PDA

View Full Version : Trump: Talking to 'Little Rocket Man' Is a 'Waste of Time'

jimnyc
10-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Trump: Talking to 'Little Rocket Man' Is a 'Waste of Time'

Amid Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's direct diplomatic negotiations with North Korea this weekend, President Donald Trump tweeted doubt diplomacy with "Little Rocket Man" is anything more than a "waste of time."

https://i.imgur.com/Za57Uxg.png

Tillerson has engaged in rare talks with the regime of North Korea's Kim Jung Un, who President Trump rebukes as "Rocket Man" for his unauthorized missile tests and nuclear weapons program.

President Trump's tweets Sunday morning suggest little has come in the way of progress as Secretary Tillerson is in Beijing, China. The Trump administration has called on China to help with negotiations, and sanctions, with North Korea.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-says-tillerson-talks/2017/10/01/id/816919/

Critics on Left and Right Slam Trump's 'Waste of Time' Rant

Twitter pounced on President Donald Trump’s Sunday tweets dismissing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s effort at direct talks to stop North Korea’s nuclear buildup, with condemnation coming from both the right and left.

Former Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol called Trump’s description of Tillerson’s efforts as a “waste of time” “remarkably foolish and irresponsible” and wondered if Tillerson’s resignation was on the horizon.

https://i.imgur.com/1SQUIVC.png

Former ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush tweeted “we would all be dead” had President John F. Kennedy responded similarly during the Cuban missile crisis.

https://i.imgur.com/Myt9Fkr.png

https://i.imgur.com/KpiZOjL.png

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/critics-slam-trump-nkorea/2017/10/01/id/816937/

Gunny
10-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Probably something that could have been left unsaid. IF Trump is trying to use Tillerson to see if something can't be done to calk the little guy down, throwing kerosene on the fire isn't exactly the way to go about it.

I seriously think and have thought for all the pointless meddling and nothingness our government does, perhaps they should try taking a SERIOUS look at the use of social media by government officials. In Trump's case I can give a half-hearted it's one of the few options he has to get past the MSM. I'd be supportive if his mouth didn't run like a trip hammer in 360 degrees of direction. He has caused a LOT of his own problems.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Ya know... I think Trump loves America, I think he's trying to drain the swamp, and I think he's up against a mountain of opposition, but some of the things he says I find VERY sophomoric. I've been able to get past most of it, but when he called Un "rocket man" while addressing the United Nations, basically addressing the WORLD, I found that to be just plain STUPID. I do believe there's a time and place for that. When he's at one of his raucous rallies and he's just throwing out red meat to fire people up, fine, but when you're addressing the nations of the world at the U.N., that's no place for idiotic, immature sounding name calling. I wish he'd knock that crap off and learn that there's a time and place for everything, and certainly a time and place when he needs to be PRESIDENTIAL.

pete311
10-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Ya know... I think Trump loves America, I think he's trying to drain the swamp, and I think he's up against a mountain of opposition, but some of the things he says I find VERY sophomoric. I've been able to get past most of it, but when he called Un "rocket man" while addressing the United Nations, basically addressing the WORLD, I found that to be just plain STUPID. I do believe there's a time and place for that. When he's at one of his raucous rallies and he's just throwing out red meat to fire people up, fine, but when you're addressing the nations of the world at the U.N., that's no place for idiotic, immature sounding name calling. I wish he'd knock that crap off and learn that there's a time and place for everything, and certainly a time and place when he needs to be PRESIDENTIAL.

First post where we have a semblance of agreement, but remember, Trump loves money. He's a salesman. Take anything he says or does at face value and you'll be his next sucker.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-03-2017, 08:00 AM
First post where we have a semblance of agreement, but remember, Trump loves money. He's a salesman. Take anything he says or does at face value and you'll be his next sucker.
You can say the same of any politician though, pete, they're all a bunch of lying, corrupt, two faced, greedy shit stains.

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 08:46 AM

You can say the same of any politician though, pete, they're all a bunch of lying, corrupt, two faced, greedy shit stains.

Pete sees suckers and lies and such - but is silent when it comes to Democrats and the threads started about them. He talks as if he doesn't like politicians lying or doing anything negative or unethical - but again, look at who he supports and who he never condemns or says a peep about.

Nothing about Hillary and other cheaters and liars through the entire election - none. Look at the Dems and their supporters today - hear anything about Menendez and his corruption? Folks like Pete don't care!

And speaking of - Bernie Sanders was asked if Menendez should resign if found guilty of corruption - and he couldn't answer that question. Now THAT is what I see when I see many democrats, and those that poke at Trump and his supporters.

pete311
10-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Pete sees suckers and lies and such - but is silent when it comes to Democrats and the threads started about them. He talks as if he doesn't like politicians lying or doing anything negative or unethical - but again, look at who he supports and who he never condemns or says a peep about.

