PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Stand Trump .. Really

Gunny
09-14-2017, 01:17 PM
He was my absolute LAST choice of Republican candidates. His hair is stupid. The fact he can't stay off facebook or twitter or whatever is absurd. He responds to petty insults with knee jerk reactions.

At the same time, who cares? I never expected anything from him but a Supreme Court appointment. I lived through the populist who ran as a Dem's presidency. He got no cooperation from the Congressional Dems. I saw it coming with Trump from a country mile, as should anyone who lived through the Carter years and has a 1st grade power of observation.

So what's to sit and whine about? Hell, he's trying more than I thought he would AND he's trying to do the right thing.

Better question: How many friendships is it going to screw? The Presidency is 4 years. Anyone who can read knows I don't like Trump. But I don't go on and on and on and on and on about it, insulting people for no real reason. And I damned sure don't take it personally if someone who supports Trump wiseass's or comes back at me if I throw a barb at their boy. Stick your dick in the door and someone is going to come along and slam it.

And anyone who takes me personally (aside from the lucky few who know who they are)? You're wasting your time. I'll argue a point. If you don't like it, too bad. But some need to get over themselves.

jimnyc
09-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Funny, I just posted in another thread with what I think relates, and that would, in a nutshell, be making the best of a situation no matter where one may stand.

Truth be told, the woman and I disagree on a fair amount of political subjects. But it's never an issue because we never allow it to be one. We CAN talk or debate things, but mostly avoid doing so. But when we do, we approach things differently I guess. And usually by the end of the "debate" I am trying to goofingly stab her with a wooden spoon, but it never does any damage. :dunno:

It "should" be easier for folks on the same political aisle, but differ on candidates and some issues, to get along. There are many other issues to soften the blow, if those issues are paid attention to.

And while he hasn't been perfect, if one has paid attention, he hasn't been a flaming liberal either. Yes, some will only toss out negative things, one only positive, but we all know facts are there behind the scenes. So denying things that have sucked, or ignoring things that have been accomplished, well it is what it is.

The exaggeration and hatred from the left is literally insane, over the edge insane. Then add in the folks on the right that don't care for Trump. Then add in that the news MSM are wholly against him. You'll see polls are low numbers, but they simply don't speak the truth, no more than the polls days prior to the election were.

Black Diamond
09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
He was my absolute LAST choice of Republican candidates. His hair is stupid. The fact he can't stay off facebook or twitter or whatever is absurd. He responds to petty insults with knee jerk reactions.

At the same time, who cares? I never expected anything from him but a Supreme Court appointment. I lived through the populist who ran as a Dem's presidency. He got no cooperation from the Congressional Dems. I saw it coming with Trump from a country mile, as should anyone who lived through the Carter years and has a 1st grade power of observation.

So what's to sit and whine about? Hell, he's trying more than I thought he would AND he's trying to do the right thing.

Better question: How many friendships is it going to screw? The Presidency is 4 years. Anyone who can read knows I don't like Trump. But I don't go on and on and on and on and on about it, insulting people for no real reason. And I damned sure don't take it personally if someone who supports Trump wiseass's or comes back at me if I throw a barb at their boy. Stick your dick in the door and someone is going to come along and slam it.

And anyone who takes me personally (aside from the lucky few who know who they are)? You're wasting your time. I'll argue a point. If you don't like it, too bad. But some need to get over themselves.
Bullshit. You didn't vote third party. You're in love with trump and always have been.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2017, 01:44 PM

Same here. I have no animosity in regards to any member here. I say let them have their say--then let me have mine...
If we disagree--fine...
No reason to take it personally, IMHO..
I do not know what is up with the Rev.--lately he ignores my replies to him..
If he has me on =-- ignore-- here, I wish he would say so publicly (or in a private message). Then I'd not bother to comment on his posts.
Hell, its not like I havent defended him several times in the past...

Trust me on this, if the obama had been treated the way Trump has been, we would have had a damn civil war...
Seems to me it is high time to admit who the bad characters are in all of this and quit making excuses for them and their violence..-Tyr

Gunny
09-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Funny, I just posted in another thread with what I think relates, and that would, in a nutshell, be making the best of a situation no matter where one may stand.

