PDA

View Full Version : Woman Says Hobby Lobby’s Cotton Display Insensitive Toward Blacks

jimnyc
09-19-2017, 04:28 PM
I first read this somewhere yesterday. This shit is getting ridiculous. Are t-shirts next? These display pieces and center pieces have been around forever. But now it's suddenly racist according to this twit, and a shitload of those who then follow her lead. Fuck that, this is tiresome, I would tell them to buzz off and get a life at this point.

---

Woman Says Hobby Lobby’s Cotton Display Insensitive Toward Blacks

A Texas woman who said a Hobby Lobby store’s decision to display a vase containing cotton stalks is insensitive toward blacks is gaining attention on social media.

https://i.imgur.com/cTdQUo6.png

Daniell Rider posted a photo on Hobby Lobby’s corporate Facebook page Thursday of multiple vases containing cotton stalks, calling it “wrong on so many levels.”

“This decor is WRONG on SO many levels,” Rider wrote. “There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves.”

“A little sensitivity goes a long way,” she added, asking the retailer to “remove this decor.”

The post has been shared more than 20,000 times and has more than 217,000 comments as of Monday afternoon.

Hobby Lobby has not yet released a statement or commented on the matter, but many Facebook users sounded off in support of the retailer.

“Take all the cotton out of your clothing, bed clothes, thread, drapes, etc. What do you have left? Ill enjoy the cotton and yes I think it is a pretty plant,” one user said.

“This is ridiculous. There is so much more to worry about and this actually makes really cute fall decor,” another user wrote.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/09/19/woman-hobby-lobbys-cotton-display-insensitive-blacks/

pete311
09-19-2017, 04:43 PM
I could find you 10,000 wack jobs on twitter. She could be a troll for all you know. Just taking the bait.

aboutime
09-19-2017, 04:52 PM
More BS from the snowflakes. Guess ALL OF US should begin getting rid of every piece of clothing....MADE OF COTTON????
Funny stuff. And...come to think of it. The SNOWFLAKES should find an alternate COLOR for their SNOW...since WHITE is Insensitive Toward Blacks.:dance::laugh:

Gunny
09-19-2017, 06:57 PM
I first read this somewhere yesterday. This shit is getting ridiculous. Are t-shirts next? These display pieces and center pieces have been around forever. But now it's suddenly racist according to this twit, and a shitload of those who then follow her lead. Fuck that, this is tiresome, I would tell them to buzz off and get a life at this point.

---

Woman Says Hobby Lobby’s Cotton Display Insensitive Toward Blacks

A Texas woman who said a Hobby Lobby store’s decision to display a vase containing cotton stalks is insensitive toward blacks is gaining attention on social media.

https://i.imgur.com/cTdQUo6.png

Daniell Rider posted a photo on Hobby Lobby’s corporate Facebook page Thursday of multiple vases containing cotton stalks, calling it “wrong on so many levels.”

“This decor is WRONG on SO many levels,” Rider wrote. “There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves.”

“A little sensitivity goes a long way,” she added, asking the retailer to “remove this decor.”

The post has been shared more than 20,000 times and has more than 217,000 comments as of Monday afternoon.

Hobby Lobby has not yet released a statement or commented on the matter, but many Facebook users sounded off in support of the retailer.

“Take all the cotton out of your clothing, bed clothes, thread, drapes, etc. What do you have left? Ill enjoy the cotton and yes I think it is a pretty plant,” one user said.

“This is ridiculous. There is so much more to worry about and this actually makes really cute fall decor,” another user wrote.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/09/19/woman-hobby-lobbys-cotton-display-insensitive-blacks/Wait until she's bitching about the cost of cotton products once the damage from Harvey gets done trickling down. Texas cotton was pretty wiped out. Mississippi and Georgia cotton got nailed by Irma. Three largest suppiers of cotton in the US.

And we don't own any slaves. Imagine THAT. Cry me a river.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Leftard dumbfuckery... don't know as this kind of moronic crap needs any more said about it, unless of course one got the chance to tell the person who started it to STFU.