PDA

View Full Version : Another - making players stand is like slavery

jimnyc
10-11-2017, 08:34 AM
No comment. :(

--

ESPN’s Wilbon Compares Jerry Jones to a Slave Owner for Requiring Players to Stand for National Anthem

Monday on ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption,” co-host Mike Wilbon likened Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner because he said Cowboys players will either stand for the national anthem or not play.

“[T]he word that comes to my mind, I don’t care who doesn’t like me using it, is ‘plantation,'” Wilbon told co-host Tony Kornheiser. “The players are here to serve me and they will do what I want no matter how much I pay them. They are not equal to me. That’s what this says to me and mine.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/10/espns-wilbon-compares-jerry-jones-slave-owner-requiring-players-stand-national-anthem/

Kathianne
10-11-2017, 08:50 AM
No comment. :(

--

ESPN’s Wilbon Compares Jerry Jones to a Slave Owner for Requiring Players to Stand for National Anthem

Monday on ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption,” co-host Mike Wilbon likened Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner because he said Cowboys players will either stand for the national anthem or not play.

“[T]he word that comes to my mind, I don’t care who doesn’t like me using it, is ‘plantation,'” Wilbon told co-host Tony Kornheiser. “The players are here to serve me and they will do what I want no matter how much I pay them. They are not equal to me. That’s what this says to me and mine.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/10/espns-wilbon-compares-jerry-jones-slave-owner-requiring-players-stand-national-anthem/

Well that's too bad, employers and employees are NOT equal when it comes to business decisions. Government should stay out of those relationships though, imo.

Black Diamond
10-11-2017, 09:13 AM
We should bring back slavery for a week so people quit saying it's like salvery every time they don't get their way.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-11-2017, 09:30 AM
We should bring back slavery for a week so people quit saying it's like salvery every time they don't get their way.
Right. Some cotton fields need to be picked by hand..
I, a white man, actually picked cotton by hand as a kid starting at age 6 and it is very hard work..
Especially since cotton-pickers were paid by the pound and not by the hour.
Slacking off one made no real money but hungry kids knew to never slack off.
Children raised on farms in the South back in those days did manual labor no different than what slaves did.
Some of us worked ourselves harder than slaves were worked.
And that is one of the main reasons how and why, we see what libs/dems/leftists truly are--
But try to tell that truth to an ignorant lib/dem and watch them scoff...--Tyr

LongTermGuy
10-11-2017, 10:26 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/reader_public/cont_ph_f458fc16e91ef602afb0e3603f84d98a.jpgk

Another `Black lies matter` racist (still promoting the "hands up dont shoot" proven lie...and To stupid to think .... still pushing the agenda driven "yes we can" Garbage of divide....deceit...twist and obama driven Ignorance....