PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Benefits Expected To Rise By 2% In 2018

Gunny
10-13-2017, 09:30 PM
October 13, 2017OAN NewsroomThe Social Security administration announced the cost of living adjustment Friday, which is the biggest gain in six years.
The annual COLA has only averaged just above one percent in the past eight years.
With the increase recipients can expect an additional $25 a month for the average beneficiary or over $300 for the year.
It will benefit more than 70 million Americans, including disabled veterans and federal retirement systems which are expected to have the biggest increase.
it will go into effect in January.

http://www.oann.com/social-security-benefits-expected-to-rise-by-2-in-2018/

Wow. 2%. $25 per month. With a proposed tax revision raising that bracket 2%. What a deal.:rolleyes:

pete311
10-13-2017, 09:47 PM
http://www.oann.com/social-security-benefits-expected-to-rise-by-2-in-2018/

Wow. 2%. $25 per month. With a proposed tax revision raising that bracket 2%. What a deal.:rolleyes:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Stop looking for hand outs, pick yourself up by the bootstrap ;)

Gunny
10-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Stop looking for hand outs, pick yourself up by the bootstrap ;)Got news for you ... I'm eligible for SS disability and DON'T take any handouts. I live on my retirement that I earned.

I also earned the SS should I choose to get it. Been paying since 1976. I don't take what I don't earn. If I could work, my ass sure as hell wouldn't be on this board as much as I am.

Black Diamond
10-13-2017, 10:01 PM
He already did, sperm mouth.

pete311
10-13-2017, 10:06 PM
He already did, sperm mouth.

Sperm mouth? That's a new one! :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
10-13-2017, 10:12 PM
That's a nasty thing to say, especially to someone who obviously EARNED his retirement. It ain't like he's sitting on his dead ass begging for a fucking hand out.

I think you owe him and any other service connected disabled veteran or lifer retired, and anyone who's paid practically their entire adult working life into SS. None of them are getting or begging for a fucking HAND OUT. They EARNED it, or PAID INTO IT and it's THEIR MONEY.

It really ticks me off every time I hear some little pencil neck puke out that crap. I hope your little smilie face means you were JOKING.

LongTermGuy
10-13-2017, 11:37 PM

​Its Not a hand out....just hard earned money acquired over the long years of hard work which a portion is given back as agreed...I know your joking pete but just wanted to emphasize the fact. ;)