PDA

View Full Version : Packers fans deny team request

jimnyc
09-28-2017, 01:53 PM
So much for the Packer fans not caring!! And like everywhere else, their fans are pissed at this crap.

--

Packlash!: Fans Enraged By Packer’s Request to Join Anthem Demonstration, Let Team Know They Want No Part of It

Sports teams ask a lot of their fans, especially in places like Green Bay. Where, depending on the time of year, a fan could get hypothermia while just sitting in his seat. However, one recent request the team has made of the Pack faithful has left fans feeling a little hot.

The Packers players, led by their quarterback Aaron Rodgers, issued a call to their fans to join them in interlocking arms during the national anthem. However, some fans have not taken kindly to the request. According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Packers Director of Public Affairs, Aaron Popkey, says fan reaction has been intense.

“We’ve had a steady stream of feedback beginning Monday morning and it continued into Wednesday. We’ve heard on both sides of the matter. We take note of their concerns.”

The fact that Popkey alludes to the “concerns” of the fans, would certainly lead one to believe that the “steady stream” of fan feedback has definitely tacked more negative, than positive.

The issue of anthem protests, already a hot-button issue, became an even bigger story after President Trump’s comments in Alabama last Friday night. Where, he referred to players who protested the anthem as “SOB’s,” and said he wished their team owners would fire them.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/28/packlash-fans-enraged-packers-request-join-anthem-demonstration-team-know-want-part-it/

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 02:49 PM
I knew it was bad when rabid Seahawk fans were turning games off.

Gunny
09-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Here's a tidbit of info that may or may not effect who wants what. The City of Green Bay, WI owns the team and the stadium. There is no "owner" per se. Smart move for many reasons if you as me.

And speaking of .... since when are stadiums public property? And not once since Kaeperdickless started this crap have I heard of or seen so much as a single permit to demonstrate. Thought that was required. Sounds like a reason to boot players and fans alike.

pete311
09-28-2017, 05:43 PM
I live in WI. This is a non story. No one is talking about it.

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 05:53 PM
You're full of shit. As usual.

NightTrain
09-28-2017, 06:09 PM

That's weird.

I have a ton of family in Rice Lake and Eau Claire, and they're all talking about it.

Kathianne
09-28-2017, 06:22 PM
That's weird.

I have a ton of family in Rice Lake and Eau Claire, and they're all talking about it.

and Pete posts on it near daily-sometimes several times. :laugh2:

aboutime
09-28-2017, 06:29 PM

Of course petey. Nobody is talking about it because YOU don't know anybody who wants to talk, or be around you. Your arrogant personality drives other humans away.

Gunny
09-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Of course petey. Nobody is talking about it because YOU don't know anybody who wants to talk, or be around you. Your arrogant personality drives other humans away.He's probably off watching the game. My tube is on America One News.

pete311
09-28-2017, 08:24 PM
He's probably off watching the game. My tube is on America One News.

Yup, full stadium

Gunny
09-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Yup, full stadiumThat's real hard to do in Green Bay :rolleyes: Probably got a full drive up at the Tastee Freeze too.

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 08:28 PM
Yup, full stadium
No one knelt on either side. None of the Bears knelt on Sunday so no change there but packers changed. And crowd chanted USA USA USA during it. Yeah no one cares.

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 08:28 PM
For the record I heard all this from a friend of mine. I haven't seen a game all year.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2017, 08:43 PM
TV here at Casa Russ is stone cold.

:saluting2:

Gunny
09-28-2017, 08:43 PM
For the record I heard all this from a friend of mine. I haven't seen a game all year.Daddy's little girl, the disabled Army vet and also pays the cable bill has decreed there will be NO NFL in her house. Period.

I think she's blowing smoke since none of us watch it anyway :)

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Daddy's little girl, the disabled Army vet and also pays the cable bill has decreed there will be NO NFL in her house. Period.

I think she's blowing smoke since none of us watch it anyway :)
Yeah see getting your legs jacked up for the colors and then these fuckheads won't stand for the flag. NFL is probably the n word at your house.

