PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Documents Show Trump Jr. Meeting - Nothing to do with Clinton

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Another shocker?

---

CNN: Documents Show Trump Jr. Meeting Had Zero to Do With Dirt on Clinton

The controversial June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between Russians, Donald Trump Jr. and others was indeed about the Magnitsky Act, not dishing dirt on Hillary Clinton, CNN reported.

Documents provided to CNN back Trump Jr.'s account — and that of Jared Kushner — that the meeting was insignificant and a waste of their time.

An attorney for the Russian billionaire who requested the meeting provided the documents to CNN, and suggested the mixup originated with the publicist who brokered the meet and greet with Trump Jr., Kushner and other members of President Donald Trump's campaign.

The attorney, Scott Balber, told CNN that the publicist, Rob Goldstone, "probably exaggerated and maybe willfully contorted the facts for the purpose of making the meeting interesting to the Trump people."

Rest - http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/documents-donald-trump-jr-meeting-hillary-clinton/2017/10/09/id/818611/

pete311
10-10-2017, 09:23 AM
A Russian lawyer provided documents. All we needed to know. Next!

NightTrain
10-10-2017, 09:32 AM

Why, Petey, it wasn't that long ago that you were almost orgasmic with the thought of this incident being your Holy Grail to impeach Trump!

What happened to all that?

pete311
10-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Why, Petey, it wasn't that long ago that you were almost orgasmic with the thought of this incident being your Holy Grail to impeach Trump!

What happened to all that?

Don't ever address me with the word orgasmic again :laugh:

I'm letting the mueller investigation do it's thing. Until it's complete there is little to discuss.

NightTrain
10-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Don't ever address me with the word orgasmic again :laugh:

I'm letting the mueller investigation do it's thing. Until it's complete there is little to discuss.

Keep me posted, Petey.

There's gotta be something there. There has to be. We can't let Maxine down, can we?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10919&stc=1

Black Diamond
10-10-2017, 10:02 AM
funny Pete was mad at pence for wasting taxpayer money for an "exercise in futility" in Indiana. Yet he wants this ridiculous investigation to continue. I wonder which exercise will cost more.

Pondering.

NightTrain
10-10-2017, 10:17 AM
funny Pete was mad at pence for wasting taxpayer money for an "exercise in futility" in Indiana. Yet he wants this ridiculous investigation to continue. I wonder which exercise will cost more.

Pondering.

No worries.

Proggies can always fall back on Trump University.

And when that doesn't materialize they'll just focus on corrupting GOP delegates in 2020. Good times will be had.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10920&stc=1

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 10:26 AM

You can easily dismiss it - but the issue here is what the response originally was, and the accusations leveled. And as it becomes clearer and clearer, just like every other issue brought up about Russia, then the media needs to be corrected and pointed out. They don't care though, they'll just find another angle to repeat the same crap 3 weeks from now.

And the problem, with more and more stories being debunked, and more folks stating no need to discuss that, just wait until the investigation is completed. But then every little story that comes around to trash Trump or his administration, it too will be pounced on, even if the same subject, and the same crap some say wait on.

And while I too will wait and look forward to the results - thus far I haven't seen jack shit really from anyone at all. But with the efforts being given, I'm sure something, anything, will be found, one someone, anyone. :)

pete311
10-10-2017, 11:23 AM
And while I too will wait and look forward to the results - thus far I haven't seen jack shit really from anyone at all. But with the efforts being given, I'm sure something, anything, will be found, one someone, anyone. :)

You expect the special investigation to give weekly updates on their progress?

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Nope. But there have been leaks and talk about everything from the day he was elected. I would assume an awful lot of his investigation will cover such things, but admittedly much more. And then we have the SIC, of which even all democrats involved, or upon visiting to be briefed and/or go over all documentation, clearly state that there is nothing. And to be clear, I'm speaking of Russia, or any type of collusion.

Then of course it carried over to Trump Jr., and the same has been said there, nothing.

Now, of course Mueller is probably diving deeper, and on a billion other subjects, but it's not like the SIC won't have access to anything/everything related to Russia or any type of intelligence. And again, nothing there.

But I'm speaking about what the investigation was supposed to be about, Russia and/or any type of collusion.

pete311
10-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Now, of course Mueller is probably diving deeper, and on a billion other subjects, but it's not like the SIC won't have access to anything/everything related to Russia or any type of intelligence. And again, nothing there.

