PDA

View Full Version : Trump Expected to Decertify Iran Nuclear Deal

jimnyc
10-06-2017, 11:49 AM
I hope this is true.

--

Trump Expected to Decertify Iran Nuclear Deal

President Donald Trump is expected to announce soon that he will decertify the landmark international deal to curb Iran's nuclear program, a senior administration official said on Thursday, in a step that potentially could cause the 2015 accord to unravel.
Trump has been weighing whether the pact, which he has called an "embarrassment," serves U.S. security interests as he faces an Oct. 15 deadline for certifying that Iran is complying with it.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Trump is also expected to roll out a broader U.S. strategy on Iran that would be more confrontational. The Trump administration has frequently criticized Iran's conduct in the Middle East.

If Trump declines to certify Iran's compliance, U.S. congressional leaders would have 60 days to decide whether to reimpose sanctions on Tehran suspended under the agreement.

The Washington Post first reported Trump's plans to say that he will decertify the deal.

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-expected-iran-nuclear/2017/10/05/id/817954/

pete311
10-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Pretty much everyone around him is telling him to keep with it. Somehow Trump knows better.

NightTrain
10-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Pretty much everyone around him is telling him to keep with it. Somehow Trump knows better.

Are they? Who?

pete311
10-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Are they? Who?

Tillerson, Mattis, McMaster. Google search them, it's all over the news.

NightTrain
10-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Tillerson, Mattis, McMaster. Google search them, it's all over the news.

The stories I've read indicate they're on the same page.

Where are your stories? Let me guess, "Unnamed Sources", right?

jimnyc
10-06-2017, 01:05 PM

If he takes advice, it's because he has no balls and he has others pulling his strings and all other kinds of lame things. When he wants to make a strong decision, then he has no clue and isn't listening to advisers. The pattern of attacks on Trump are distinct, and hilarious at times!

And notice how he tells YOU to google, when he offers something. But if he disagrees with something, he'll still expect you to search for him!

NightTrain
10-06-2017, 01:11 PM
If he takes advice, it's because he has no balls and he has others pulling his strings and all other kinds of lame things. When he wants to make a strong decision, then he has no clue and isn't listening to advisers. The pattern of attacks on Trump are distinct, and hilarious at times!

And notice how he tells YOU to google, when he offers something. But if he disagrees with something, he'll still expect you to search for him!

Yeah, he doesn't have any legit backup. Soros gave him his marching orders on what to think, and that's that.

I still think it's funny that the leftist moonbats are so blindly obedient to possibly the most evil man on the face of the earth - and one who actually did participate in the Holocaust with the Nazis. But that's okay, apparently. Rich that they have the temerity to accuse anyone of being a Nazi when they actually serve one.

We live in strange times.

Black Diamond
10-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Everyone said he was going to lose on November 8.

Black Diamond
10-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Cnn is not unnamed. Lol.

jimnyc
10-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah, he doesn't have any legit backup. Soros gave him his marching orders on what to think, and that's that.

I still think it's funny that the leftist moonbats are so blindly obedient to possibly the most evil man on the face of the earth - and one who actually did participate in the Holocaust with the Nazis. But that's okay, apparently. Rich that they have the temerity to accuse anyone of being a Nazi when they actually serve one.

We live in strange times.

Yes, we do. :(

If Pete wanted to chime in, he should tell us WHY Trump would be wrong if he did this, and WHY this deal is good enough to stay the course with.

Then again, not a peep from him about the deal, the hidden $400 million that Obama lied about.

pete311
10-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Mr. Mattis told senators on Tuesday that it was in America’s interest to stick with the deal, which Mr. Trump has often dismissed as a “disaster.”

“Absent indications to the contrary, it is something that the president should consider staying with,” Mr. Mattis told members of the Senate Armed Services Committee after being repeatedly pressed on the issue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/world/middleeast/mattis-iran-deal-trump.html

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson acknowledged on Tuesday that he and President Donald Trump disagree over the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, and said the two men discuss how to use the international agreement to advance administration policies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tillerson-iran/tillerson-says-he-and-trump-disagree-over-iran-nuclear-deal-idUSKBN1AH5E7

H.R. McMaster, President Donald Trump’s embattled national security adviser, hinted to a small group of Democratic senators that he opposes the drive to decertify the Iran nuclear deal, according to two sources familiar with the meeting who spoke to CNN.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/10/05/mcmaster-vs-trump-embattled-adviser-reportedly-hinted-to-top-democrats-he-opposes-presidents-iran-deal-policy/

aboutime
10-06-2017, 05:58 PM
http://fortune.com/2016/09/07/us-iran-billion-hostages-arms-deal/

After the controversial first $400 million planeload of cash.