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 08:58 PM
TV here at Casa Russ is stone cold.

:saluting2:
Good.

Gunny
09-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Yeah see getting your legs jacked up for the colors and then these fuckheads won't stand for the flag. NFL is probably the n word at your house.She has quite the opinion as a matter of fact. I just asked if she heard about it. I guess she did. I don't think she was breathing while she was letting her opinion be known.

I like her. She reminds me of me :)

High_Plains_Drifter
09-28-2017, 10:35 PM
I live in WI too, and I didin't watch the game. As I've stated, I'm done, with it all. First I heard about this Packer stuff is here. I did however just watch the local news, and not one mention about kneeling. In fact, not one mention of the game at all... odd. But as mentioned before, the Packers are the only team in the NFL that is owned by the fans, so if they've pissed off fans, you're going to see a sell off of shares. They'll start to feel the heat immediately.

Packed stadium and no one cares as hyperbole Pete says... there's no indication of that one way or another.

I really don't give a damn anyway at this point. I'd love to see the whole freakin' mess go broke.

Black Diamond
09-28-2017, 10:44 PM
I live in WI too, and I didin't watch the game. As I've stated, I'm done, with it all. First I heard about this Packer stuff is here. I did however just watch the local news, and not one mention about kneeling. In fact, not one mention of the game at all... odd. But as mentioned before, the Packers are the only team in the NFL that is owned by the fans, so if they've pissed off fans, you're going to see a sell off of shares. They'll start to feel the heat immediately.

Packed stadium and no one cares as hyperbole Pete says... there's no indication of that one way or another.

I really don't give a damn anyway at this point. I'd love to see the whole freakin' mess go broke.
I'd love that as well. Be an interesting to hear what happens on Sunday.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-28-2017, 10:49 PM
I'd love that as well. Be an interesting to hear what happens on Sunday.
I'm usually up pretty early... I'll catch the local morning news, see if they say anything about Packers and kneeling.

Hyperbole Pete might lie about the situation here in Wisconsin, but I won't.

NightTrain
09-28-2017, 11:39 PM
I'm usually up pretty early... I'll catch the local morning news, see if they say anything about Packers and kneeling.

Hyperbole Pete might lie about the situation here in Wisconsin, but I won't.

In fairness, it probably wasn't the topic of conversation down at the Guyz n' Girlz Nail Salon. I think Petey's got a bit of a different drummer giving the cadence, if you catch my drift.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-29-2017, 04:55 AM
Well, two things I know from the fox and friends morning show, the Packers did not kneel, but they did lock arms and the fans in Green Bay were NOT happy. They held up signs saying, "protest on your own time, not my dime," and chanted USA. Several random people were interviewed and they said they thought what happened was disgusting. I would not be surprised now if you see fans selling off LIFE time tickets and shares to the team.

It's just weird that players are continuing this anti American garbage when they KNOW the VAST majority of fans are against it, and I mean REALLY against it, they hate it. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you. I hope the NFL goes broke. Not much they could do aside from MAKING the players stand and show the proper respect for our flag and national anthem that would make me watch it again.

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 08:02 AM
According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Packers Director of Public Affairs, Aaron Popkey, says fan reaction has been intense.

“We’ve had a steady stream of feedback beginning Monday morning and it continued into Wednesday. We’ve heard on both sides of the matter. We take note of their concerns.”

Apparently the Packers and the public affairs director disagree with you. Or, then again, maybe in Wisconsin everyone remains silent until they call and complain? :rolleyes:

Maybe no one is talking about it as it's obvious that you're really not a big NFL fan. It's a story EVERYWHERE. To deny makes no sense, even when the team you are watching states the opposite as you.

jimnyc
09-29-2017, 08:04 AM
In fairness, it probably wasn't the topic of conversation down at the Guyz n' Girlz Nail Salon. I think Petey's got a bit of a different drummer giving the cadence, if you catch my drift.

C'mon man, I just woke like 15 mins ago, just started sipping my coffee, I can't be cracking up this early!! Sorry, Pete, it IS funny, and you deserve for saying no one is talking about it. :thumb: