PDA

View Full Version : Kneeling to pray

jimnyc
09-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Good point by this article. HS teams all over the nation have had their prayers stopped. It wouldn't even be during the game. Like what a lot do, after games, players from both sides, voluntarily, would sometimes meet at midfield for a short prayer. You would see this sometimes in the NFL as well. But like I said, many many schools around the nation have put a halt to this. Can't have those folks kneeling in prayer - too damn disrespectful.

There have also been a small handful of teams, that I'm aware of, that took knees in protest during the anthem recently. And hell, one was a team of 8 year olds that I posted about.

But do something that others disagree with? NOPE! Not allowed.

---

Lankford: Can’t Say You’re Fired to Coaches Who Kneel in Silent Prayer, But Celebrate Players Who Kneel in Protest

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) said Monday that if NFL players are celebrated for kneeling during the national anthem, then so should high school coaches who kneel in prayer at the end of the game.

“We can’t say to one football coach you’re fired if you kneel in silent prayer at the end of the game, but to a player, if you kneel in protest to a game, you’re celebrated,” Lankford said.

During a press conference to announce proposed legislation to deal with Dreamers, illegal immigrants brought to the country by their parents, Lankford was asked to weigh in on the president’s call to boycott the NFL for players who refuse to stand during the national anthem.

“Obviously, individual Americans have the ability to be able to have free speech. Individuals can protest as they choose to and have free speech as they choose to. Businesses can choose to be able to act and react on that. I do have an issue that I have to tell you,” Lankford said.

“For whatever reason in America, if individual players kneel in protest at a football game, that’s seen as free speech. We do have high school coaches that have kneeled in silent prayer, and they’ve been fired,” he said.

“Now the First Amendment’s the First Amendment. It goes start to finish. We can’t say to one football coach you’re fired if you kneel in silent prayer at the end of the game, but to a player, if you kneel in protest to a game, you’re celebrated,” Lankford added.

“We gotta be able to determine where we are as Americans on that. If we’re gonna honor all free speech and all free exercise of religion, we need to be able to honor that universally,” he said.

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/sen-lankford-cant-say-youre-fired-coaches-who-kneel-silent-prayer

revelarts
09-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Neither should be a problem.
do you agree?

Black Diamond
09-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Neither should not be a problem.
do you agree?
If atheists want to boycott. Fine.

jimnyc
09-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Neither should not be a problem.
do you agree?

You are SUPPOSED to kneel when praying. You are SUPPOSED to stand when the flag is risen and the anthem is playing.

So no, I don't agree.

revelarts
09-27-2017, 03:37 PM
You are SUPPOSED to kneel when praying. You are SUPPOSED to stand when the flag is risen and the anthem is playing.

So no, I don't agree.

then you've got the double standard here was well Jim.
Seems many on the right and the left don't give a FLIP about constitutional freedom of speech or religion.
Seems neither wants to be "offended". And want the horrible transgressors thoroughly PUNISHED with loss of profession and the like.

Black Diamond
09-27-2017, 03:41 PM
then you've got the double standard here was well Jim.
Seems many on the right and the left don't give a FLIP about constitutional freedom of speech or religion.
Seems neither wants to be "offended". And want the horrible transgressors thoroughly PUNISHED with loss of profession and the like.
Point out where the first amendment guarantees you a job after you protest or say something the employer doesn't like.

revelarts
09-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Point out where the first amendment guarantees you a job after you protest or say something the employer doesn't like.

It doesn't and employers and others can be as UNAMERICAN as they like.. while they wave the flag.

Black Diamond
09-27-2017, 03:55 PM
It doesn't and employers and others can be as UNAMERICAN as they like.. while they wave the flag.
Yeah they can. But I get tired of hearing it's a first amendment issue. Otherwise I wouldn't have been in trouble for swearing at my computer at work.

revelarts
09-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Yeah they can. But I get tired of hearing it's a first amendment issue. Otherwise I wouldn't have been in trouble for swearing at my computer at work.

swearing (taking God's name in vain or otherwise) at your computer at work?!?!
What? WHA??? ! I'm Offended you should be FIRED and the president should get on TV and say ALL you disrespectful SOB's should not have jobs!
and anyone who disagrees or take God's name in his mouth without proper reverence must HATE God and all he stands for. and I have ZERO sympathy for ANYTHING they might say or think.

Black Diamond
09-27-2017, 04:13 PM
swearing (taking God's name in vain or otherwise) at your computer at work?!?!
What? WHA??? ! I'm Offended you should be FIRED and the president should get on TV and say ALL you disrespectful SOB's should not have job!
and anyone who disagrees or take God's name in his mouth without proper reverence must HATE God and all he stands for. and I have ZERO sympathy for ANYTHING they might say or think.
First time write up second time suspension third time gone. Sounds reasonable for the protestors given the limits to free speech that exist. And I called my computer a fucking whore.