But I'm speaking about what the investigation was supposed to be about, Russia and/or any type of collusion.

Do you have proof the investigation is working on issues unrelated to Russia?

Black Diamond
10-10-2017, 12:12 PM
How about an annual one? Oh yeah they have nothing.

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Nothing that would be accepted as "proof", just media stories, the same thing that everyone ran on prior to Mueller investigating.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, and when the report is completed and final, we'll see it is solely 100% about Russia. But as they were slowly bringing in attorney after attorney, some stories were talking about said attorneys, their specialties and likely why they were brought aboard.

I just hope they put it to bed before long. I don't know specifics, so I have no idea why the length or when it may be completed. But if there IS anything of importance, any collusion or direct involvement, and someone may still be in office somewhere, then this isn't something that they should be going slow with, such a person should, IMO, get immediate removal from our government, and of course charges brought forth. I wouldn't see it as wise to have been allowing someone to be in our government for so long if they did perhaps commit such a crime.

pete311
10-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Nothing that would be accepted as "proof", just media stories, the same thing that everyone ran on prior to Mueller investigating.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, and when the report is completed and final, we'll see it is solely 100% about Russia. But as they were slowly bringing in attorney after attorney, some stories were talking about said attorneys, their specialties and likely why they were brought aboard.

I just hope they put it to bed before long. I don't know specifics, so I have no idea why the length or when it may be completed. But if there IS anything of importance, any collusion or direct involvement, and someone may still be in office somewhere, then this isn't something that they should be going slow with, such a person should, IMO, get immediate removal from our government, and of course charges brought forth. I wouldn't see it as wise to have been allowing someone to be in our government for so long if they did perhaps commit such a crime.

Russia is sophisticated. They don't lay their plans out to be discovered easily. It takes time to connect the dots.

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Russia is sophisticated. They don't lay their plans out to be discovered easily. It takes time to connect the dots.

I'd like to think, especially knowing the possibility that someone may be in office with access to confidential information. That in this amount of time thus far, that they would at least know if they have a guilty party in office or not. I understand it's complicated, not minimizing anything... but the potential of what I'm pointing out could be beyond huge.

pete311
10-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I'd like to think, especially knowing the possibility that someone may be in office with access to confidential information. That in this amount of time thus far, that they would at least know if they have a guilty party in office or not. I understand it's complicated, not minimizing anything... but the potential of what I'm pointing out could be beyond huge.

Not know hardly anything about the investigation I don't know how you can conclude anything about what proper time should be. You get paranoid on too many maybe's. Let the investigation run and when concluded form your judgement otherwise you look like you look like you're trying to protect people who might have something to hide.

jimnyc
10-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Not know hardly anything about the investigation I don't know how you can conclude anything about what proper time should be. You get paranoid on too many maybe's. Let the investigation run and when concluded form your judgement otherwise you look like you look like you're trying to protect people who might have something to hide.

Protect people? That's what you got out of what I wrote? :laugh:

Dude, if there is someone in the Trump admin that is guilty - I want them OUT, and OUT ASAP, not a year from now, when they could have potentially done damage by then or collected information or who knows what.

And me wanting someone out, if they see someone guilty as I stated, me wanting them out - you take that as I want to protect someone?

I'm MORE than convinced, especially with yesterday's response you made to me in another thread. I'm MORE than convinced that a lot of liberals simply see and hear what they want to, and then make up the rest as they go along. :rolleyes:

aboutime
10-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Okay petey. I'll sound just like you, and liberals who use the question, instead of an answer tactic. Do you have proof the investigation ISN'T working on issues unrelated to Russia???

You seem to pretend you are the sole expert on such things...PROVE IT!

pete311
10-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Protect people? That's what you got out of what I wrote? :laugh:

Dude, if there is someone in the Trump admin that is guilty - I want them OUT, and OUT ASAP, not a year from now, when they could have potentially done damage by then or collected information or who knows what.

And me wanting someone out, if they see someone guilty as I stated, me wanting them out - you take that as I want to protect someone?

I'm MORE than convinced, especially with yesterday's response you made to me in another thread. I'm MORE than convinced that a lot of liberals simply see and hear what they want to, and then make up the rest as they go along. :rolleyes:

All I am saying is let the investigation run its course. There is nothing to say until it's concluded.