PDA

View Full Version : Interesting statements about future Obamacare

jimnyc
09-27-2017, 10:57 AM
Coming from Rand Paul.

---

Paul Predicts 'Big News' from White House Soon on Obamacare Tweaks

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), whose "no" vote was among the GOP dissent that kept the Graham-Cassidy bill to repeal and replace Obamacare from coming to the floor for a vote this week, predicted today that there are executive actions in the works to alter the Affordable Care Act.

"I think there is going to be big news from the White House in the next week or two of something they can do on their own. This is something I've been advocating for six months. I think it's bigger than Graham-Cassidy, it's bigger than any reform we've even talked about to date but hasn't gotten enough attention," Paul told MSNBC this morning.

"I believe that President Trump can legalize, on his own, the ability of individuals to join a group or a health association across state lines and buy insurance," he added. "This would give enormous leverage to bringing down prices. It would also give protection to individuals that feel left out, you know, hung out to dry, basically."

"If you and your spouse buy insurance by yourself and if your spouse gets sick, you'll be punished by the insurance industry. If these individuals can join large groups across state lines, I think they'll get protection, less expensive insurance and really it will solve a lot of the problems we have in the individual market. I think President Trump is going to do this on his own."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/09/27/paul-predicts-big-news-white-house-soon-obamacare-tweaks/

Gunny
09-27-2017, 12:46 PM
Coming from Rand Paul.

---

Paul Predicts 'Big News' from White House Soon on Obamacare Tweaks

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), whose "no" vote was among the GOP dissent that kept the Graham-Cassidy bill to repeal and replace Obamacare from coming to the floor for a vote this week, predicted today that there are executive actions in the works to alter the Affordable Care Act.

"I think there is going to be big news from the White House in the next week or two of something they can do on their own. This is something I've been advocating for six months. I think it's bigger than Graham-Cassidy, it's bigger than any reform we've even talked about to date but hasn't gotten enough attention," Paul told MSNBC this morning.

"I believe that President Trump can legalize, on his own, the ability of individuals to join a group or a health association across state lines and buy insurance," he added. "This would give enormous leverage to bringing down prices. It would also give protection to individuals that feel left out, you know, hung out to dry, basically."

"If you and your spouse buy insurance by yourself and if your spouse gets sick, you'll be punished by the insurance industry. If these individuals can join large groups across state lines, I think they'll get protection, less expensive insurance and really it will solve a lot of the problems we have in the individual market. I think President Trump is going to do this on his own."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/09/27/paul-predicts-big-news-white-house-soon-obamacare-tweaks/

Paul needs to get back to his 69 with Cruz and STFU. The fix was in his face and he voted against it. So what's this? Some attempt at "relax folks, I know what I'm doing?"