PDA

View Full Version : How Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump, Jr., Avoided a Criminal Indictment

pete311
10-04-2017, 10:11 AM
How Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump, Jr., Avoided a Criminal Indictment

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-ivanka-trump-and-donald-trump-jr-avoided-a-criminal-indictment/amp

High_Plains_Drifter
10-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Excuse while I ----------------------- http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughter.gif

CSM
10-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Wow!! A verbose article about a whole lot of nothing....

pete311
10-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Wow!! A verbose article about a whole lot of nothing....

yeah nothing, except they were going to be charged and they weren't because of a donation.

CSM
10-04-2017, 10:44 AM
yeah nothing, except they were going to be charged and they weren't because of a donation.

That's what you got out of that article? Interesting.

Gunny
10-04-2017, 12:22 PM
That's what you got out of that article? Interesting.Sad, but true, Sergeant Major. mI saw where he was going before I almost fell asleep reading it,

He must've missed the part where the contribution was returned. And who reall cares what Trump's kids are doing anyway? Well, besides leftwingnuts who would defend any peep about Chelsea Clinton or Obama's little clones to the death. They weren't President. Apparently though, both Bush's and Trump's families were/are.

jimnyc
10-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Lameness.

The donation was sent back. Then the merits of the case weren't enough to support a criminal case. It's "possible" that those involved may have a civil lawsuit, if they lost money somehow as a result. But this type of case would be hard pressed to win. These types of shenanigans, unfortunately, happen quite often in the real estate industry.

Why didn't they post the emails, or did they and I missed the link? They're absolutely wrong if it's as written, but not as bad as they make it sound.

It's easy to simply write paragraphs to claim such "criminal" behavior occurred, when it's an opinion. It would be much more interesting if they post all of the evidence so that readers could further understand.

They didn't even hide it, they and the attorney stated basically what I did.

These attorneys had met with prosecutors in the bureau several times. They conceded that their clients had made exaggerated claims, but argued that the overstatements didn’t amount to criminal misconduct.

Little-Acorn
10-04-2017, 12:57 PM
How Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump, Jr., Avoided a Criminal Indictment

Umm... by doing nothing wrong.

What do I win?