PDA

View Full Version : Jason Chaffetz Says Americans Want Trump To Work With Democrats

jimnyc
09-15-2017, 01:05 PM
I have no issue with reaching across the aisle at times - especially when your own party has shown they can't always get things done, not even with a majority. America wants to see things get done. Of course R's want to see it a certain way, and D's another. But failing on healthcare, for the R's, sucked because they had all the time and all the numbers. I'm afraid, with some things there will unfortunately have to be times when reaching is necessary.

In reality, I would prefer the agendas be set, and be able to vote with their majority. But it doesn't seem they can do that. Look at the Obamacare repeal. Why can't they sit and come to a resolution? They've had like 99 attempts now and can't get the numbers.

I'm not going to lie and claim that this is the scenarios that I voted for. But the reality is, congress sucks. To get certain things done, some compromise may be necessary.

---

Jason Chaffetz Says Americans Want Trump To Work With Democrats

Former GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz defended President Donald Trump’s potential immigration deal with Democrats Thursday, saying Republicans have “to get used to the fact that Donald Trump is going to work with the other side of the aisle.”

“Republicans are going to have to get used to the fact that Donald Trump is going to work on the other side of the aisle. I think that’s what America wants,” Chaffetz told Fox News. “The president wants results. We can’t even get Republicans to vote Republican. If we could do that, then they could actually put bills on the president’s desk.”

Chaffetz said Trump is still on track to pass substantive immigration reform and is sticking to his promise to be a “negotiator” and a “deal maker.”

“No look the president said he’s a negotiator. He’s a deal maker. He hasn’t stepped over the line,” Chaffetz said. “I know there’s a lot of people saying ‘Hey Mr. president don’t give up on your promise of locking down the border. Getting rid of rewards and incentives. No amnesty.’ The president is still on that trajectory,”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/15/jason-chaffetz-says-americans-want-trump-to-work-with-democrats/

jimnyc
09-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Speaking of repeals.... I've heard almost there before... And again, it's got the same folks talking smack about it. Why can't they find a compromise with these folks?

---

Cassidy Believes He Almost Has Votes for Obamacare Repeal

Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy says he believes he almost has enough votes to pass his Obamacare replacement effort.

“I am pretty confident we’ll get there on the Republican side,” Cassidy told reporters on Friday. “We’re probably at 48-49 and talking to two or three more.”

While that may seem within reach, three Republican lawmakers were all that stood in the way of passing the last repeal and replace effort in July, when Sens. John McCain, Susan Collins, and Lisa Murkowski voted no.

Sen. Rand Paul has already said he will oppose the measure because it keeps too much of Obamacare intact.

“Why continue putting out bills breaking our promise to repeal.?” he tweeted. "#GrahamCassidy redistributes, doesn't repeal. It is more Obamacare Lite!"

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/09/15/gop-senator-almost-has-votes-for-obamacare-repeal-n2382049

Black Diamond
09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
I have no issue with reaching across the aisle at times - especially when your own party has shown they can't always get things done, not even with a majority. America wants to see things get done. Of course R's want to see it a certain way, and D's another. But failing on healthcare, for the R's, sucked because they had all the time and all the numbers. I'm afraid, with some things there will unfortunately have to be times when reaching is necessary.

In reality, I would prefer the agendas be set, and be able to vote with their majority. But it doesn't seem they can do that. Look at the Obamacare repeal. Why can't they sit and come to a resolution? They've had like 99 attempts now and can't get the numbers.

I'm not going to lie and claim that this is the scenarios that I voted for. But the reality is, congress sucks. To get certain things done, some compromise may be necessary.

---

Jason Chaffetz Says Americans Want Trump To Work With Democrats

Former GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz defended President Donald Trump’s potential immigration deal with Democrats Thursday, saying Republicans have “to get used to the fact that Donald Trump is going to work with the other side of the aisle.”

“Republicans are going to have to get used to the fact that Donald Trump is going to work on the other side of the aisle. I think that’s what America wants,” Chaffetz told Fox News. “The president wants results. We can’t even get Republicans to vote Republican. If we could do that, then they could actually put bills on the president’s desk.”

Chaffetz said Trump is still on track to pass substantive immigration reform and is sticking to his promise to be a “negotiator” and a “deal maker.”

“No look the president said he’s a negotiator. He’s a deal maker. He hasn’t stepped over the line,” Chaffetz said. “I know there’s a lot of people saying ‘Hey Mr. president don’t give up on your promise of locking down the border. Getting rid of rewards and incentives. No amnesty.’ The president is still on that trajectory,”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/15/jason-chaffetz-says-americans-want-trump-to-work-with-democrats/
Some people have a hard time understanding the bolded.

Black Diamond
09-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Speaking of repeals.... I've heard almost there before... And again, it's got the same folks talking smack about it. Why can't they find a compromise with these folks?

---

Cassidy Believes He Almost Has Votes for Obamacare Repeal

Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy says he believes he almost has enough votes to pass his Obamacare replacement effort.

“I am pretty confident we’ll get there on the Republican side,” Cassidy told reporters on Friday. “We’re probably at 48-49 and talking to two or three more.”

While that may seem within reach, three Republican lawmakers were all that stood in the way of passing the last repeal and replace effort in July, when Sens. John McCain, Susan Collins, and Lisa Murkowski voted no.

Sen. Rand Paul has already said he will oppose the measure because it keeps too much of Obamacare intact.

“Why continue putting out bills breaking our promise to repeal.?” he tweeted. "#GrahamCassidy redistributes, doesn't repeal. It is more Obamacare Lite!"

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/09/15/gop-senator-almost-has-votes-for-obamacare-repeal-n2382049
Almost gets you a "Watch this" from McCain.