PDA

View Full Version : Four Ann Arbor city council members take a knee

jimnyc
10-17-2017, 02:53 PM
This is retarded and this crap is getting out of hand. Who are they trying to get a message to and have a discussion? Their local citizens? It's embarrassing if you ask me. Since it's literally only bringing forth discussions about disrespect and/or just discussions about the act of kneeling - I am convinced that the majority of those, outside of the NFL, that are doing this, are seeking attention somehow.

---

Four Ann Arbor city council members take a knee during Pledge of Allegiance

ANN ARBOR, MI - Four Ann Arbor city council members chose to kneel during the Pledge of Allegiance at a meeting on Monday, Oct. 16.

Chip Smith, 5th Ward; Chuck Warpehoski, 5th Ward; Sumi Kailasapathy, 1st Ward; and Jason Frenzel, 1st Ward; moved in front of the council's table, turned toward the flag and took a knee when it came time to recite the Pledge of Allegiance after the meeting was called to order.

Warpehoski said the move was an act of attention, concern and respect.

"I can't speak to what is in each person's heart, but for me to 'take a knee' is an act of attention, of concern, and of respect," Warpehoski wrote on his website ahead of Monday's meeting and also stated at the meeting. "And it is in that spirit that I take a knee at tonight's City Council meeting: out of respect for the aspiration that we be a nation 'with liberty and justice for all,' with full attention that we fall short of that ideal in many ways, and with humble dedication to continue to work that the promise of the pledge may be fulfilled."

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2017/10/city_council_kneel_for_pledge.html

High_Plains_Drifter
10-17-2017, 03:06 PM
STUPID people... holy MOTHER OF GOD... just getting sickening. WHY are they HERE if they have SUCH a problem with our FLAG and NATIONAL ANTHEM?

WHY don't they MOVE THE HELL OUT?

All I see is people PISSING on MY FLAG and NATIONAL ANTHEM, NOTHING MORE. It's no different than BURNING THE FLAG, and if I saw that, I would do my absolute level best to give you a fucking BEAT DOWN.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-17-2017, 03:06 PM
This is retarded and this crap is getting out of hand. Who are they trying to get a message to and have a discussion? Their local citizens? It's embarrassing if you ask me. Since it's literally only bringing forth discussions about disrespect and/or just discussions about the act of kneeling - I am convinced that the majority of those, outside of the NFL, that are doing this, are seeking attention somehow.

---

Four Ann Arbor city council members take a knee during Pledge of Allegiance

ANN ARBOR, MI - Four Ann Arbor city council members chose to kneel during the Pledge of Allegiance at a meeting on Monday, Oct. 16.

Chip Smith, 5th Ward; Chuck Warpehoski, 5th Ward; Sumi Kailasapathy, 1st Ward; and Jason Frenzel, 1st Ward; moved in front of the council's table, turned toward the flag and took a knee when it came time to recite the Pledge of Allegiance after the meeting was called to order.

Warpehoski said the move was an act of attention, concern and respect.

"I can't speak to what is in each person's heart, but for me to 'take a knee' is an act of attention, of concern, and of respect," Warpehoski wrote on his website ahead of Monday's meeting and also stated at the meeting. "And it is in that spirit that I take a knee at tonight's City Council meeting: out of respect for the aspiration that we be a nation 'with liberty and justice for all,' with full attention that we fall short of that ideal in many ways, and with humble dedication to continue to work that the promise of the pledge may be fulfilled."

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2017/10/city_council_kneel_for_pledge.html

Some of these idiots doing this KNEE TAKING CRAP, need to see somebody that has decided to take a baseball bat and practice their home-run swings, IMHO..
TIS LONG PAST, THE JUST "GETTING OUT OF HAND STAGE", METHINKS..-TYR