PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist attack, or criminal attack/action?

jimnyc
09-13-2017, 01:23 PM
I thought a good question, maybe good discussion.

The recent events in Charlottesville. Was the action of that man driving down the road into all of the pedestrians, and killing one of them - a terrorist attack? Or was it a criminal attack or actions of someone?

It's basically been labeled a terrorist attack, and some are very adamant about that. And probably rightfully so considering the Islamic attacks around the world doing the same or similar.

While some will disagree, I think they are different.

I think the Islamic attacks stand alone. They stem from a legitimate "war", most are suicidal in their attacks & are looking for mass casualties. They are also pre-planned attacks. They want the entire world to see things their way. They will punish entire countries in this manner, for any of them that should be involved in the war against terror.

The scumbag in Virginia, I believe, acted out of anger and a spur of the moment decision, if that matters. I'm not sure if he had a "goal", other than to harm people. I don't believe he thought out long term implications and/or and idea of setting fear to folks. I believe this was a criminal action, a murder and quite a few attempted murders and then many assault charges. As horrid as a crime as it may be, it's not a terror attack.

I hope we don't see any more terror attacks. I hope we don't see any more violence at events across America.

With that said, if and when there should be any type of violence at events, folks will be quick to use the terror word. Just as with far too many labels in general.

Gunny
09-13-2017, 02:35 PM
It's not a good discussion really because of the use/misuse of words. Technically, if I say "I'm going to kick your ass", it's a terrorist threat mean to strike fear; hence, terrorism. While any level-headed person can see the difference between that and ISIS beheading prisoners on youtube, we aren't talking about level-headed people. We're talking about the people in our society who cherry pick definitions to suit the cause du jour.

The antifa fools are a perfect example. They can say what they want, attack you, throw crap at you, censor your right to free speech but the second you backlap one of the bitches they're crying in their Pampers about how violent and unconstitutional we are.