PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Tillerson With Pompeo

jimnyc
10-06-2017, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't mind this. Tillerson has been weird, IMO, since he started in this position. And in the past few months there has been too much friction.

--

Trump Advisers Floating Idea of Replacing Tillerson With Pompeo

Some of President Donald Trump's advisers are talking about the idea of replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, Axios reports.

The idea follows an NBC News report that Tillerson had been on the verge of resigning over policy differences with Trump and had referred to the president as a "moron."

Tillerson has denied he had ever considered stepping down and his spokesperson said he never described Trump as a "moron," The Hill noted.

Still, the relationship between Trump and Tillerson is broken beyond repair, Axios reported. It described it as "toxic."

Axios says those close to Trump say the switch to Pompeo could be made without sparking chaos. And it noted Trump is comfortable working with the CIA director, and doesn't see him as a showboat, the website added.

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-advisers-floating-idea-replacing/2017/10/06/id/818076/

pete311
10-06-2017, 12:11 PM
What does a CEO of Exxon know about diplomacy? In any case, any Sec of State will be a lame duck with Trump.

jimnyc
10-06-2017, 12:56 PM
What does a CEO of Exxon know about diplomacy? In any case, any Sec of State will be a lame duck with Trump.

Let's compare to, ummm, Hillary Clinton!

Whether Tillerson or Pompeo, or even a monkey from the circus, they will outperform what we had previously.

I don't personally care for Tillerson, but I don't think he's done a bad job necessarily either. Sometimes changes are for the best.

pete311
10-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Let's compare to, ummm, Hillary Clinton!

Whether Tillerson or Pompeo, or even a monkey from the circus, they will outperform what we had previously.

I don't personally care for Tillerson, but I don't think he's done a bad job necessarily either. Sometimes changes are for the best.

I don't think Hillary was experienced for the job either so.... why bring her up other than to troll?

Black Diamond
10-06-2017, 02:22 PM
I don't think Hillary was experienced for the job either so.... why bring her up other than to troll?
Because you bash trump nonstop. This is the first you've said anything uncomplimentary about hillary? Just a guess.

jimnyc
10-06-2017, 02:31 PM

You're kidding, right? How about to show the entire picture, to show where folks stand on issues, what they rank as important and not important.

There is an investigation going on right now, and even you don't have an issue with where it goes. Hillary has been busted cheating several times. She was busted with sending confidential information across a private server, MANY times. Then there's the Clinton foundation, of where she collected money while she was SoS.

Sure, Pete, accuse others of trolling simply because you yourself were accused of the same, for good reason.

You spoke of diplomacy, and someone being a lame duck, as if these are things of concern to you. I think pointing out someones inconsistency over time is quite valid. She IS current news, and for all we know she is being investigated as well. And if not, she should be.

aboutime
10-06-2017, 02:35 PM
MORE FAKE NEWS! Trump will decide. Not anyone else.

pete311
10-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Because you bash trump nonstop. This is the first you've said anything uncomplimentary about hillary? Just a guess.

Totally false, I've claimed over and over to not be a fan of Hillary. However, I am less of a fan of Trump, that is true.

pete311
10-06-2017, 05:57 PM
You're kidding, right? How about to show the entire picture, to show where folks stand on issues, what they rank as important and not important.

There is an investigation going on right now, and even you don't have an issue with where it goes. Hillary has been busted cheating several times. She was busted with sending confidential information across a private server, MANY times. Then there's the Clinton foundation, of where she collected money while she was SoS.

Sure, Pete, accuse others of trolling simply because you yourself were accused of the same, for good reason.

You spoke of diplomacy, and someone being a lame duck, as if these are things of concern to you. I think pointing out someones inconsistency over time is quite valid. She IS current news, and for all we know she is being investigated as well. And if not, she should be.

So why are you not pissed at Sessions. He has the power for this.

aboutime
10-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Totally false, I've claimed over and over to not be a fan of Hillary. However, I am less of a fan of Trump, that is true.

petey. Do you have a special insurance plan you use daily to cover TRIPPING OVER YOUR TONGUE? You are no good at any talk, much less incoherent Double-talk from the DNC Playbook.

pete311
10-06-2017, 07:38 PM
wtf

"I don't know. I'm not a diplomat."
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson made that admission during a meeting with Russian and Iranian foreign ministers at the United Nations headquarters late last month.

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-rex-tillerson-quitting-trump-administration-russian-iranian-foreign-ministers-2017-10