Truth be told, the woman and I disagree on a fair amount of political subjects. But it's never an issue because we never allow it to be one. We CAN talk or debate things, but mostly avoid doing so. But when we do, we approach things differently I guess. And usually by the end of the "debate" I am trying to goofingly stab her with a wooden spoon, but it never does any damage. :dunno:

It "should" be easier for folks on the same political aisle, but differ on candidates and some issues, to get along. There are many other issues to soften the blow, if those issues are paid attention to.

And while he hasn't been perfect, if one has paid attention, he hasn't been a flaming liberal either. Yes, some will only toss out negative things, one only positive, but we all know facts are there behind the scenes. So denying things that have sucked, or ignoring things that have been accomplished, well it is what it is.

The exaggeration and hatred from the left is literally insane, over the edge insane. Then add in the folks on the right that don't care for Trump. Then add in that the news MSM are wholly against him. You'll see polls are low numbers, but they simply don't speak the truth, no more than the polls days prior to the election were.Like I said, I never expected anything from him. It's a good place to start.

A lot of what I see as criticism are people who weren't for him to begin with; yet, STILL act all disappointed if his every promise is carried out to the "t". As if ANY politician's every promise is. If you recall, I got on your ass about cheerleading Trump thread after thread during the primaries. It's as equally annoying constantly seeing everything he could possibly think of doing wrong and then some.

I'm actually sort of enjoying this in a sick sort of way. Pelosi makes some smartass comment that Trump isn't doing his job and laying it off on Congress. Hell-o-o-o dumb Phantom of the Opera looking bitch ... immigration law is Congress' job. Take HS government much?

And who was it that was being accused of being for it before he was against it? John Kerry? Say hello to Paul Ryan. If he'd go ahead and vote for the fence before he votes against it, he'll have a place to slap his saddle.

He wears the wrong clothes apparently to hurricanes and press briefings. I'm sure Versace is rolling in his grave. :rolleyes:

Want to blame him for something? Get his ass off the phone. Geez. I don't even know where he has time to do all this social media bullshit in between being President. Duct tale his mouth. Only left his speak AFTER he thinks.

Otherwise the reactions of the left and the RINOs keep me in stitches:laugh:

Gunny
09-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Bullshit. You didn't vote third party. You're in love with trump and always have been.Correct. I did NOT vote 3rd party. I like for my vote to count somewhere, even if it's a loss at something attainable. I'm damned sure not tossing it out the window on some 3rd party hack. I'll just stay home first.

Gunny
09-14-2017, 02:04 PM
Same here. I have no animosity in regards to any member here. I say let them have their say--then let me have mine...
If we disagree--fine...
If he has me on =-- ignore-- here, I wish he would say so publicly (or in a private message). Then I'd not bother to comment on his posts.

Trust me on this, if the obama had been treated the way Trump has been, we would have had a damn civil war...
Seems to me it is high time to admit who the bad characters are in all of this and quit making excuses for them and their violence..-TyrNothing's up with Rev that I am aware of. Even if he's mad at me for something :laugh: Far as I know he's just being Rev.
jimnyc on the other hand, I hate you. Why can't I get those simple little pansy-ass injuries like you're always getting? Oh hell no. I have to pull my ass muscle running. Now it hurts when I'm LMAO at you ....

jimnyc
09-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Nothing's up with Rev that I am aware of. Even if he's mad at me for something :laugh: Far as I know he's just being Rev.
jimnyc on the other hand, I hate you. Why can't I get those simple little pansy-ass injuries like you're always getting? Oh hell no. I have to pull my ass muscle running. Now it hurts when I'm LMAO at you ....

Karma.

I was a bad little bastard growing up, and I think I'm paying the price for much of it now. Well, the stitches are mostly from running around like a maniac. I believe the neck and elbow might be from various injuries and overuse and what not growing up. But I call it Karma. I've paid the price for every idiotic thing I've ever done. :(

Now you go out and get some surgery ya pansy cue ball headed fucker! Get it done on the dome too, as chicks love scares they say, and you have plenty of empty space to be put to good use up there. Maybe even get a tattoo, get the 6 pool table pockets on the top of your head!!

I hope the torn muscle hurts now fucker! And I hope that spider hopped on a local bus and is making its way to your ear. Maybe not a poisonous spider, but one that will make your head blow up larger than it already is, and we'll have like a little floating balloon headed Gunny. :thumb:

Kathianne
09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
If we disagree--fine...

Seems to me it is high time to admit who the bad characters are in all of this and quit making excuses for them and their violence..-Tyr
Simple reason, you don't personally flame then say, "don't take it personally." You respect others and it's returned.

Gunny
09-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Karma.

I was a bad little bastard growing up, and I think I'm paying the price for much of it now. Well, the stitches are mostly from running around like a maniac. I believe the neck and elbow might be from various injuries and overuse and what not growing up. But I call it Karma. I've paid the price for every idiotic thing I've ever done. :(

Now you go out and get some surgery ya pansy cue ball headed fucker! Get it done on the dome too, as chicks love scares they say, and you have plenty of empty space to be put to good use up there. Maybe even get a tattoo, get the 6 pool table pockets on the top of your head!!

I hope the torn muscle hurts now fucker! And I hope that spider hopped on a local bus and is making its way to your ear. Maybe not a poisonous spider, but one that will make your head blow up larger than it already is, and we'll have like a little floating balloon headed Gunny. :thumb:I had my taste of surgery, thanks. I STILL haven't gotten over all of it. I'll pass on the "elective" shit. I hope you go blind when the sun shines off my head.

And don't give us that "bad little bastard" and "karma" story. The karma is whatever you did to those girls when you were in gradeschool has Mrs Jimmy kicking your ass all the time.

Black Diamond
09-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Simple reason, you don't personally flame then say, "don't take it personally." You respect others and it's returned.
You don't show people respect on here. You go on and on ridiculing trump supporters and expect no flack in return. Was true pre election and it's true now.

jimnyc
09-14-2017, 02:30 PM
You don't show people respect on here. You go on and on ridiculing trump supporters and expect no flack in return. Was true pre election and it's true now.

I don't think I've went out of my way to disrespect anyone. Of course threads take their own courses, and after pages they can get aggravating, and after words back and forth and back and forth, some can get snippy or sarcastic. I just don't expect it for no reason or to start off a thread.

Kath is always respectful with me. I'd rather not touch upon interactions that I am not involved with/in. But I've always said that folks should treat one another 'in kind' when at all possible.

Gunny
09-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Simple reason, you don't personally flame then say, "don't take it personally." You respect others and it's returned. disagreeing with you does not equal disrespect. You claim you've always said what you wanted and all this other junk, but you sure don't allow others to. It's your way or the highway and you take it personally.

Last time you stated such and claimed you were the first to say something or another that I know I was saying long before you were ever in the picture, I said fine. I'm not walking on eggshells around you. This board's too small and you post too much to avoid. You've been antagonistic to me since.

If you are going to post on a board that primarily supports Trump, plan on feedback. And as you say ... you get as much respect out of me as you give. That doesn't mean I have to respect your left field stance as of this election.

aboutime
09-14-2017, 02:51 PM
I live by the words my father told me somewhere around 1959, 1963 about why I always worried about what other people thought about me.

He told me...
"The only people you will ever have to listen to, and do as they say are the people who will pay all of your bills for the rest of your life!"

So far. I haven't met anyone who would honestly agree to do that for me. So...it really shouldn't matter to ANYONE, what anyone else says, thinks, or does to us, or about us.

It's like a teenager who worries about going to a dance, and being worried that somebody will laugh at them trying to dance. Truth is. EVERYBODY at a dance is only worried about THEMSELVES, and don't really care how anybody else looks because they are worried about themselves.
Think about it.

Kathianne
09-14-2017, 04:07 PM
disagreeing with you does not equal disrespect. You claim you've always said what you wanted and all this other junk, but you sure don't allow others to. It's your way or the highway and you take it personally.

Last time you stated such and claimed you were the first to say something or another that I know I was saying long before you were ever in the picture, I said fine. I'm not walking on eggshells around you. This board's too small and you post too much to avoid. You've been antagonistic to me since.

