PDA

View Full Version : What Should The Government Do?

Kathianne
09-21-2017, 08:04 AM
I think that government, like business, should be acting ethically. I know, no matter what one believes, the giant always seems to prove one naive.

While the whole enchilada of Obama's robust spying on everyone has yet to be litigated or even openly investigated by the government itself, there should be enough here to concern all.

Of all the news organizations monitored years back, I'm pretty sure only Attkinsson is the only one who has kept up the investigation and continues to pursue judicial remedies, being fought tooth and nail by both the Obama and now the Trump administrations.

While the direct blame and hopefully future litigation should be directed at Clapper and the executive departments under Obama, it bears digging into what today's versions are doing in the name of 'national security':

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

It looks like Obama did spy on Trump, just as he apparently did to me
BY SHARYL ATTKISSON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 09/20/17 08:30 AM EDT

Many in the media are diving deeply into minutiae in order to discredit any notion that President Trump might have been onto something in March when he fired off a series of tweets claiming President Obama had “tapped” “wires” in Trump Tower just before the election.

According to media reports this week, the FBI did indeed “wiretap” the former head of Trump’s campaign, Paul Manafort, both before and after Trump was elected. If Trump officials — or Trump himself — communicated with Manafort during the wiretaps, they would have been recorded, too.

But we’re missing the bigger story.

If these reports are accurate, it means U.S. intelligence agencies secretly surveilled at least a half dozen Trump associates. And those are just the ones we know about.

Besides Manafort, the officials include former Trump advisers Carter Page and Michael Flynn. Last week, we discovered multiple Trump “transition officials” were “incidentally” captured during government surveillance of a foreign official. We know this because former Obama adviser Susan Rice reportedly admitted “unmasking,” or asking to know the identities of, the officials. Spying on U.S. citizens is considered so sensitive, their names are supposed to be hidden or “masked,” even inside the government, to protect their privacy.

In May, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates acknowledged they, too, reviewed communications of political figures, secretly collected under President Obama.

While the following is concerning, for average people being spied on by the government, it seems to me the threat is that we'll never know what they have or how they are using it:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/20/samantha-power-sought-to-unmask-americans-on-almost-daily-basis-sources-say.html

Samantha Power sought to unmask Americans on almost daily basis, sources say
By Bret Baier, Catherine Herridge, Fox News

Samantha Power, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, was 'unmasking' at such a rapid pace in the final months of the Obama administration that she averaged more than one request for every working day in 2016 – and even sought information in the days leading up to President Trump’s inauguration, multiple sources close to the matter told Fox News.

Two sources, who were not authorized to speak on the record, said the requests to identify Americans whose names surfaced in foreign intelligence reporting, known as unmasking, exceeded 260 last year. One source indicated this occurred in the final days of the Obama White House.

The details emerged ahead of an expected appearance by Power next month on Capitol Hill. She is one of several Obama administration officials facing congressional scrutiny for their role in seeking the identities of Trump associates in intelligence reports – but the interest in her actions is particularly high.

darin
09-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Geesh I wanna live off grid :(

Kathianne
09-21-2017, 09:25 AM
More:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-09-20/what-we-still-don-t-know-about-obama-era-unmasking

Gunny
09-21-2017, 12:32 PM
I think that government, like business, should be acting ethically. I know, no matter what one believes, the giant always seems to prove one naive.

While the whole enchilada of Obama's robust spying on everyone has yet to be litigated or even openly investigated by the government itself, there should be enough here to concern all.

Of all the news organizations monitored years back, I'm pretty sure only Attkinsson is the only one who has kept up the investigation and continues to pursue judicial remedies, being fought tooth and nail by both the Obama and now the Trump administrations.

While the direct blame and hopefully future litigation should be directed at Clapper and the executive departments under Obama, it bears digging into what today's versions are doing in the name of 'national security':

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

While the following is concerning, for average people being spied on by the government, it seems to me the threat is that we'll never know what they have or how they are using it:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/20/samantha-power-sought-to-unmask-americans-on-almost-daily-basis-sources-say.htmlWhat would you have the government do? What's been going on recently is the bureaucracy itself, not just an administration is being caught with its pants down. In their effort to screw Trump, they have exposed the machine. All of these nameless, underling positions we're suddenly hearing about? They are the power, and they will always be there. Civil servants hiding in the woodwork who have a job regardless who comes and goes in the WH. They do their 20-30 and retire with a nice check having done nothing but maintain the status quo for the next guy. Basically, bloated ticks sucking off our tax dollars.

Nothing short of cleaning house from the top to the bottom will change it. They are going to stall and stall and stall, as you see they are good at, until it goes away.

Most obvious example of it: Hillary Clinton not being prosecuted for what anyone else would have been. The State Dept covered for her, the FBI, and DOJ. They don't want the lid off Pandora's Box and ALL have a vested interest.

aboutime
09-21-2017, 02:52 PM
We must remember. WE are the government. Politicians, from the President on down are OUR Employee's. WE must let them know. WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF GOVERNMENT.

Until we get enough better educated, concerned more than for just self, citizens to rule over Government...WE THE PEOPLE will remain fearful, and allow Politicians to run our lives.
I know, it's easier said than done. But that's just the way it has to be.

Our recent past of eight years where LAWS were broken, and those who aren't smart enough to DISAGREE stayed quiet, out of fear of being accused of being RACISTs, said nothing while constantly LOOKING THE OTHER WAY, because RACE was the GUN that allowed Democrats, and Obama to destroy much of our American society, and got rid of Moral responsibility.

SO...."What should the Government Do?" The AMERICAN people have to TAKE IT BACK from the LIFELONG broken politicians who only care about their careers.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-21-2017, 09:09 PM
This entire escapade has obama's finger prints all over it.

No way in HELL could you ever convince me that he was entire OBLIVIOUS to ALL that was going on, or even behind the scenes directing much of it to be done.