PDA

View Full Version : Trump ahead of Reagan's record in cutting regulations

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 01:24 PM
GOOD. Get rid of as many as humanly possible, and then maybe a few more.

What's really needed is a "reset" button and start over. And that means, hit the red button, and every regulation is gone, and every politician with more than 10 years of service get a hearty thank you, and then a big fat boot in the ass and out they go. Go retire with the money you barely earned, all you rat bastards.

--

Trump ahead of Reagan's record in cutting regulations

President Trump is keeping his promise to cut regulations and is on a course to top former President Reagan's record of slashing the mountain of red tape created by Jimmy Carter, according to two independent reports.

The Competitive Enterprise Institute said that Trump has issued 58 percent fewer major and costly regulations than former President Obama and slashed the Federal Register, the government's rule book, by 32 percent.

And American Action Forum said that the Trump administration has saved $560 million by cutting regulations and meeting its promise to eliminate two old rules for every new one.

"As the Trump Administration transitions into the new fiscal year and next phase of Executive Order 13,771, it can reasonably claim net regulatory savings of roughly $560 million under the EO's first phase. There have been some new regulatory costs, but activity on that front remains at a historically low level," said American Action's Dan Goldbeck.

CEI Vice President Clyde Wayne Crews added, "It took a few years for Ronald Reagan to achieve his ultimate, one-third reduction in Federal Register pages following Jimmy Carter's then-record Federal Register. So by this metric, Trump is moving much faster."

Rest - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-ahead-of-reagans-record-in-cutting-regulations/article/2636355

pete311
10-03-2017, 02:06 PM
GOOD. Get rid of as many as humanly possible, and then maybe a few more.

What's really needed is a "reset" button and start over. And that means, hit the red button, and every regulation is gone, and every politician with more than 10 years of service get a hearty thank you, and then a big fat boot in the ass and out they go. Go retire with the money you barely earned, all you rat bastards.

I know you want to free up the economy, but this sentiment is hyperbole right? You can't possibly think getting rid of every regulation is a good idea. I mean most of the time they were put there because of abuses.

aboutime
10-03-2017, 02:13 PM
I know you want to free up the economy, but this sentiment is hyperbole right? You can't possibly think getting rid of every regulation is a good idea. I mean most of the time they were put there because of abuses.

petey. First, get a list of all of the things you think should remain. Then tell us why they shouldn't be iliminated. Obama and the Dems OVERREGULATED almost everything in order to collect more money, hire more govt. workers, and duplicate the wasted spending. What do you have against any of that...other than your own Hyperbole here?

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 03:10 PM

Of course not all of them, but as many as possible, and of course the shitty ones go first.

Gunny
10-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Of course not all of them, but as many as possible, and of course the shitty ones go first.Here's my problem with all his buzzing around to and fro .... is he going to do anything that matters to ME? That affects ME? Puts money in MY pocket?

I already don't like his proposed tax plan which is irrelevant. It's not going to get through Congress. And he can cut regulations in this country all day every day for the rest of his term and never really do anything except clear up some of the muck. Meanwhile, AntiFa and BLM still run amok. The reactionary babies all want immediate confiscation of firearms. His doing nothing doesn't make them safe. He needs to ensure the safety of the Second Amendment. I want to see the NEOCONS on Congress not support that -- a staple issue of the Republican Party.

Obama had already wiped his ass with the Constitution countless times within the first year of his Presidency.

jimnyc
10-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Here's my problem with all his buzzing around to and fro .... is he going to do anything that matters to ME? That affects ME? Puts money in MY pocket?

I already don't like his proposed tax plan which is irrelevant. It's not going to get through Congress. And he can cut regulations in this country all day every day for the rest of his term and never really do anything except clear up some of the muck. Meanwhile, AntiFa and BLM still run amok. The reactionary babies all want immediate confiscation of firearms. His doing nothing doesn't make them safe. He needs to ensure the safety of the Second Amendment. I want to see the NEOCONS on Congress not support that -- a staple issue of the Republican Party.

Obama had already wiped his ass with the Constitution countless times within the first year of his Presidency.

Reducing them isn't meant to be a one stop fix all. It's just what it is, a reduction in regulations, a start, a great start.

The funny part, or sad part, is about those loudest about guns over the years, up til currently. The loudest are also the most ignorant about guns. Their knowledge about silencers. :rolleyes: They are still on the kick about the "AR-15" and how it's this lethal assault rifle, and 90% of them claim it's automatic. ANY gun that is scary to them is an assault weapon. So they want to make or alter law on guns and regulations, when they are clueless as to how they operate. :rolleyes: