PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones - we will respect flag - or players will sit

jimnyc
10-09-2017, 10:38 AM
That's the owner of the Dallas Cowboy's take on kneeling during the anthem/flag. Now, keep in mind, he was just kneeling with his team a week ago, arm in arm, but they did so prior to the anthem. So it's not like this guy is inhuman. He supports his players and what they believe - but he wants to respect America and our flag as well.

Not good enough for some. Some will applaud those kneeling, perhaps even Jerry Jones - but now say what he did? How dare he!

This twit wants to now boycott advertisers - but because of Jones. That's what offends her. :rolleyes:

--

Jemele Hill Wants Fans To Boycott NFL Advertisers

ESPN pundit Jemele Hill wants fans to boycott the sponsors of the Dallas Cowboys following remarks from owner Jerry Jones.

Jones said Sunday that he will bench players who refuse to stand for the national anthem, and apparently that didn’t sit too well with Hill.

“Change happens when advertisers are impacted. If you feel strongly about JJ’s statement, boycott his advertisers,” she tweeted in part late Sunday night after his comments.

https://i.imgur.com/ASlU1GO.png

Not sure how happy ESPN management will be with an employee telling NFL fans to boycott NFL related sponsors, given the fact that ESPN needs the NFL to stay alive.

The NFL is the biggest crutch keeping ESPN alive. If the NFL cuts ties, which would be reasonable if the network’s employees start calling for a boycott, ESPN would be in massive trouble.

Hill also infamously called President Trump a white supremacist.

https://i.imgur.com/lyFEBZU.png

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/09/jemele-hill-wants-fans-to-boycott-nfl-advertisers/

LongTermGuy
10-09-2017, 04:10 PM
https://cdn1.ijr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/GettyImages-848528002-e1507513829434.jpg

Good...Its about money and respect for "Americans"...He starting to get it...

Most are starting to understand..."the Cause"...is an agenda driven Big Lie....

Gunny
10-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Jerry Jones can mess with Jerry Jones' money (by never hiring good defensive talent or sending his good defensive talent packing), but no one else better try it. It is ALL about the Benjamins to him.

Black Diamond
10-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Jerry will gain enough fans by the stand he took. Cowboys' merchandise will be selling quicker now.

LongTermGuy
10-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Jerry will gain enough fans by the stand he took. Cowboys' merchandise will be selling quicker now.

A smart thinking business man who understands the Game...and the "American" people
http://www.swurvradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/jerry-jones-gotime.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
10-10-2017, 04:28 AM
Don't doubt for a second that the NFL hasn't suffered huge from this crap already, and they're scrambling to find out how to contain it. Of course most owners think that siding with the players is the right thing to do, they've spent huge money on them. Problem is the money they spent on them came from the paying public, of whom they're pissing in their face.

This won't end well if it keeps up, and if the players think that locking arms or arms over each other shoulders or whatever is going to end it, they're wrong. It's like, well so I was giving you the finger with my right hand, so I'll use my left, ok you don't like that, I'll use my middle toe... same shit. Everyone knows its the SAME... SHIT.

Viewership is way down, and the little black broad on ESPN is just fanning the flames even harder. It won't end well.

Mark my words... people are pissed off... this kind of stuff is ALL OVER youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KptVEY75hQ

Kathianne
10-10-2017, 04:30 AM
Don't doubt for a second that the NFL hasn't suffered huge from this crap already, and they're scrambling to find out how to contain it. Of course most owners think that siding with the players is the right thing to do, they've spent huge money on them. Problem is the money they spent on them came from the paying public, of whom they're pissing in their face.

This won't end well if it keeps up, and if the players think that locking arms or arms over each other shoulders or whatever is going to end it, they're wrong. It's like, well so I was giving you the finger with my right hand, so I'll use my left, ok you don't like that, I'll use my middle toe... same shit. Everyone knows its the SAME... SHIT.

Viewership is way down, and the little black broad on ESPN is just fanning the flames even harder. It won't end well.

Mark my words... people are pissed off... this kind of stuff is ALL OVER youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KptVEY75hQ

Ok. This improves the country how?

High_Plains_Drifter
10-10-2017, 04:32 AM
Ok. This improves the country how?
OK... this about the country how?

Kathianne
10-10-2017, 04:40 AM
OK... this about the country how?

Be damned if I know, so why is it such a topic regarding the VP's appearance? Why is it tweeted about by the President nearly every day for nearly a month now? Why are some folks seeing it as a statement regarding 'the troops'; the 'flag'; the 'country?'

Overpaid athletes that have been coddled from at least puberty because of a gift are not usually all that well developed regarding social issues or much else beyond their sport. Yet, that is where much attention, if not time, many of our elected leaders are spending their focus.

IMO, there is very little substance on the topic or its meaning, beyond as a shiny object for those who want to call a 'win.'

High_Plains_Drifter
10-10-2017, 04:53 AM
Why are some folks seeing it as a statement regarding 'the troops'; the 'flag'; the 'country?

Well, darned if I know... but I'd take just a wild shot in the dark and say it's because they're spitting on the flag and the national anthem... ya think?

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Be damned if I know, so why is it such a topic regarding the VP's appearance? Why is it tweeted about by the President nearly every day for nearly a month now? Why are some folks seeing it as a statement regarding 'the troops'; the 'flag'; the 'country?'

Overpaid athletes that have been coddled from at least puberty because of a gift are not usually all that well developed regarding social issues or much else beyond their sport. Yet, that is where much attention, if not time, many of our elected leaders are spending their focus.

IMO, there is very little substance on the topic or its meaning, beyond as a shiny object for those who want to call a 'win.'

A fan burning their stuff doesn't need to be good for the country, or compare to the VP going to a game, or the Prez tweeting about it. The administration is simply showing their displeasure with the disrespect, and the fans do so in their own way.

I think millions are offended, and those folks are supporting any of that, just as owners have supported their players in various ways.

I don't have an issue with any message the players have, my only issue is with WHEN they choose to show their discontent with how things are. And I also think their intended message is completely lost over all of this.

I don't think showing support for a group means the intent is to do something to the nation, negatively or positively. In fact, I think someone can almost take both sides. Both sides have valid discussions to be had. The president and VP and doing/saying what half the nation is saying/doing, for better or worse.

They should take this away from what some find disrespectful. Whether that's their intent or not, now they know it IS offensive to so many. ----- Have conferences to reach out to people. Man, I would proudly listen, and go out of my way to listen, and even applaud ahead of time at their decision to adapt and reach out in a different manner. But offending just to get attention? No justice no peace to get attention? Rioting to get attention? None of these things work.