PDA

View Full Version : Why you should have NO self-esteem

darin
10-05-2017, 07:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8XYmA_8-H4

Spot. On.

CSM
10-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Sounds like this guy has low self esteem....

A whole lot of semantics going on here.

pete311
10-05-2017, 08:08 AM
no self esteem is a self delusion. it's impossible. we are humans with complicated minds. no self esteem is called a ROBOT. dude looks and talks like a tool.

Kathianne
10-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Sounds like this guy has low self esteem....

A whole lot of semantics going on here.

What I know of Matt Welch, self-esteem isn't his problem. LOL!

The 'everyone gets an award' nonsense, I'm with him on that. Breathing is good, an award for existing not so much. ;) Seeing yourself as capable is important, an award will not bestow that. Having goals and meeting them, that is where a belief in abilities comes from, though it takes many successes for the belief in oneself to develop as a characteristic. Along the way, failures may happen multiple times, it's the positive belief through prior experiences that enables one to persevere and keep going until the goal is reached.

His example regarding math and just doing the homework, yeah, dad was helping with the self-discipline and perseverance development.

Self-discipline and perseverance are the two features of competent people. Again, one's self-perception of competence, even in the face of temporary failure, is what keeps one going on the task at hand.

pete311
10-05-2017, 08:13 AM
The 'everyone gets an award' nonsense, I'm with him on that. Breathing is good, an award for existing not so much. ;)

Actually existing at all is an amazing achievement. Very few piles of atoms get the opportunity to breathe. :)

darin
10-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Actually existing at all is an amazing achievement.

Especially in the days of Abortion on demand

Very few piles of atoms get the opportunity to breathe. :)

And doesn't it make NO sense that these piles of atoms have the opportunity to breathe, merely by accident? :)

pete311
10-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Especially in the days of Abortion on demand

And doesn't it make NO sense that these piles of atoms have the opportunity to breathe, merely by accident? :)

Not taking your bait. ;)