If you are going to post on a board that primarily supports Trump, plan on feedback. And as you say ... you get as much respect out of me as you give. That doesn't mean I have to respect your left field stance as of this election.

Actually, you went personal because I said you were wrong. You dish but can't take it. I won't go to the flaming crap with you, which is why I've pretty much avoided you since. There is no arguing with you, you always play the 'I know because I was in the military, you civilians owe it all to me and can go take a flying f!'

Others are justifiably proud of their service, they just don't use it as a know-it-all card.

aboutime
09-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Actually, you went personal because I said you were wrong. You dish but can't take it. I won't go to the flaming crap with you, which is why I've pretty much avoided you since. There is no arguing with you, you always play the 'I know because I was in the military, you civilians owe it all to me and can go take a flying f!'

Others are justifiably proud of their service, they just don't use it as a know-it-all card.

Kathianne. I understand what you told Gunny. But, I would hope you, and others would first ask yourselves...."Why does Gunny, and other Veterans talk that way in the first place?"
As a veteran myself, like Gunny. I have never felt the way you said about Gunny owing anything to US. And we do not use our experiences in uniform as a KNOW IT ALL card.
Truth is. Over many years. We veterans have learned the hard way, that the phony, civilian support isn't really as genuine as some would like, and hope it would be. We have been betrayed by our own Fellow Americans for so long. We tend to distrust, and suffer silently in the Betrayal we feel from many who WON'T LISTEN TO US because we are seen as 2ND CLASS citizens who only know military ways of life.
So if we express ourselves rather harshly as Gunny often does. Take time to think about WHY we feel, and express ourselves that way before you JUDGE US. Please?

Kathianne
09-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Kathianne. I understand what you told Gunny. But, I would hope you, and others would first ask yourselves...."Why does Gunny, and other Veterans talk that way in the first place?"
As a veteran myself, like Gunny. I have never felt the way you said about Gunny owing anything to US. And we do not use our experiences in uniform as a KNOW IT ALL card.
Truth is. Over many years. We veterans have learned the hard way, that the phony, civilian support isn't really as genuine as some would like, and hope it would be. We have been betrayed by our own Fellow Americans for so long. We tend to distrust, and suffer silently in the Betrayal we feel from many who WON'T LISTEN TO US because we are seen as 2ND CLASS citizens who only know military ways of life.
So if we express ourselves rather harshly as Gunny often does. Take time to think about WHY we feel, and express ourselves that way before you JUDGE US. Please?

Read it again. Never said, 'vets in general,' indeed was careful to say the opposite.

aboutime
09-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Read it again. Never said, 'vets in general,' indeed was careful to say the opposite.

I know. But...as veterans...we stand together. If one is attacked, we are all attacked.

That's part of the defense we have for each other against the Betrayal, and often, disrespect we have to endure...because somebody's insulted, or feelings are hurt.

Kathianne
09-14-2017, 04:38 PM
I know. But...as veterans...we stand together. If one is attacked, we are all attacked.

That's part of the defense we have for each other against the Betrayal, and often, disrespect we have to endure...because somebody's insulted, or feelings are hurt.

My feelings aren't hurt. I've not been disrespectful to you or vets. One guy has been a jerk, which he has every right to be. I too have every right to react to his 'I'm a vet, you all would be dead or something without me. Your perspective is not enlightened as mine, because MILITARY.' You want to second that, feel free.

Elessar
09-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Kath....I love you to death, but I think it is time to drop the condemnation of Vets.

Many paid a price that cannot be recovered. You cannot put them into a cookie
cutteer and think they will all be the same.

I respect non-serving folks very much, provided they are not arrogant
and disrespectful of others.

aboutime
09-14-2017, 04:53 PM
My feelings aren't hurt. I've not been disrespectful to you or vets. One guy has been a jerk, which he has every right to be. I too have every right to react to his 'I'm a vet, you all would be dead or something without me. Your perspective is not enlightened as mine, because MILITARY.' You want to second that, feel free.

