PDA

View Full Version : John McCain Says Donald Trump Never Apologized For 'Captured' Insult

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-26-2017, 11:23 AM
Politics
John McCain Says Donald Trump Never Apologized For 'Captured' Insult

Dominique Mosbergen
,HuffPost•September 25, 2017

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said President Donald Trump never apologized for saying he wasn’t a war hero.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said President Donald Trump never apologized for saying he wasn’t a war hero. But in a candid interview with “60 Minutes,” the veteran politician said “life is too short” to dwell on Trump’s disparagements.

McCain, who is battling an aggressive form of brain cancer, added that his recent opposition to Republicans’ attempts to repeal Obamacare had absolutely nothing to do with his troubled relationship with the commander-in-chief.
Related Searches
John Mccain 60 Minutes60 Minutes Interview With John MccainSen. John MccainTrump On MccainJohn Mccain War Record

“If I took offense at everybody who has said something about me, or disparaged me or something like that ― life is too short. You’ve gotta move on,” the 81-year-old told Lesley Stahl in an interview that aired Sunday.

McCain added if he had allowed a “personal relationship” to cloud his judgement on “an issue of this importance to the nation … then I’m not doing my job.”

Trump infamously said at a 2015 event in Iowa that McCain was “not a war hero” because he was “captured” during the Vietnam War. McCain endured torture and solitary confinement when he was a prisoner in Hanoi for five and a half years.

“I like people who weren’t captured,” said Trump, who was a presidential candidate at the time.

McCain told Stahl that the president never apologized for his inflammatory comments.

When asked if he would consider “rapprochement” with Trump, however, the senator ― who recently wrote an op-ed calling the president “poorly informed” and “impulsive” ― said he would be “glad to converse with him,” but noted that “we’re very different people” with “different upbringing … [and] life experiences.”

“He is in the business of making money and he has been successful both in television as well as Miss America and others,” McCain said of the president. “I was raised in a military family. I was raised in the concept and belief that duty, honor, country ... is the lodestar for the behavior that we have to exhibit every single day.”

McCain, who is undergoing chemotherapy and radiation, also opened up about his “poor” cancer prognosis, saying that doctors had not been optimistic about his odds of beating the disease.

“Some say 3 percent, some say 14 percent. You know, it’s a very poor prognosis,” he said.

McCain stressed, however, that he intends to continue doing his job as a senator and “at the same time, [celebrating] with gratitude a life well-lived.”

“I am more energetic and more engaged as a result of this [cancer diagnosis] because I know that I’ve got to do everything I can to serve this country while I can,” he said.

“I am more energetic and more engaged as a result of this [cancer diagnosis] because I know that I’ve got to do everything I can to
serve --(to betray)-- this country while I can,” he said.

I made a correction in that quote to bring truth to his damn lie..-Tyr

McCain, despite whatever he once was, has engaged in in a long-term deception and self-serving agenda by his allying with the dem party/libs far too many times for him to get respect from me.
A TURNCOAT PIECE OF SHIT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPELLED FROM THE REPUBLICAN PARTY DECADES AGO.
I find it amazing how these types of turncoat assholes , betraying pieces of shit -- always seem to hang in there the longest in order to do the most damage that they can.
I'd spit in his face were he in my yard.
And I feel sorry for anybody that can not see what a lousy (self-serving)piece of shit that he has turned himself into being..
Equally sorry for the ffing moronic voters that have kept this lying, corrupt windbag in power!-Tyr

jimnyc
09-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Would be a shame, or it appears it is becoming a shame, that he is going to go out with a bang - that bang being helping the Dem party as much as possible due to his hatred of Trump. Nevermind the thousands and thousands and thousands in his Arizona... he ain't got time for those people. :rolleyes:

Gunny
09-26-2017, 02:47 PM
By strict definition, being captured in and of itself does not make one a hero, nor does simply serving in the military. A hero's the guy that throws himself on a live grenade to save his fellow troops. Or basically acts to benefit others over and above the call of duty with no thought to self (some NFL players could take a lesson). The word "hero" has a meaning. I should say "had". It's thrown about like laundry nowadays.

