PDA

View Full Version : Time to release JFK assassination files?

jimnyc
10-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Well over 50 years. I'm sure they had a good reason to keep them closed so long, or do they? Without knowing what is hidden, we won't know if it's a valid reason or not! I think it's time though, IMO.

---

Release JFK Assassination Files, Senators Urge Trump

Calls for the release of remaining JFK assassination files were renewed again with a resolution to President Donald Trump by Senators Chuck Grassley and Patrick Leahy.

A statutory deadline for the release of the documents held by the National Archives and Records Administration comes on Oct. 26, the 25th anniversary of the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act, the publication Roll Call reported.

The resolution is being pushed by current Senate Judiciary chair Grassley and former chair Leahy, in a rare show of bipartisanship, noted Roll Call.

"Transparency in government is critical not only to ensuring accountability; it's also essential to understanding our nation's history," Grassley wrote in a statement on Leahy's website Wednesday. "The assassination of President Kennedy occurred at a pivotal time for our nation, and nearly 54 years later, we are still learning the details of how our government responded and what it may have known beforehand.

"Americans deserve a full picture of what happened that fateful day in November 1963. Shining a light on never-before-seen government records is essential to filling in these blank spaces in our history," he continued.

The JFK Assassination Records Collection Act, signed in 1992, mandated that all assassination-related material be housed in a single collection in the National Archives and Records Administration, according to its website. Most of the more than 5 million pages of assassination-related records, photographs, motion pictures, sound recordings and artifacts are open for research, the records administration states.

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/release-jfk-assassination-files/2017/10/05/id/817817/

Gunny
10-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Well over 50 years. I'm sure they had a good reason to keep them closed so long, or do they? Without knowing what is hidden, we won't know if it's a valid reason or not! I think it's time though, IMO.

---

Release JFK Assassination Files, Senators Urge Trump

Calls for the release of remaining JFK assassination files were renewed again with a resolution to President Donald Trump by Senators Chuck Grassley and Patrick Leahy.

A statutory deadline for the release of the documents held by the National Archives and Records Administration comes on Oct. 26, the 25th anniversary of the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act, the publication Roll Call reported.

The resolution is being pushed by current Senate Judiciary chair Grassley and former chair Leahy, in a rare show of bipartisanship, noted Roll Call.

"Transparency in government is critical not only to ensuring accountability; it's also essential to understanding our nation's history," Grassley wrote in a statement on Leahy's website Wednesday. "The assassination of President Kennedy occurred at a pivotal time for our nation, and nearly 54 years later, we are still learning the details of how our government responded and what it may have known beforehand.

"Americans deserve a full picture of what happened that fateful day in November 1963. Shining a light on never-before-seen government records is essential to filling in these blank spaces in our history," he continued.

The JFK Assassination Records Collection Act, signed in 1992, mandated that all assassination-related material be housed in a single collection in the National Archives and Records Administration, according to its website. Most of the more than 5 million pages of assassination-related records, photographs, motion pictures, sound recordings and artifacts are open for research, the records administration states.

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/release-jfk-assassination-files/2017/10/05/id/817817/While curiosity would like to see the files, Leahy's argument is dumb. Here's some news: JFK is dead. That "pivotal moment in history" is long gone. Don't these Congresscritters have a "here and now" they're WAY behind on?

aboutime
10-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Problem is. There are still TOO MANY Democrats alive who DO NOT WANT the truth to come out until AFTER they are gone. I suspect 50 years for some will be MUCH TOO SOON, considering all of the LIES, and GRAFT that has enabled so many Crooks in Washington.

Elessar
10-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Leave it the hell alone.

I was in 3rd grade back then. What is not known that has not been given?

Some people will just not accept 'ashes to ashes, dust to dust'.

Black Diamond
10-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald had a screw loose. Jack Kennedy, like the rest of his family, was reckless and took too many chances.

I think a lot of the coverup was done by RFK and later Teddy. Not that he thinks the government shot him, but to cover up embarrassing things about Jack.

Elessar
10-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald had a screw loose. Jack Kennedy, like the rest of his family, was reckless and took too many chances.

I think a lot of the coverup was done by RFK and later Teddy. Not that he thinks the government shot him, but to cover up embarrassing things about Jack.

I am not about to believe in conspiracies

Black Diamond
10-05-2017, 11:48 PM
I am not about to believe in conspiracies
Me neither.