PDA

View Full Version : From the mouth of a guy paid to protect the Seahawks...on Mike Bennett and kneeling

darin
10-03-2017, 02:43 AM
Spoke to a friend who is a sheriff of King County - his take below.

My comments in bold for context:

Mike Bennett is a big fat baby if he can't handle rough treatment under the circumstances; during an active shooter cops dont need to be soft and kind with suspicious people...

"Cops have to be suspicious in all situations, not just in an active shooter situation. The Seahawks have us helping check people and bags to keep out potential problems. The Seahawks are condemning the same people who are actively keeping them safe while they are doing their jobs.

Personally, I don't feel that they have any business taking a political stand on any issue during their work hours (play or practice). People pay to watch them play football, not talk politics or demonstrate. I believe that the kneeling before the national anthem, then standing for the anthem is much better than before, but still inappropriate. As long as they are allowed to continue doing this, then the Seahawks and the NFL are fully endorsing the players political viewpoints and are selling their political views. The reason I say this is because you are paying for a product. You can not view that product without viewing the political protest at the beginning of the game. Therefore, you are paying for the protest."