PDA

View Full Version : It's Sheehan VS Pelois

red states rule
08-10-2007, 06:02 AM
This will be a good one folks. Two nutty libs tearing into each other

Anti-War Activist Cindy Sheehan Announces Candidacy Against Rep. Nancy Pelosi
Thursday, August 09, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO — A tearful Cindy Sheehan cited her son, killed in Iraq, as her inspiration as she announced her candidacy Thursday for the U.S. House against Rep. Nancy Pelosi.

Sheehan last month said she intended to run against Pelosi, the House speaker, if the San Francisco congresswoman didn't move to impeach President Bush by July 23.

Sheehan said Thursday that Pelosi had "protected the status quo" of the corporate elite and had lost touch with people in her district, most of whom want American troops out of Iraq.

Calls to Pelosi's office seeking comment were not immediately returned.

After her 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in Iraq in 2004, Sheehan gained international attention by setting up camp outside the president's Texas ranch and demanding to meet with him.

On Thursday, a tearful Sheehan said her son inspired her to run against Pelosi, who has represented San Francisco in Congress since 1987.

"The country is ripe for a change," said Sheehan, who spoke at a podium with her son's photograph attached to it. "It's going to start right here and right now."

Sheehan said she would run as an independent on a platform of universal health care, making college affordable and improving ethics in the legislative and executive branches. She did not offer specifics.

The money being spent on the Iraq war should be used to help the country's shrinking middle class, she said.

Sheehan said she had no funds for a campaign but planned to immediately start raising money. She said she wouldn't accept money from corporations.

Daniel Ellsberg, the former high-level Pentagon analyst who in 1969 leaked the Pentagon Papers to Congress and the media and a Sheehan supporter, said Sheehan has a difficult task.

"At the moment, facing a well-funded, powerful incumbent without party support, the odds against Cindy appear insuperable," said Ellsberg, who was arrested twice with other protesters outside Bush's Texas ranch.

"But we plan to change that."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292801,00.html

Black Lance
08-10-2007, 06:40 PM
"The country is ripe for a change," said Sheehan, who spoke at a podium with her son's photograph attached to it. "It's going to start right here and right now."

I can understand her being upset over her sons death, but turning her child into a political talking point, to the extreme of actually placing his photograph on the podium during campaign speeches, is tasteless and wrong.

hjmick
08-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I dislike Pelosi just enough to abandon the Republican candidate, who never wins anyway, and vote for Sheehan. No, I don't like Sheehan either, but it would be fun to see Pelosi walk.

red states rule
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I can understand her being upset over her sons death, but turning her child into a political talking point, to the extreme of actually placing his photograph on the podium during campaign speeches, is tasteless and wrong.

Libs are using her as a human shield. If you dare disagree with her - you are a heartless monster who has no compassion for a grieving mother

It will be interesting to see how the liberal media treats her - now that she has turned on San Fran Nan

red states rule
08-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I dislike Pelosi just enough to abandon the Republican candidate, who never wins anyway, and vote for Sheehan. No, I don't like Sheehan either, but it would be fun to see Pelosi walk.

But then we would have to endure six years of Sen Sheehan?

hjmick
08-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Yeah, but I guarantee she would far less effective than Pelosi is.

red states rule
08-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, but I guarantee she would far less effective than Pelosi is.

Given San Fran Nan's accomplishmenst so far - that is not saying a whole hell of alot

hjmick
08-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Given San Fran Nan's accomplishmenst so far - that is not saying a whole hell of alot

All the more reason to vote Sheehan. LOL

red states rule
08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
All the more reason to vote Sheehan. LOL

Could she REALLY do worse then San Fran Nan?

Has she filled ANY promise made to the voters?

nevadamedic
08-11-2007, 02:32 AM
It's going to be Celebrity Death Match :laugh2:

red states rule
08-11-2007, 04:15 AM

OK. Loser dies and the winner gets shot

Black Lance
08-12-2007, 04:21 PM

Preferably fought in a steel cage, with dynamite.

08-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Sheehan isnt running for Senator. Why would you have to endure six years of it?

I guarentee you if she was elected she would be ejected two years later in the next House vote.

nevadamedic
08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
If that bitch Cindy gets elected we would have a huge picture of her son painted in the Congress Building, that woman is unbalanced.

nevadamedic
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM

Two years, unless Congress Impeached her first.

red states rule
08-13-2007, 03:26 AM
Sheehan isnt running for Senator. Why would you have to endure six years of it?

I guarentee you if she was elected she would be ejected two years later in the next House vote.

It would seem like six - but yes, I should have said only two years

red states rule
08-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Two years, unless Congress Impeached her first.

Congress will not remove William Jefferson, and they have him on tape taking a $100,000 bribe.

Why would they remove Cindy Crackpot?