Nothing about Hillary and other cheaters and liars through the entire election - none. Look at the Dems and their supporters today - hear anything about Menendez and his corruption? Folks like Pete don't care!

And speaking of - Bernie Sanders was asked if Menendez should resign if found guilty of corruption - and he couldn't answer that question. Now THAT is what I see when I see many democrats, and those that poke at Trump and his supporters.

You have this perception because you guys are so heavily one sided, it forces me to go heavily on the other side to try and bring some balance. This is the danger of political polarization. I'm neither a Clinton nor Bernie fan.

Gunny
10-03-2017, 09:03 AM

And speaking of - Bernie Sanders was asked if Menendez should resign if found guilty of corruption - and he couldn't answer that question. Now THAT is what I see when I see many democrats, and those that poke at Trump and his supporters.My point is that if we going to try diplomacy, then use it. Trump's off-color shots are not going to do anything but damage any such diplomacy because he is dealing with a egomaniac who has to one up the other guy. We can kick NKs ass into the Stone Age. Everyone in the world to include Kim knows it. Trump has nothing to prove and LOT of other problems to deal with.

One being, what is the point of having a 2-party government is Schumer can come out yesterday and say the Democrats are against any tax plan offered without even seeing one?

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 09:04 AM
You have this perception because you guys are so heavily one sided, it forces me to go heavily on the other side to try and bring some balance. This is the danger of political polarization. I'm neither a Clinton nor Bernie fan.

Look at the thread you are in, Pete. Unlike you, I'll post things about folks on the right that aren't pretty. I can list at least 10 republicans from the past year alone that have gotten blasted here, or altogether for their words/actions. That stuff pretty much never happens on the left.

Are you a democrat? Yes, you are. So you can't remain silent about everything bad, and then dismiss it by stating you ain't a fan. That should give you MORE reason to condemn unethical and illegal actions. Hell, I'm guessing you ain't a fan of Trump, but does that stop you from speaking out on things you see as wrong?

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 09:06 AM
My point is that if we going to try diplomacy, then use it. Trump's off-color shots are not going to do anything but damage any such diplomacy because he is dealing with a egomaniac who has to one up the other guy. We can kick NKs ass into the Stone Age. Everyone in the world to include Kim knows it. Trump has nothing to prove and LOT of other problems to deal with.

One being, what is the point of having a 2-party government is Schumer can come out yesterday and say the Democrats are against any tax plan offered without even seeing one?

Maybe so, maybe so. But we all know jack shit ain't happening over there, and if anything, it ain't Trump in the way. Those shitheads and goofy looking guy have been like this for a LONG time.

Trump SHOULD NOT have went public with those statements. But he's correct!

Gunny
10-03-2017, 09:12 AM
You have this perception because you guys are so heavily one sided, it forces me to go heavily on the other side to try and bring some balance. This is the danger of political polarization. I'm neither a Clinton nor Bernie fan.Lame. Two people (me being one) criticized Trump for what he is doing on a specific issue.

Works a lot better than that lefty mentality of if you're on the Right you're wrong. I'm on the right because you lefties have become a bunch of morons. The only actual party I ever belonged to was the Democratic Party. Jimmy Carter cured THAT momentary lapse of reason.

I don't like Trumps tax plan as it stands but you know what I don't like more? An idiot Democrat like Schumer not even will to look at whatever is put on the table, just a blanket "we'll vote against it". That's sure looking out for the best interest of the American people, isn't it?:rolleyes:

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Lame. Two people (me being one) criticized Trump for what he is doing on a specific issue.

Works a lot better than that lefty mentality of if you're on the Right you're wrong. I'm on the right because you lefties have become a bunch of morons. The only actual party I ever belonged to was the Democratic Party. Jimmy Carter cured THAT momentary lapse of reason.

I don't like Trumps tax plan as it stands but you know what I don't like more? An idiot Democrat like Schumer not even will to look at whatever is put on the table, just a blanket "we'll vote against it". That's sure looking out for the best interest of the American people, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Folks on the left, they like the candidates on the left and their plans more - as everything is free!! Taxes? No need for them, everything is free!! Need a stellar education? Go to Harvard, it's free!! And soon, since it's likely discrimination, anyone can go even if retarded.

Paying back? Why? I ain't got time for that!

Gunny
10-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Folks on the left, they like the candidates on the left and their plans more - as everything is free!! Taxes? No need for them, everything is free!! Need a stellar education? Go to Harvard, it's free!! And soon, since it's likely discrimination, anyone can go even if retarded.

Paying back? Why? I ain't got time for that!Odd how their "free" always costs more than anyone else's "free". Because along will come another Bill Cinton singing "someone's got to pay for this debt". The Dem's cater to the rich every bit as much as anyone on the right does. They just call it something different and explain it away to sheeple willing to buy off on it. The Clinton's and Soros don't look all that middle class to me.