PDA

View Full Version : Susan Rice Lied About Her Role In The Obama Admin Unmasking Scandal

jimnyc
09-14-2017, 02:20 PM
How many times did she lie with a straight face? And I wonder how much else was covered up and lied about with such faces last year?

---

Reminder: Susan Rice Lied About Her Role In The Obama Admin Unmasking Scandal

On March 22, Rep. Devin Nunes made his ham-fisted disclosure that the Obama administration had conducted incidental surveillance collection and unmasking of Trump administration officials. It was a revelation that ignited widespread criticism from nearly every corner of Washington

“I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show that the president-elect and his team were, I guess, at least monitored,” the House intelligence chairman said at the time. “It looks to me like it was all legally collected, but it was essentially a lot of information on the president-elect and his transition team and what they were doing.” Nunes went on to claim that the information was spread across a number of agencies and had “little or no apparent intelligence value.”

Perhaps Nunes’ reasons were partisan. Perhaps his framing was exaggerated. We’ll see. But if CNN’s reporting is correct, everything Nunes claimed that day was basically true. Which is a lot more than we can say for others.

On the same day, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice was interviewed by PBS’s Judy Woodruff and asked to respond to Nunes’ accusation that she had unmasked those Trump officials in the waning days of the Obama administration. Here is the exchange: (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/full-context-susan-rice-answers-questions-trump-transition-spying-allegations/)

Woodruff: We’ve been following a disclosure by the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Devin Nunes, that in essence, during the final days of the Obama administration, during the transition, after President Trump had been elected, that he and the people around him may have been caught up in surveillance of foreign individuals in that their identities may have been disclosed. Do you know anything about this?

Rice: I know nothing about this. I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today.

Rest here - http://thefederalist.com/2017/09/14/reminder-susan-rice-lied-role-obama-admin-unmasking-scandal/