PDA

View Full Version : Graham-Cassidy Obamacare repeal

jimnyc
09-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Senate Will Vote on Graham-Cassidy Obamacare Repeal Bill Next Week

A spokeswoman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell revealed on Wednesday that the Senate will vote on the Graham-Cassidy Obamacare repeal bill next week.

The spokeswoman said, “It is the Leader’s intention to consider Graham/Cassidy on the floor next week.”

The Graham-Cassidy legislation would repeal Obamacare’s individual and employer mandates and deliver health care to the states so that states can create more affordable alternatives to Obamacare.

Support for Graham-Cassidy has only grown. President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence endorsed the bill and continued to call governors and senators to support the bill. Fifteen Republican governors wrote to in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell urging him to pass the bill through the upper chamber. Speaker Paul Ryan and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy support. House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows endorsed the bill and said that the bill has “real merit.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/20/senate-will-vote-graham-cassidy-obamacare-repeal-bill-next-week/

RNC Chairwoman McDaniel to GOP: Seize the Moment and Pass Graham-Cassidy Healthcare Bill Now

Ronna Romney McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, is warning Republicans that they should act now to pass healthcare legislation that would pare down the federal government-run Affordable Care Act (ACA) and replace it with a federalist plan that returns power over healthcare policy to the states.

“We are seeing it right now in Congress with this push through the Senate for the Graham-Cassidy [bill] — the recognition that Americans are failing under Obamacare,” McDaniel said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

McDaniel said that by 2018, 45 percent of the counties in the country will have only one carrier or no carriers, a fact that reflects the urgent need to fix health care to end the struggles Americans face under the ACA, or Obamacare, with high premiums and little or no choice in health insurance plans.

The passage of Graham-Cassidy would also bring to fruition Republicans’ longtime campaign promise to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/20/rnc-chairwoman-mcdaniel-gop-seize-moment-pass-graham-cassidy-healthcare-bill-now/

Black Diamond
09-20-2017, 05:43 PM
I have hope this time.

aboutime
09-20-2017, 06:16 PM
If they don't go along with the OTHER REPUBS, and TRUMP... they should all become Democrats, and be honest with the Americans who voted for them.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/18/16328364/cassidy-graham-senate-whip-count

pete311
09-20-2017, 09:33 PM
They have ten days to pass this. Good luck.

Abbey Marie
09-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Pre-existing conditions in, funding for Planned Parenthood out. I'm happy so far.

jimnyc
09-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Sen. Bill Cassidy: Graham-Cassidy ‘Returns Power to the State and the Patient’

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) joined SiriusXM host Raheem Kassam on Thursday’s Breitbart News Daily to talk about the Graham-Cassidy Obamacare repeal bill and its prospects in the Senate.

Kassam asked why the federal government still has a role to play in health insurance under Cassidy’s reform plan. “Why aren’t we looking at straight repeal?” he inquired.

“Because we can’t pass straight repeal,” Cassidy replied bluntly. “Believe me, I would like to do something different. We failed on straight repeal in August. We came in at 49 votes and it stopped at 50. What we’re trying to do is not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.”

Cassidy said his bill “drives a stake in the heart of single-payer and just eviscerates Obamacare, the power that it’s brought to Washington, DC, and returns the power to the state and the patient.”

He explained that under his plan, taxpayer money “does not go to insurance companies unless the patient or the state decide it does.”

“We have an amendment from Ted Cruz which would allow a state to pre-fund a health savings account, and then the patient might choose an insurance company, but it does not go directly to insurance companies. It stops with the state and with the patient,” he said.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/09/21/cassidy-graham-cassidy-returns-power-state-patient/

jimnyc
09-21-2017, 02:45 PM
I don't think it will matter anyway as it doesn't appear they will be able to get the votes needed. THIS is why their numbers in congress suck, if I'm correct. As I don't expect much to change if and before any vote.

Apparently they need 2 of 4, those are Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, Rand Paul & Susan Collins. From what I understand, Collins has more or less said no already. Paul is dead set against. So that would mean they NEED the votes of McCain and Murkowski. I'll bet the same happens again, and we see another thumbs down.

What they SHOULD be doing is having a sitdown right now, at minimum with those 3, find out exactly what the problems are, and see if it can be fixed, or at least a compromise of some sort made. But leaving it as-is - if they know they don't have the votes, and then voting anyway and hoping for a thumbs up - would be dumb, IMO.

---

Sen. Kennedy: Graham-Cassidy Not Perfect, But It's Good

The Graham-Cassidy legislation is not a perfect bill, but it's a good one to use when repealing and replacing Obamacare, Sen. John Kennedy said of the measure proposed in part by his fellow Louisiana lawmaker, Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy.

"There is no free lunch, and you aren't going to get one with this bill," the Republican lawmaker told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" program. "There are tradeoffs but if your litmus test is, as is mine, is it better than the Affordable Care Act? Clearly, the answer is yes."

The biggest opponents to the legislation, co-sponsored by South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, are Vermont independent Sen. Bernie Sanders and talk show host Jimmy Kimmel, said Kennedy.

"I don't know Mr. Kimmel," said Kennedy. "He is a funny guy but I don't think people will confuse him with a well-respected healthcare expert. I wouldn't take advice from Charlie Sheen, either."