Kathianne. Not wanting to argue, but...did you happen to read what I said? Damn. Twisting isn't your finest effort here. It looks like you had what you wanted to say in mind, before you read what I said. I didn't say YOU were disrespectful. Comprehension a problem? Read what I said again. Please?

jimnyc
09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
I think Kath's beef is with Gunny, not with vets, nor even other vets here that I know of. And even with Gunny, I'm sure as they are friends, it's a temporary thing, I hope.

I've never seen Kath anything but supportive of veterans, and those that post here, unless I'm missing something.

I think this is just a mis-reading of what is/has actually been said.

Kathianne
09-14-2017, 05:21 PM
I think Kath's beef is with Gunny, not with vets, nor even other vets here that I know of. And even with Gunny, I'm sure as they are friends, it's a temporary thing, I hope.

I've never seen Kath anything but supportive of veterans, and those that post here, unless I'm missing something.

I think this is just a mis-reading of what is/has actually been said.

Thank you. I totally support and am grateful for all the service provided by the vets, including Gunny. He knows that or should.

I do take vets views of some countries and certainly what they say regarding any discussions of US involvement anywhere that the military is involved. They've 'been there and done that,' and my experience is they are not ones for getting the newest generation involved in any fights that can be avoided. Indeed that is why all the generals that Trump has placed in office are so highly regarded.

So yes, there are areas where the expertise of vets should, imo, be more heavily weighted than someone who is just spouting off.

Where I have a problem is when it comes to discussions that have little to nothing to do with the military, such as whether or not to vote outside the two parties and someone calls, "Military! Nuff said."

Gunny
09-14-2017, 07:14 PM

Others are justifiably proud of their service, they just don't use it as a know-it-all card.I expected as much for an answer. I didn't get personal until LONG after you did. You have yet to prove me wrong about anything that matters.

There's no people like YOU arguing with me. I've gone toe to toe with the worst message boards have to off, given no quarter and asked for none. But, I'm not going to say I'm wrong when I'm not. Your issue with my military experience is also YOUR problem. But please use the right words when you put them in my mouth. I never have said anything about you civilians owe me. You people that won't fight for your freedom owe it to those who do.

And yeah, I DO know more about the military than you. That's YOUR problem.

Gunny
09-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Kathianne. Not wanting to argue, but...did you happen to read what I said? Damn. Twisting isn't your finest effort here. It looks like you had what you wanted to say in mind, before you read what I said. I didn't say YOU were disrespectful. Comprehension a problem? Read what I said again. Please?That just happened to be the topic. I suppose. I actually just don't remember. I don't key on one-off's; rather, patterns.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. Meaning if you can't be told you are wrong, don't try telling me I am when I'm a sure better 99% of the time. To be clear, no one I see is trolling her every thread with snide little shots, and she's not doing it to me.

And I remember those HS dances :laugh: I can do martial arts and close order drill flawlessly, but put me on a dance floor? Two left feet :laugh: I'm just one of them white boys with no dancing ability :)

Kathianne
09-14-2017, 08:29 PM
I expected as much for an answer. I didn't get personal until LONG after you did. You have yet to prove me wrong about anything that matters.

There's no people like YOU arguing with me. I've gone toe to toe with the worst message boards have to off, given no quarter and asked for none. But, I'm not going to say I'm wrong when I'm not. Your issue with my military experience is also YOUR problem. But please use the right words when you put them in my mouth. I never have said anything about you civilians owe me. You people that won't fight for your freedom owe it to those who do.

And yeah, I DO know more about the military than you. That's YOUR problem.

Never said different, nor do I now. You know it too. IF I wasn't respectful to you AND your service, there's lots of stuff you've told me that you never would have. As Jim said, we've been friends and I'm not throwing any of that to the wind.

Gunny
09-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Never said different, nor do I now. You know it too. IF I wasn't respectful to you AND your service, there's lots of stuff you've told me that you never would have. As Jim said, we've been friends and I'm not throwing any of that to the wind.I know "what" too? I already stated it wasn't about vets or me being one. Truth be told, I finally remembered what it WAS about it had nothing to do with the military that I recall.

It was about a thread I made in fun, yet no matter how hard I tried to avoid your determination to make it serious you just wouldn't be denied. You turned BSing into something serious that didn't even have anything to do with you.

So, for all the vets that jumped in in my defense, I appreciate it, but someone read something wrong somewhere. If you are speaking of something being done in general, I am honestly unaware of Kath attacking vets for being vets, so you can clue me in.

Whilst we are upon "friends", Kath, let's keep the topic where it belongs. The friendship you are messing with is not mine. Some people take their politics as seriously as you do yours, and feel they deserve better than a one-line smartass remark as responses in multiple threads because of a personal dislike.

gabosaurus
09-15-2017, 05:13 PM
This thread proves what I have thought about DP for the last 18 months or so. If you don't like Trump, your comments are not welcome here. If you disagree with the majority, your opinion is not welcome. You don't want to get too pointed, because you might hurt someone's fragile feelings.
I don't often agree with Gunny (and I doubt he ever agrees with me), but I respect him because he stood into the fire and came out the other side as the same person. You never have to wonder how Gunny feels about things because he is not shy about telling you. Whether you accept his opinion or not, you can be assured that no shits will be given. Standing into the fire leaves you without fear of being burned.

tailfins
09-15-2017, 05:34 PM
This thread proves what I have thought about DP for the last 18 months or so. If you don't like Trump, your comments are not welcome here. If you disagree with the majority, your opinion is not welcome. You don't want to get too pointed, because you might hurt someone's fragile feelings.
I don't often agree with Gunny (and I doubt he ever agrees with me), but I respect him because he stood into the fire and came out the other side as the same person. You never have to wonder how Gunny feels about things because he is not shy about telling you. Whether you accept his opinion or not, you can be assured that no shits will be given. Standing into the fire leaves you without fear of being burned.

"Debate Policy" still serves as a focus group for a certain demographic. The key is just to treat it as information. One does not need to like a focus group to study it.

tailfins
09-15-2017, 05:38 PM

Voice of experience? Did you use a condom? Rush recommends Bungee Condoms for such things.

Gunny
09-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Voice of experience? Did you use a condom? Rush recommends Bungee Condoms for such things.If your dick's as big as your brain, nothing you'd have to worry about, "PeeWee".

Gunny
09-15-2017, 07:09 PM
I don't often agree with Gunny (and I doubt he ever agrees with me), but I respect him because he stood into the fire and came out the other side as the same person. You never have to wonder how Gunny feels about things because he is not shy about telling you. Whether you accept his opinion or not, you can be assured that no shits will be given. Standing into the fire leaves you without fear of being burned.What fire?

As far as I know, you're as welcome here as anyone else. When you aren't purposefully trying to piss people off I usually think you're funny. My Mother's a Democrat and I haven't gotten rid of her. Yet. Can bet we don't discuss politics.

The point is not about WHAT is being said nor WHO is saying it. It's HOW it's being said.

Gunny
09-15-2017, 07:14 PM
"Debate Policy" still serves as a focus group for a certain demographic. The key is just to treat it as information. One does not need to like a focus group to study it.Don't worry TF, the "focus group" just observes the pet misogynist in OUR environment. One does not need to like a misogynist to study it.

gabosaurus
09-15-2017, 11:17 PM
The point is not about WHAT is being said nor WHO is saying it. It's HOW it's being said.

I believe it is all three. But you do make a good point.

The phrase "stand in the fire" comes from a bible verse -- "Your work will be shown for what it is. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work."

High_Plains_Drifter
09-17-2017, 10:11 AM
He was my absolute LAST choice of Republican candidates.
He wasn't my first choice either. I was pulling for Ted Cruz.

And I agree Trump can be annoying with SOME of what he says, but on the other side of that coin, I'm damn glad to finally see an neo republican that doesn't just sit back and take all the crap, lies and slander from the democrat propaganda wing. When 90%+ off all coverage is NEGATIVE, and you have every pin headed, jerk off leftard celebrity lined up either holding your bloody head up or wishing they could BLOW UP the white house, I damn sure wouldn't take that shit and I don't expect Trump to either. He has every right to fire back at that trash, and I believe that's how the majority of Americans feel as well.