PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Academy chief condemns racists, tells them to "get out"

gabosaurus
09-30-2017, 12:38 AM
Notice that he didn't equivocate or say there was "good on both sides." :cool:

The superintendent of the US air force academy in Colorado Springs addressed a direct message to those who left racist graffiti at the academy’s preparatory school earlier this week.

“If you can’t treat someone from another race or a different color skin with dignity and respect then you need to get out,” said Lt Gen Jay Silveria, before encouraging the assembled academy of more than 4,000 cadets and staff to take out their phones and record him saying it again.

“You keep these words, and you use them, and you remember them, and you share them, and you talk about them,” Silveria said.

jimnyc
09-30-2017, 08:59 AM

What "both sides" were there that he was speaking of? Sounds to me like he properly addressed racism and a racist act. There's no "other side" to address or compare to.

There WERE 100% IN FACT good on both sides at Charlottesville. Many folks had no idea about any white supremacy going on and went with others who went to support "free speech". Those folks as well condemned the kkk and any white idiots. Then you had many a good folk on the left there to protest that weren't violent in the slightest bit.

Then you had scumbags on both sides, some violent on both sides. One idiot who went way too far and deserves life in prison. Maybe the kkk is the worst of the worst - but hardly changes the FACT that good folks showed up that day with good intentions. Then bad folks on both sides fucked it up for everyone.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-30-2017, 09:32 AM

I give respect where it is deserved and earned. Nobody gets an automatic pass with me due to skin color, political correctness and/or commands given me by others....
My personal code of honor and how I choose to treat others is not subject to the whims, fancies, political ideology or arrogance of others.
No race is all bad, no race is all good..
Yet truths about certain races and/or groups exist and are not to be ignored because PC slaves demand that.
TRUTH CAN NOT BE RACIST. So if what one says is truth-even if it shows a negative attribute to a group or a race--its not racist!

TRUTH STANDS ON ITS OWN.. I LIVE BY THAT AND NO HUMAN CAN SWAY ME INTO ABANDONING THAT WISDOM OR ACTING AS IF TRUTH IS BAD OR RACIST JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE DECIDED THE TRUTH REVEALS NEGATIVE THINGS...

ff- that and ff them.... not a damn PC bone in this man's body...--Tyr