As a Senator, McCain is a clusterf*ck from Hell. "RINO" was invented just for him and he gets ZERO respect from me for his disservice as a Senator.

jimnyc
09-26-2017, 03:05 PM
By strict definition, being captured in and of itself does not make one a hero, nor does simply serving in the military. A hero's the guy that throws himself on a live grenade to save his fellow troops. Or basically acts to benefit others over and above the call of duty with no thought to self (some NFL players could take a lesson). The word "hero" has a meaning. I should say "had". It's thrown about like laundry nowadays.

As a Senator, McCain is a clusterf*ck from Hell. "RINO" was invented just for him and he gets ZERO respect from me for his disservice as a Senator.

I'll admit to calling folks heroes quicker than perhaps necessary. But usually always of the military type, or someone who places their lives on the line or has.

Better than folks who call Kaepernick a hero, or Assata Shakur or other disgusting figures.

pete311
09-26-2017, 03:17 PM

Anyone who serves is a hero. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves hatin on a man just because he has different views. How will people talk about you on your death bed?

aboutime
09-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Anyone who serves is a hero. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves hatin on a man just because he has different views. How will people talk about you on your death bed?

petey. We calls 'em like we see's 'em. And I personally don't give a crap what anybody says about me on my death bed. I won't be hearing it, but I will be happy not to have to put up with people like you, and McCain.

Gunny
09-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Anyone who serves is a hero. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves hatin on a man just because he has different views. How will people talk about you on your death bed?Bullshit. I'm not a hero and resent being called one and/or the misuse of the word. It takes away from those that actually are heroes.

You lefties just learned one small lesson from the way you treated vets in Vietnam so suddenly "we support the troops" and "war hero" are the first words out of your mouths. Patronize someone else.

I'm not giving McLame any breaks because he's dying.

jimnyc
09-26-2017, 03:48 PM

And to those "heroes", the flag and our anthem mean a LOT, more than you or I will ever know or believe. Maybe thinking they are heroes, will and should show you why kneeling is the wrong approach in looking to affect social change.

pete311
09-26-2017, 04:12 PM
Bullshit. I'm not a hero and resent being called one and/or the misuse of the word. It takes away from those that actually are heroes.

You lefties just learned one small lesson from the way you treated vets in Vietnam so suddenly "we support the troops" and "war hero" are the first words out of your mouths. Patronize someone else.

I'm not giving McLame any breaks because he's dying.

Gunny, you're my hero.

jimnyc
09-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Gunny, you're my hero.

And you're my hero, Pete.

Free of charge, you feed me with comedy on a daily basis. Some places might charge for that, and going to a club to see a comedian would be very expensive. But right here in my computer room, in my chair, daily comedy.

Cheers :beer: :laugh:

Black Diamond
09-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Anyone? Even Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman ?

pete311
09-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Anyone? Even Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman ?

Heroic in their service yes

Black Diamond
09-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Heroic in their service yes
How come no one ever starts a sentence about either one of those men with "I love them for their service but..."

jimnyc
09-26-2017, 04:33 PM
How come no one ever starts a sentence about either one of those men with "I love them for their service but..."

I'm surprised that Pete acknowledges that George W. Bush was a hero, like his Dad.

pete311
09-26-2017, 04:37 PM

Maybe they should, not that you even know your statement to be true.

pete311
09-26-2017, 04:37 PM
I'm surprised that Pete acknowledges that George W. Bush was a hero, like his Dad.

Heroic in serivce

aboutime
09-26-2017, 04:41 PM
petey. About time you tell us about your Military experiences now???

Black Diamond
09-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Maybe they should, not that you even know your statement to be true.
They talk about who they killed, not their heroism. Timothy mcveigh too.

pete311
09-26-2017, 04:43 PM
I was a pretty good call of duty player

High_Plains_Drifter
09-26-2017, 04:47 PM
------------------- http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smiley-central-humor/4604.gif

Gunny
09-26-2017, 05:53 PM
What is this "heroic in service" bullshit? You mean being brilliant enough to sign on the dotted line and dumb enough to be stuck as a rifle range coach for 3 years makes you a f-ing hero?

Oswald was a disgrace to the uniform before he ever got out and contrary to popular belief, he was a sharpshooter on the range which is a mid-level shooter.

Whitman is a bit trickier depending on what you want to believe. He had a brain tumor. Whether or not that turned him into a nutcase is up for debate. He served honorably. His subsequent actions disgraced his service. He certainly was no hero (damned good shot though).