By Ian Mount Sep 7th, 2016 5:26 AM ET
The controversial $400 million payment that the U.S. sent to Iran in January, just as four American hostages were released—a planeload of Euros, Swiss Francs and other currencies—was only the first of three American cash deliveries to the country, the Obama administration reportedly told lawmakers on Tuesday.

Gunny
10-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Mr. Mattis told senators on Tuesday that it was in America’s interest to stick with the deal, which Mr. Trump has often dismissed as a “disaster.”

“Absent indications to the contrary, it is something that the president should consider staying with,” Mr. Mattis told members of the Senate Armed Services Committee after being repeatedly pressed on the issue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/world/middleeast/mattis-iran-deal-trump.html

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson acknowledged on Tuesday that he and President Donald Trump disagree over the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, and said the two men discuss how to use the international agreement to advance administration policies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tillerson-iran/tillerson-says-he-and-trump-disagree-over-iran-nuclear-deal-idUSKBN1AH5E7

H.R. McMaster, President Donald Trump’s embattled national security adviser, hinted to a small group of Democratic senators that he opposes the drive to decertify the Iran nuclear deal, according to two sources familiar with the meeting who spoke to CNN.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/10/05/mcmaster-vs-trump-embattled-adviser-reportedly-hinted-to-top-democrats-he-opposes-presidents-iran-deal-policy/Doesn't really matter what they say, actually. The deal is an embarrassment and unnecessary since I ran was already pursuing nuclear power with or without permission and will continue to with or without permission.

The deal is a red herring. There was never a need for it anyway beyond a pompous, self-aggrandizing swirl for a President trying to get his name in another history book. The Iranians laughed at his ass all the way back to their reactors.

mundame
10-07-2017, 08:12 AM
I tried to like the Iran deal from the point of view that diplomacy is always mainly about delay. Delaying war, other bad stuff. So they were delaying Iran's nuking up for ten years, kicking it down the road. Sometimes that works ---- we never did have a nuclear war with Russia (so far); we delayed till they fell apart in 1991.

But no. It is a crumby deal, struck because people didn't want to continue the blockade (sanctions, modern variety).

I suppose Trump will delay this announcement until he needs it --- after they do some bad thing, for instance, or if he wants to involve them in a war with North Korea, which would make sense. His pacing is masterful. Every week a big announcement, and whenever he needs or we need a distraction from the obsessing of a current news cycle.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Trump is also expected to roll out a broader U.S. strategy on Iran that would be more confrontational.

Well, I guess that means no more pallets of money snuck in under the cover of darkness for Iran.

I'm 62 years old. Eisenhower was president when I was born. In my life I can't recall a more radical, inexperienced, anti American POS president in my life time than Barry, the little lop eared, purple lipped magic negro muslim kenyan boi king... ya, I hate his filthy guts... you might have gathered that.:salute:

I hope president Trump does ditch this deal... it is an embarrassment, as is 99.9% of everything Barry did, and every time the gigantic dog turd opened his nasty suck hole.

Gunny
10-07-2017, 04:03 PM
I tried to like the Iran deal from the point of view that diplomacy is always mainly about delay. Delaying war, other bad stuff. So they were delaying Iran's nuking up for ten years, kicking it down the road. Sometimes that works ---- we never did have a nuclear war with Russia (so far); we delayed till they fell apart in 1991.

But no. It is a crumby deal, struck because people didn't want to continue the blockade (sanctions, modern variety).

I suppose Trump will delay this announcement until he needs it --- after they do some bad thing, for instance, or if he wants to involve them in a war with North Korea, which would make sense. His pacing is masterful. Every week a big announcement, and whenever he needs or we need a distraction from the obsessing of a current news cycle.Why delay? Delay works in Iran's favor, not ours. Delay is one of our WORST weaknesses. We allow enemies to build themselves up until they actually ARE a threat and then it takes more bodies and time to finally stop them.

There is NOTHING good in any way, shape nor form in a deal with a country run by a theocracy hostile to anyone not Shia. calls the US the "Great Satan", supports terrorist organizations openly, and is openly bent on the destruction of Israel. Giving them time to develop more weapons is not in our best interest.