PDA

View Full Version : Trump is against those kneeling in the NFL

Pages : 1 [2]

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 01:14 PM
I'll also add, I tried to meet Gunny in person while traveling, but the lazy bastard wouldn't travel 5+ hours each way to the airport to say hello and turn around!! :saluting2:

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 01:25 PM
As I more than assumed...

--

'UNITY': Networks Avoided Showing Outraged Fans Booing Anthem Protests

TV staffer admits that camera operators were ordered NOT to film the crowd to avoid showing backlash.

When the NFL chose to transform Football Sunday into #TakeAKnee Sunday, the networks who pay all that money to air those games, chose to show footage of the performance of the national anthem, knowing viewers would want to see how the players responded. But as many viewers noticed during the various broadcasts, while the networks and the news agencies provided ample coverage of the over 200 players who refused to stand for the anthem, they somehow failed to provide much coverage, if at all, of the fans' responses to the anthem kneelers. In fact, it seemed as if it might've been a deliberate choice. And, of course, it was.

One guy who noticed the lack of coverage of the fans — many of whom were utterly outraged at the rampant displays of anti-patriotism, as some of the audio and the strong backlash has revealed —was Sporting News' Michael McCarthy, who talked to some of those behind the scenes and learned that at least one crew was specifically instructed to avoid filming the crowd "to avoid crowd shots in case they showed fans counterprotesting the protests."

"If crowd shots were indeed purposely avoided, it was a wise business decision by the networks not to bite the hand that feeds them their most popular programming, but a weak move from a journalistic standpoint," writes McCarthy. "By covering one of the most significant days in NFL history with rose-colored glasses, the networks cheated viewers. We got an incomplete picture of what really happened in stadiums on Sunday and Monday."

While McCarthy got confirmation from one crew that they indeed were instructed not to film the crowd, CBS insisted that they did not make a coordinated effort to turn a blind eye to the fans' responses. That just happened naturally, or something.

"The anthem was covered by each crew in their own way, with many choosing to stay with what was happening on the field," CBS spokeswoman Jennifer Sabatelle told Sporting News. "There was no directive given to not show the fans."

"No directive," yet somehow almost zero coverage of any of the thousands of outraged fans ...

During NBC's telecast of "Sunday Night Football" in Landover, Md., we got plenty close-up views of Raiders and Redskins sitting or linking arms during the anthem. The fans were strictly in the background.

Fans booing Jets and Dolphins players were loud and clear during CBS's telecast from East Rutherford, N.J. But we never saw them. Instead, we got a lot of field-level shots of linked arms players and saluting police officers.

Rest - http://www.dailywire.com/news/21671/unity-networks-avoided-showing-outraged-fans-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=091817-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand#

Gunny
09-29-2017, 01:28 PM
I'll also add, I tried to meet Gunny in person while traveling, but the lazy bastard wouldn't travel 5+ hours each way to the airport to say hello and turn around!! :saluting2:And I WON'T do it again. Could I even walk again then? Besides, I got the same offer from Dis and she's a girl and nix'd that idea. You didn't stand a chance.:slap:

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 01:37 PM
And I WON'T do it again. Could I even walk again then? Besides, I got the same offer from Dis and she's a girl and nix'd that idea. You didn't stand a chance.:slap:

If I took that same route again, I would just pick a place to crash for the night and do the second leg the next day. That was just too much for me in one day. Then if I did, I could rent a car and come out and just look for the shiny headed, funny talking guy. :) Then again, is that like 60% of Texas?

And oh man, I'd love to go to a Cowboys game and root for my Steelers there! I might need you to pack some heat if we did that though, and I don't think that's allowed in NFL stadiums. :)

Gunny
09-29-2017, 01:44 PM
If I took that same route again, I would just pick a place to crash for the night and do the second leg the next day. That was just too much for me in one day. Then if I did, I could rent a car and come out and just look for the shiny headed, funny talking guy. :) Then again, is that like 60% of Texas?

And oh man, I'd love to go to a Cowboys game and root for my Steelers there! I might need you to pack some heat if we did that though, and I don't think that's allowed in NFL stadiums. :)I ain't backing your ass in a Steelers-Cowboys game in Texas Stadium or whatever they call the damned thing now. Apparently my shiny, bald head's got more cents in it than that hairy gourd you got on top of your shoulders.

When the crowd started looking mean at us I'd just step back and say "Which one of us funny talking guys sounds like he's not from here?"

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 05:59 PM
If they lose 20 percent of their viewership it will cost the league a lot of money.

20%? dream on! you're lucky to get 1%

TV ratings have been mostly down across the board, minus a few games. Otherwise, there HAS been a hit to viewership overall. In addition to the article that HPD already posted, and follow-ups about ratings, here's another. I don't think they're getting the response and support they assumed they would get. And as you can see, it's more than just a few games dropping in ratings. I'm afraid they definitely lost some long time fans for good, and many uneasy about the whole thing. I think... I know, they underestimated how passionate the country is about our anthem/flag!

--

NFL Favorability Ratings Cut in Half — IN ONE WEEK!

This is disastrous!
The NFL favorability ratings were cut in half — in the last week.

Morning Consult released their numbers today.

This comes after over 200 NFL players knelt during the US national anthem on Gold Star Mothers Day last sunday.

The Daily Caller reported:

Morning Consult conducted the survey, and the results are a very bad sign for the NFL.

They released the following data in a press release to The Daily Caller:

NFL’s Brand Favorability Drops To Lowest Point Since Morning Consult Started Tracking: The NFL’s net favorability has dropped from 30% on September 21 to 17% on September 28.

On September 21, 25% of Trump supporters said they had a very favorable view of the NFL and 11% had a very unfavorable view.

As of Sept 28, those numbers have dramatically changed with 33% of Trump supporters say they have a very unfavorable view of the NFL and 16% report having a very favorable view.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/nfl-favorability-ratings-cut-half-one-week/

Black Diamond
09-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Yeah no one cares. Non story. Lol.

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Yeah no one cares. Non story. Lol.

Almost as funny as "Clinton's don't lose elections" :laugh:

Black Diamond
09-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Be interesting to hear what happens Sunday.

NightTrain
09-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Almost as funny as "Clinton's don't lose elections" :laugh:

I still chortle evilly when I remember OCA on the day before running around here saying "Madame President".

Black Diamond
09-29-2017, 11:00 PM
I still chortle evilly when I remember OCA on the day before running around here saying "Madame President".
I do want that magazine.

jimnyc
10-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Slowly, teams/players are reversing their decisions, or moving forward.

--

America’s Team Again: Dez Bryant Announces the Cowboys Will Stand for the Anthem on Sunday, and for the Rest of the Season

Goodbye interlocked arms, farewell raised fists, and see you later bended knee. The Dallas Cowboys will have no further use for those things because, starting Sunday, the Cowboys will simply stand during the anthem for the rest of the season.

That’s the word coming from Cowboys wide receiver and team leader Dez Bryant, who told Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, that the Cowboys are done with anthem demonstrations.

“We’re going to stand, we’re going to stand and going to put our hand over our heart and we’re going to do what we did before,” Bryant said. “You all know what that was, that was just a response to Trump and that’s all that that was.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/30/americas-team-again-dez-bryant-announces-cowboys-will-stand-anthem-sunday-rest-season/

Black Diamond
10-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Other players have continued The horseshit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/01/nfl-protests-national-anthem-players-demonstrations-kneel-stand/721045001/

Black Diamond
10-01-2017, 01:27 PM
3 dolphins knelt for national anthem and rose for God save the queen.

https://www.aol.com/amp/2017/10/01/three-nfl-players-kneel-for-us-national-anthem-stand-for-british-anthem-during-saints-dolphins-london-game/

Abbey Marie
10-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Weird. I know someone who was at the London game, and she said the Dolphins all stood, and the Saints sat/knelt before the anthem, then stood for the anthem.

Black Diamond
10-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Weird. I know someone who was at the London game, and she said the Dolphins all stood, and the Saints sat/knelt before the anthem, then stood for the anthem.
Most of the dolphins stood. Not all

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/914491317635436544?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Black Diamond
10-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Most of the dolphins stood. Not all

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/914491317635436544?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Oh the 3 who were sitting for ours stood up for England's.

