PM when not working? :) :)

I'd like to come along just to screw around with the wildlife, fishing, 4wheelers and other fun things!! :thumb: :beer:

NightTrain
09-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Anywhere you can do some fishing in the AM/PM when not working? :) :)

I'd like to come along just to screw around with the wildlife, fishing, 4wheelers and other fun things!! :thumb: :beer:

Going to be in Point Hope, Wainwright and possibly Barrow... which would extend everything out another month at least. Probably gone til Christmas or even longer, hard to say yet. I'll have a brand new apprentice with me who I'll have to train from scratch, so that'll slow things down til I get him up to speed.

You can look up those communities... there's really not much to do there. The north coast of AK is a barren wasteland as far as I'm concerned and it's going to be a cold mofo directly.