advance. They are incredible

creatures!

Simply said, a good ol' hound dog

just KNOWS when something isn't

right....

when impending doom is upon us........

nevadamedic
08-12-2007, 06:32 AM
AMES, Iowa (CNN) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney won the Iowa Republican straw poll Saturday and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee had a surprise second place showing, giving both presidential candidates a boost six months before the state holds its first-in-the-nation caucuses.

Romney received 4,516 votes to Huckabee's 2,587, while Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback came in third place with 2,192 votes of the 14,302 ballots cast. (See full results below)

But Romney's victory was slightly overshadowed by Huckabee, low turnout by GOP activists and the absence of several opponents. Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson chose not to invest the financial resources needed to win the contest. Still, their names appeared on the ballot and all received votes.

"It is a win," David Yepsen, political columnist with The Des Moines Register, said of Romney. "But it is somewhat shallow, because his big opponents didn’t show up.

"What does it mean to get in the ring and your opponents don’t even show up," added Yepsen, who is considered the dean of the Iowa political press corps.

Full Story............
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

This is not a good sign. I don't want either of the two people who won to get the nomination. It is interesting how Tancredo jumped into 4th place and was only behind by around six hundred votes. That just goes to show you that they really didn't win by much. I can understand why a few Candidates didn't put money or resources into this poll as it really is useless.

red states rule
08-12-2007, 06:35 AM
NH and South Carolina will decide who faces Hillary in 08

The dog has already cast his vote against Hillary