He said he also wouldn't call Kimmel, who says the Graham-Cassidy measure would endanger people like his infant son, who suffers from congenital heart disease, by removing provisions for covering pre-existing conditions.

Kennedy, though, said he would not consider Kimmel an "average American."

"I don't think the average American makes $12 million a year," said Kennedy. "Certainly this is America. You can believe what you want. He is entitled to his opinion. But I doubt he has read the bill."

Kennedy said he has known Cassidy, a physician "for the charity hospital here in Louisiana" for years and does not think he'd do anything to hurt anyone.

"He takes the oath he took as a physician seriously," said Kennedy. "It is not a perfect bill. I concede that. I have four amendments I will be offering to it myself. But if your litmus test is, as is mine, is it better than Obamacare, I think any reasonable person, any reasonably objective person would have to conclude that the answer is yes."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/john-kennedy-lindsey-graham-bill-cassidy-healthcare-bill/2017/09/21/id/814963/

jimnyc
09-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Pre-existing conditions in, funding for Planned Parenthood out. I'm happy so far.

Some have claimed that has been eliminated. Been some good arguments on my FB feed as well. I think some in the news would love for folks to believe that's the case, to spread unfounded fear.

---

Trump: Healthcare Bill Covers Preexisting Conditions

President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday night that critics of the GOP healthcare bill are wrong when they say it does not cover preexisting conditions.

https://i.imgur.com/TmbCivv.png

The bill by Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy came under fire Tuesday night by talk show host Jimmy Kimmel, who slammed Cassidy for sponsoring a bill he said fails the "Jimmy Kimmel test."

Cassidy coined the phrase "Jimmy Kimmel test" earlier this year, saying he would not back any bill to repeal and replace Obamacare that put lifetime caps on coverage. The reference to Kimmel came soon after the host's son was born with a life-threatening birth defect that will require years of surgeries.

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-cassidy-graham-healthcare/2017/09/20/id/814794/

Black Diamond
09-21-2017, 02:58 PM
I thought McCain and graham were Buddies.

Abbey Marie
09-21-2017, 03:09 PM
I heard the head of the Legislative committee (?) on the radio say unequivocally that coverage for pre-existing conditions would be safeguarded.

aboutime
09-21-2017, 03:32 PM
I thought McCain and graham were Buddies.

Black Diamond. I have to be totally honest here. Even though McCain was a POW during Nam, and a Navy Pilot. I no longer feel any respect for him as a fellow Veteran.

Just as I wouldn't feel any need to agree with other Veterans who happen to wish Hillary, and Obama were still in the W/H.

McCain is now using his VICTIM identity, because of his sickness, to gain approval from some who always feel sorry for EVERYBODY who is a victim of something.

McCain NEEDS TO GO. He needs to retire, or resign from the SENATE...NOW!

Gunny
09-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Black Diamond. I have to be totally honest here. Even though McCain was a POW during Nam, and a Navy Pilot. I no longer feel any respect for him as a fellow Veteran.

Just as I wouldn't feel any need to agree with other Veterans who happen to wish Hillary, and Obama were still in the W/H.

McCain is now using his VICTIM identity, because of his sickness, to gain approval from some who always feel sorry for EVERYBODY who is a victim of something.

McCain NEEDS TO GO. He needs to retire, or resign from the SENATE...NOW!This shouldn't have to be explained, but it seems it always does or someone'll say we're disrespecting their service.

I respect his and that moron Murtha's service in the military. End of story. As politicians, I have zero respect for either (can past tense the Murtha parts as he's no longer with us).

Murtha was a leftwing nut case and in his case, I believe he was still a participating reserve officer so his conduct DID reflect negatively on his service to the Corps as far as I was concerned. I wouldn't want that idiot in charge of me.

McCain has done nothing but divide the GOP. He's spent more time on the left side of the aisle on his knees than he has on the right. It's WAY past time for him to go.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-21-2017, 09:01 PM
But does it allow insurance companies to compete across state lines? I can't seem to find anything about that.

Or has big insurance lobbyist cash bought off the majority of congressmen?

jimnyc
09-22-2017, 01:07 PM
As I figured, in comes thumbs down man.

---

Sen. John McCain says he cannot support Graham-Cassidy Obamacare repeal bill

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., on Friday said he "cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham Cassidy proposal.

McCain is one of four Republican senators who are undecided on the GOP healthcare overhaul, and his opposition dealt the bill's chances a significant blow.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/senator-john-mccain-says-he-cannot-support-graham-cassidy-obamacare-repeal-bill.html

Black Diamond
09-22-2017, 01:10 PM

---

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., on Friday said he "cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham Cassidy proposal.

McCain is one of four Republican senators who are undecided on the GOP healthcare overhaul, and his opposition dealt the bill's chances a significant blow.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/senator-john-mccain-says-he-cannot-support-graham-cassidy-obamacare-repeal-bill.html
But it's trump who is the liberal.

i am disappointed though. There won't be a "watch this" this time with pence there to break the tie.

Macerick McCain. Which one is Goose?

High_Plains_Drifter
09-22-2017, 03:06 PM

---

And here I thought him and Lindsay boy were BFF butt buddies.

I guess since McLame is dying of brain cancer, he plans on fucking up as much shit as he can before he's done.

aboutime
09-22-2017, 03:35 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-mccain-senate-had-time-to-repeal-obamacare-through-regular-order/article/2634817