PDA

View Full Version : Trump unveils new strict 70-point immigration enforcement plan

NightTrain
10-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Progress.

I don't like the way the current illegals are being used as a bargaining chip to pass the rest of it - in my mind they all need to go. Come back and do it the right way like everyone else had to.

However, there are too many timid politicians unwilling to take such a stand, so the lesser of 2 evils of giving them their own special path to citizenship is the obvious choice in finally getting a handle on the problem.

I would prefer removing McCain, Ryan, Graham and the others obstructing a by-the-book approach - but that is also a dangerous move that could allow a democrat to slip in without the GOP incumbent advantage.

Still, this can be modified after the 2018 midterms which is shaping up to be a real thumping for surviving democrats and a supermajority might lend the lacking courage to do what's right.

Determined to finally solve illegal immigration, the White House submitted a 70-point enforcement plan to Congress Sunday proposing the stiffest reforms ever offered by an administration — including a massive rewrite of the law in order to eliminate loopholes illegal immigrants have exploited to gain a foothold in the U.S.

The plans, seen by The Washington Times, include President Trump’s calls for a border wall, more deportation agents, a crackdown on sanctuary cities and stricter limits to chain migration — all issues the White House says need to be part of any bill Congress passes to legalize illegal immigrant “Dreamers” currently protected by the Obama-era deportation amnesty known as DACA.

But the plans break serious new ground on the legal front, giving federal agents more leeway to deny illegal immigrants at the border, to arrest and hold them when they’re spotted in the interior, and to deport them more speedily. The goal, the White House said, is to ensure major changes to border security, interior enforcement and the legal immigration system.

“Anything that is done addressing the status of DACA recipients needs to include these three reforms and solve these three problems,” a senior White House official told The Times. “If you don’t solve these problems then you’re not going to have a secure border, you’re not going to have a lawful immigration system and you’re not going to be able to protect American workers.”

All told, the list includes 27 different suggestions on border security, 39 improvements to interior enforcement and four major changes to the legal immigration system.

More : http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/8/trump-send-70-point-immigration-enforcement-list-c/

High_Plains_Drifter
10-09-2017, 02:24 PM
I hope "stricter limitations on chain migration" includes doing away with anchor babies.

LongTermGuy
10-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Progress.

I don't like the way the current illegals are being used as a bargaining chip to pass the rest of it - in my mind they all need to go. Come back and do it the right way like everyone else had to.

However, there are too many timid politicians unwilling to take such a stand, so the lesser of 2 evils of giving them their own special path to citizenship is the obvious choice in finally getting a handle on the problem.

I would prefer removing McCain, Ryan, Graham and the others obstructing a by-the-book approach - but that is also a dangerous move that could allow a democrat to slip in without the GOP incumbent advantage.

Still, this can be modified after the 2018 midterms which is shaping up to be a real thumping for surviving democrats and a supermajority might lend the lacking courage to do what's right.

More : http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/8/trump-send-70-point-immigration-enforcement-list-c/

Agree they "all" need to go....and that aint an easy thing to make happen...with the Rhinos ...never Trumpers and Leftist who... "need" the Illegal Parasites...Trump gotta do what he Gotta do....`For now....`