PDA

View Full Version : What if...

jimnyc
09-19-2017, 08:57 AM
I was reading about the BLM group again. It started by reading about tweets that they and others have been sending out in order to get protests and the like started.

Quite frankly, while the world has in fact tuned in as a result of all of this - IMO a lot is negative, and no "goals" seem to be getting accomplished & definitely no real dialogue.

Reminds me of what I said a long time ago about how they approach things...

Different... Back in the late 60's, Muhammad Ali and other top sports figures had a "summit". The reasons were different, but that really doesn't matter. The goal is to get people to listen, to seek change, no?

So the celebrities and others should put their money where their mouths are. Continually setup conferences that will draw audiences or TV tuning. Explain things in a manner that the nation will listen, even if it is "using" famous people to get folks to listen.

A little sugar and honey will work better than demands and violence. By that I mean avoiding confrontation from the very get go. Understanding and knowledge will go much further, IMO.