PDA

View Full Version : Rose McGowan

jimnyc
10-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Unless your humle abode is underneath a large rock, you're aware that movie mogul Harvey Weinsten has been accused of nearly 40 instances of sexual harassment, sexual assault & 3 accusations of rape. Apparently, similar to Cosby, has been doing this for a few decades. And similar to Cosby, it was well known, and no one was speaking out about it to try and put a stop to it.

Then a few weeks ago a story about it came out in the New Yorker, and his career and reputation all went out the window within a matter of days. More and more accusations came out and very little if anything was done to deny any of it. It's known that he apparently settled via $$ many times due to his behavior or actions. Apparently his company was aware, as it was in his contract that if any of that were to happen, that he has to pay out of his own pocket, and this contract was updated in 2015.

It was also well known, now we're finding out, as tons and tons of women are speaking out, and even men that were aware of much of it. Not all of the women speaking out and discussing it were actually assaulted, he just hit on them. But being he did that many times in a hotel room, I would say even hitting on them at such times would be sexual harassment.

Then out came Rose McGowan. Always liked her, at least with her long hair. :) She went berserk about the whole thing and then stated she was raped by Weinstein. She has since went off on everyone and anyone remotely connected to Harvey, and anyone who remotely may have stayed quiet about his actions.

My issue is that she herself held this secret apparently for about years now. And also apparently took a $100,000 payout in 1997?

http://people.com/movies/rose-mcgowan-harvey-weinstein-sexual-harassment-case/

This doesn't make anything nearly ok for him, nor anything nearly ok that happened to her. Sexual assault is still sexual assault, even after a payout. But why in the fuck take a payout? Why not go to the police? Why not scream to the public? Was she more interested in money and her future career? I just don't get it. Why let someone remotely get away with it, and then scream to the heavens about it 20 years later? And shred anyone out there she felt knew about it and didn't speak up. Well hell, how many women have been assaulted or harassed after her, that potentially may not have had she spoken up?

I am NOT blaming the victim. I feel horrible for every last one that was actually harassed or assaulted in any way. I'm speaking about actions after the fact.

Black Diamond
10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Rose should get stuck in a garage door. ;)

NightTrain
10-17-2017, 11:55 AM
She took the payoff and kept her mouth shut because he had enough influence to kill her career. Unfortunate that she went that route like all the other women did, but personal ambition & monetary greed usually wins out over such moral dilemmas. I suspect that victims often don't consider the consequences to others of taking the bribe & keeping silent - it allows the scumbag to continue to harm other victims in the exact same trap they'd fallen into.

There's more at stake than one person's harm, in this case it was hundreds of other women.

At least she finally worked up the courage to finally go on the offensive and take him out... have to give her props for that.

Black Diamond
10-17-2017, 12:01 PM
She took the payoff and kept her mouth shut because he had enough influence to kill her career. Unfortunate that she went that route like all the other women did, but personal ambition & monetary greed usually wins out over such moral dilemmas. I suspect that victims often don't consider the consequences to others of taking the bribe & keeping silent - it allows the scumbag to continue to harm other victims in the exact same trap they'd fallen into.

There's more at stake than one person's harm, in this case it was hundreds of other women.

At least she finally worked up the courage to finally go on the offensive and take him out... have to give her props for that.
I this has gone on for decades in Hollywood.

NightTrain
10-17-2017, 12:14 PM
I this has gone on for decades in Hollywood.

I have no doubt.

Honestly in this day & age, I'm kind of amazed that this sort of behavior against so many different women hasn't surfaced before now.

When this is all said and done, I think the collective amount of payoffs will be a staggering number.

jimnyc
10-17-2017, 02:45 PM

Yup. And I can't comprehend why anyone would be so interested in their career, about money, when they were just raped. A shame that the dilemma, the greed, allowed him to continue. And to not be charged back then if he raped her. He needs/needed jail time.

She has NO responsibility for others being harmed after her. But with that said, the circumstances around the entire thing could have played out differently back then.

I'm glad the scumbag got taken out too, no doubt about that. I also hope they find things within the statute of limitations to charge him with and put him behind bars for a spell. He shouldn't be able to get away with all of this simply because he bribed so many, or because some were frightened about their careers.

I think there are many women and man that knew and kept their mouths shut, indirectly protecting him and allowing him to continue. :(

jimnyc
10-17-2017, 02:46 PM
I just read an article earlier that now Kevin Spacey is being brought up as another involved in abuses. Yikes. No real details were in the article though.

Gunny
10-17-2017, 06:26 PM
I have no doubt.

Honestly in this day & age, I'm kind of amazed that this sort of behavior against so many different women hasn't surfaced before now.

When this is all said and done, I think the collective amount of payoffs will be a staggering number.I'm sure this won't sound right, but WTH .....

The situation has made itself what it is, and I will admit to being jaundiced against the cry of rape. Especially with high profile players. Even MORE especially when a dozen or so players suddenly pop out of the woodwork and hang on for the ride. And payout.

The MSM, the courts, and high-dollar lawyers have made it this way for me. I don't believe any of them. You're telling me all these women went to Hollyweird in this day and age and didn't have a single clue that this crap has gone on since the 1920s when the first producer/director got to decide who was in and who was out? Not saying it's right, but it's the way it is.

Who suffers? The actual victims who have been wronged. The no-name victims who don't have a famous name to toss out to the wolfpack in the media. How many instances have we heard that the victim was at fault for her behavior and they were made to feel as if they were the one on trial?

Where money's involved as the endgame to the accusation? I have to question the motive.

NightTrain
10-17-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm sure this won't sound right, but WTH .....

The situation has made itself what it is, and I will admit to being jaundiced against the cry of rape. Especially with high profile players. Even MORE especially when a dozen or so players suddenly pop out of the woodwork and hang on for the ride. And payout.

The MSM, the courts, and high-dollar lawyers have made it this way for me. I don't believe any of them. You're telling me all these women went to Hollyweird in this day and age and didn't have a single clue that this crap has gone on since the 1920s when the first producer/director got to decide who was in and who was out? Not saying it's right, but it's the way it is.

Who suffers? The actual victims who have been wronged. The no-name victims who don't have a famous name to toss out to the wolfpack in the media. How many instances have we heard that the victim was at fault for her behavior and they were made to feel as if they were the one on trial?

Where money's involved as the endgame to the accusation? I have to question the motive.

For certain there are many, many false allegations in money-grubbing attempts. I'm talking specifically about Weinstein here and while he's a pig and deserves everything he's got coming to him, I'm sure there will be at least a few women claiming he did it to them to in order to get some kind of payout & recognition.

Take Cosby for example : I have no doubt he is guilty of being a serial rapist, but more than a few of his accusers struck me as angling for a quick payday when they joined the masses howling for blood. Too many jumped in on that action all at once, and not all of his, what... 80? 90? accusers would have all been silent until the same week after decades of rapes.

pete311
10-17-2017, 07:18 PM
For certain there are many, many false allegations in money-grubbing attempts. I'm talking specifically about Weinstein here and while he's a pig and deserves everything he's got coming to him, I'm sure there will be at least a few women claiming he did it to them to in order to get some kind of payout & recognition.

Take Cosby for example : I have no doubt he is guilty of being a serial rapist, but more than a few of his accusers struck me as angling for a quick payday when they joined the masses howling for blood. Too many jumped in on that action all at once, and not all of his, what... 80? 90? accusers would have all been silent until the same week after decades of rapes.

No basis for your claims

NightTrain
10-17-2017, 07:21 PM
No basis for your claims

Get your head out of your ass.

Read my qualifiers, think, then speak. In that order.

pete311
10-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Get your head out of your ass.

Read my qualifiers, think, then speak. In that order.

Total conjecture

NightTrain
10-17-2017, 07:43 PM
Total conjecture

Speculation.

You read, but you didn't actually absorb and comprehend the words I used. And that's crucial, Petey.

Gunny
10-17-2017, 08:38 PM

Take Cosby for example : I have no doubt he is guilty of being a serial rapist, but more than a few of his accusers struck me as angling for a quick payday when they joined the masses howling for blood. Too many jumped in on that action all at once, and not all of his, what... 80? 90? accusers would have all been silent until the same week after decades of rapes.Cosby was the one that stuck out the most. 80 or 90? When did he have time for his career?

Other side of the coin though ... you're an actress and want a job. You know the deal and play the game for YOUR benefit. It didn't suddenly become wrong because the deal no longer benefits. I'm not arguing that any of it is morally right. I'm kind of a stick in the mud on that one. I don't feel sorry for Weinstein at all. I find it hard to have any sympathy for McGowan though. She played part and parcel in the dirty Hollywood game along with the rest.

If she was so righteous, she could have said no and exposed it at the time. She got paid off and squealed anyway.

Winner: The media. They're soaking this crap up and milking it for all it's worth.

Black Diamond
10-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Rose should get stuck in a garage door. ;)
For clarification. Watch scream.

Gunny
10-17-2017, 08:58 PM
I think I've seen a couple of them. Not enough to watch more than once. Don't remember her from it at all.

Black Diamond
10-17-2017, 09:04 PM
I think I've seen a couple of them. Not enough to watch more than once. Don't remember her from it at all.
It's all I remember her from besides dating Marilyn Manson. Lol

Black Diamond
10-17-2017, 09:11 PM
But she gets in one of these Friday the 13th style killing scenes that we used to cheer for.

Gunny
10-17-2017, 09:13 PM
But she gets in one of these Friday the 13th style killing scenes that we used to cheer for.Think I recall that. Isn't where she runs like 20 miles (like in the real movie) and the guy is still right there behind her?

Black Diamond
10-17-2017, 09:15 PM
Think I recall that. Isn't where she runs like 20 miles (like in the real movie) and the guy is still right there behind her?
That sounds like Friday the 13th.

But in scream Rose mcgowen gets stuck in a garage door thing almost like a doggie door in a garage door and gets sliced.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-18-2017, 05:45 AM
I hear Marilyn Monroe fucked her way to the top.

See that's the thing, and I think part and parcel of the problem in hollydump.

You have the women that are MORE than willing to mount any member that will help their career, and then you have the ones that don't. So they culture that's evolved is, if you want the part girl, you better put out, and the ones that don't either get pressured like the recording you hear of weinerstein, or they get raped.

Either way, hollycesspool is an absolute toilet... has been for decades... and decades. I find none of this surprising.