Black Diamond
10-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Friend says Score is Seattle 3, Indy 2. I was wondering if Seattle took a knee in the end zone to give Indiana 2 points.

aboutime
10-01-2017, 08:46 PM
http://youtu.be/qmqPjXZ17Q8

jimnyc
10-02-2017, 02:23 PM
20%? dream on! you're lucky to get 1%

Sunday, Monday, Sunday night, Thursday night. Some got bumps for the anthem drama.... but I think you underestimated how the American folks felt about this situation. Admit it Pete, admit it!! :)

Some small slips in ratings here and there, but mostly large drops in numbers - both compared to last year, and since the beginning of the season.

NFL Backlash: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Tank … Again

Another Sunday delivers more bad ratings news for a National Football League already imploding under the weight of its own strident and proven anti-Americanism. Last week, Sunday Night Football hit a new season low, and compared to last year, sunk a full 10 percent. This week, viewership for Sunday Night Football collapsed even further, down another five percent. Compared to this same week last year, viewership fell two percent.

Via Deadline: (http://deadline.com/2017/10/seahawks-win-sunday-night-football-ratings-down-nfl-nbc-1202180352/)

With a 11.0/19 in metered market results, last night’s SNF was down 5% from last week when the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10. As the league took another week-by-week ratings hit just a month into the 2017-2018 season, year-to-year, Sunday’s game was also down a bit from last year. Compared to the then season low of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 43-14 smackdown of the Kansas City Chiefs in primetime on October 2, 2016, last night’s SNF dipped 2% in the early numbers.

In the wake of the horror story coming out of Las Vegas, where early reports tell us a number of police officer have been killed or wounded while trying to save others, these ongoing NFL protests, which are in part targeted against police officers, might take on an entirely new dimension of outrage among a vast majority of Americans already disgusted with these millionaire crybabies and their petulant activism.

These NFL protests were not only invented by a former-player who wears “cop pig” socks, just last week Colin Kaepernick’s foundation donated $25,000 to an organization named after convicted cop killer Assata Shakur.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/02/nfl-backlash-sunday-night-football-ratings-tank/

Black Diamond
10-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Sunday, Monday, Sunday night, Thursday night. Some got bumps for the anthem drama.... but I think you underestimated how the American folks felt about this situation. Admit it Pete, admit it!! :)

Some small slips in ratings here and there, but mostly large drops in numbers - both compared to last year, and since the beginning of the season.

NFL Backlash: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Tank … Again

Another Sunday delivers more bad ratings news for a National Football League already imploding under the weight of its own strident and proven anti-Americanism. Last week, Sunday Night Football hit a new season low, and compared to last year, sunk a full 10 percent. This week, viewership for Sunday Night Football collapsed even further, down another five percent. Compared to this same week last year, viewership fell two percent.

Via Deadline: (http://deadline.com/2017/10/seahawks-win-sunday-night-football-ratings-down-nfl-nbc-1202180352/)

With a 11.0/19 in metered market results, last night’s SNF was down 5% from last week when the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10. As the league took another week-by-week ratings hit just a month into the 2017-2018 season, year-to-year, Sunday’s game was also down a bit from last year. Compared to the then season low of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 43-14 smackdown of the Kansas City Chiefs in primetime on October 2, 2016, last night’s SNF dipped 2% in the early numbers.

In the wake of the horror story coming out of Las Vegas, where early reports tell us a number of police officer have been killed or wounded while trying to save others, these ongoing NFL protests, which are in part targeted against police officers, might take on an entirely new dimension of outrage among a vast majority of Americans already disgusted with these millionaire crybabies and their petulant activism.

These NFL protests were not only invented by a former-player who wears “cop pig” socks, just last week Colin Kaepernick’s foundation donated $25,000 to an organization named after convicted cop killer Assata Shakur.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/02/nfl-backlash-sunday-night-football-ratings-tank/goes along with fans booing in left wing cities even. When players kneel.

Gunny
10-02-2017, 08:30 PM
As the 2017 NFL season got underway, an open letter written the year before by retired Marine Col. Jeffery Powers to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about players kneeling during the United States national anthem reappeared on social media:

Commisioner,
I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.
I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.
Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.
Now I watch multi millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!
You are complicit in this!
You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the morale courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this.
Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?
I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone? Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is ok? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multimillion dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applause those who have not.
Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.
They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do 24/7 often with lead,not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many do t have legs or arms. Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.
I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!
Time to change the channel.
Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC(ret)
more ...http://www.snopes.com/retired-marine-open-letter-nfl/